Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Manning and Favre are pro's pros. They watch game films at all hours, and they can call their own plays. They know where everyone is supposed to be on the field. It is a combination of physical and mental ability to play football.

I do not see that in the current crop of Vikings quarterbacks.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well, to be honest we had every chance to have the next Peyton Manning and all we needed to do is rest AP and lose one or so more games, but our staff(and fan base if I remember correctly) said it was more important to win a meaningless game at the end of a failed year than it was to secure the future leader of your team. It should be obvious that Indy was not as bad that year as their record but they knew how important the right QB is to your team and they did what they needed to do to make sure they continued to have the QB their team needed.

The result was they went from a perennial double digit win team, to one really bad year where they tanked to get the guy they wanted, to right back into the perennial double digit win mode. We had the chance to have that QB and in the end the decision was made to go a different route.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Who needs a Payton Manning when you have a CHRISTIAN PONDER! Am I Right? Guys? Right? Anyone??

anyone?

anyone?

(crickets chirping)
    You're right.

Who needs a QB that can pass long, short, quick, touch, screen & bomb? We have a QB who can pass really well short. He just needs to focus on doing 1 thing right & doing it well. After all, the Colonel had success doing just that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    To be honest, I don't need a Peyton. I would love to have him but to win a superbowl we simply need a B tier QB. Elite Qbs are gonna request elite money and I don't need to pay a QB 20 million.
    You don't have to. That's what we have Zygi for.

Kapp on Manning's seven TDs: What took so long?

Kapp on Manning's seven TDs: What took so long? | Star Tribune

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    To be honest, I don't need a Peyton. I would love to have him but to win a superbowl we simply need a B tier QB. Elite Qbs are gonna request elite money and I don't need to pay a QB 20 million. However, a QB of Rivers, Cutlers standing will make less money but have enough talent to win the big game.

Right now we have a QB that cannot win a game by himself. I want a QB that can put the team on his back and will us a victory. Ponder defenders for get about the Packers game because Ponder didn't will us to victory. Everyone forgets that peterson rushed for 199 yards in that game. I know we got use to those absurd numbers but that's 3 times the RB average. 3X!!!!!
    If the bears have a good season, you can bet your ass Cutler will get big bucks, same with Rivers. Both of them have the potential, given the players around them, to be top-tier QBs. They will be paid as such. There's no such thing as getting a decent QB at a bargain. If they're a good starter, they'll get paid. It's that simple.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    I doubt Rivers or Cutler will ever ' win the big game'.
    So far, it appears Manning is worth all the money he is being paid.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Manning is unreal. Keep that assault on favres records full steam ahead.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    If the bears have a good season, you can bet your ass Cutler will get big bucks, same with Rivers. Both of them have the potential, given the players around them, to be top-tier QBs. They will be paid as such. There's no such thing as getting a decent QB at a bargain. If they're a good starter, they'll get paid. It's that simple.
    This is all very true...but what's also true is that it doesn't even take very long for the PLAYER to decide he's "Elite" and start demanding more...even if it's not really THEM. Remember Ray Edwards? The DE that some believed was the reason for the success of the D-Line? (ROFLMMFAO)

So we wind up with these grossly overpaid players - who all feel entitled to the paycheck (because they all have to "provide for my family") - and no ability to trade them (due to those aforementioned contracts) - or replace them.

I think that they should come up with an system that would rate each player - position by position - and allow the teams to pay/bonus them AFTER the season based upon what they actually DID. That would eliminate contract negotiations and "Agents" (Like Douchebag Drew) because everyone would be under the same contract.

Caine

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    When are we going to get a Payton Manning? Or even half a Payton Manning.
    Ha, you're not kidding either. He had over 300 yards and 5 TD's in just the 2nd half alone. Yep it would be nice to see that even over a full game once in awhile.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast