Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scorptile is offline Starter

peyton manning breaks record

yes he did it...and in comeback glorious fashion...down 31-16 scored 15 unanswered points to tie it went into overtime and got a FG to win it..hahaha and to top off the #49th TD pass it was to stokley for his tenth of the season which gives stokley, wayne, and harrison 1,000 and 10 TD's at least for the season...crowd went nuts when peyton broke the record but instead of celebrating he got back to the line and went and got the 2 point conversion to tie the game....
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

To bad for Marino they didn't have a 5 yard chuck rule when he played because he was twice the QB then Manning. Plus he had less weapons.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

actually they did say they enforced the 5 yard rule the year marino broke the record before...the same rule enforced again this year...yes marino didnt have the weapons as manning has but that is because they were too busy with other things...lol...but did you see that last drive by manning?? that is a leader and the guy to have the ball when the game is on the line...am i right??

PurpleReign is offline Rookie

I love Peyton Manning. He's very quickly becoming my favorite player in the NFL. He's the very anti-self promotion athlete of our day.

He's all about winning and his team in an era where guys need to get on SportsCenter for making a tackle, down 45-0 (cough, cough Nick Barnett vs Eagles).

The Mark's Brothers were the duo of their time. They weren't much by today's standards, but they weren't chopped liver in the 80's either.

Don't slight what Manning has done. He's an incredible QB and leader. I'm very happy for him.

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

Peyton is a great QB, but I'm still going to have to say Marino was better. Marino had A LOT less help then Manning. Don't get me wrong, what Manning is doing is great, but I just think Marino was better.

Manning is also becoming one of my favorite players too. Not because he plays well, but because he knows how to handle it. He doesn't sit there and celebrate all the time, and he does what is best for the team. I would love to see this guy win the SB this year if we don't get there. I think it would be the first time I ever rooted for the AFC (although I haven't seen to many SBs since I haven't watched football for that long).

yes marino is a great qb...but after watching that game winning drive to tie the game then the win in overtime last sunday it goes to show his compsure...not about himself but about winning the game...like he has said...hes not much into personal records as long as it is done while winnign the game

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I think Manning is a great QB and I really like him. He is a good leader, has some fire at times, whines some times (but so does everybody else) is pretty damn accurate, can't move as much as I like a QB to move. He is a great QB and he is going to own every record! I also disagree with the fact that he has more weapons. Yeah he has a better RB, but Marino had some good weapons to throw to, Clayton and Duper. In their time they were pretty damn good!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

yes true...and i agree every qb whines sometimes..i still loved that final drive to tie the game against the chargers especially when he waved the punt team off hte field and was like i got this then went down and scored his 49th TD. that will be a more memorable TD then marino's 48th

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

That was a great way to break the record! I was hoping that he would play the whole game against the Broncos to add on to his record! I guess he wanted to keep it low enough so he could break it again next year...and the year after that...and the year after that...etc!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

lol tru..but that wasnt his decision to sit out it was dungy's plus htey only ran ten percent of the plays and it showed on sunday which in fact was the only home team to win on sunday...next up the injury depleted pats team...lol go colts!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast