Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Peppers Wants Out Of Carolina

PEPPERS WANTS OUT OF CAROLINA
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/17/peppers-wants-out-of-carolina/

Bring back the Purple People Eaters? Imagine an Offensive Co's nightmare. Allen, Williams, Williams Peppers.
    ;D

I know we have more pressing issues but a fan can dream.
    I say we take Garcia, Add byrant for Cheap , Spend on Peppers,Give Hicks the starting job.
    Draft for need for everything else. With that front for our Lbs can bring a pool chair unto the field and get some RR. Who's with me?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Peppers Wants Out Of Carolina

But he can only be productive at the RDE position.
    You gonna move JA to LDE?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Our RDE spot is solid already. We need to spend every trade/draft on a real QB and on the Oline.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Yeah, he only has 56 sacks and 20 forced fumbles from the left side over his career.
    He'd never be able to handle the move back to that side after playing on the right side for an entire year.

Seriously though, he says that he is seeking new challenges, and I wonder what that means.
    Is he looking for a better team?
    A better defensive line to play next to?
    More money?
    A certain position or role?

If he's looking for freedom to rush the passer on every play, I don't think he'd want to play here.

He's also a couple years older (29 tomorrow) than the Vikings front office prefers.

But he'll probably be getting a contract somewhere in the neighborhood of $70-80 million for six years with about $20 million up front.
    The Vikings could make that work with the cap, and still re-sign Birk or bring in another similarly valued player.
    Of course, the future CBA is completely up in the air, and with it future cap implications.

So, very unlikely.
    But it'd be extremely awesome.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Can he throw the ball?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Now what a minute Marrdro. I swear you are bipolar sometimes.
    How come you can decide to move Gross to Center but you can't switch a DE from right to left? Waiting for some crazy, out of this world response.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Our RDE spot is solid already. We need to spend every trade/draft on a real QB and on the Oline.
    I agree 100% with cc on this one.
    Peppers would be overkill.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Overlord" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Yeah, he only has 56 sacks and 20 forced fumbles from the left side over his career.
    He'd never be able to handle the move back to that side after playing on the right side for an entire year.

Seriously though, he says that he is seeking new challenges, and I wonder what that means.
    More money?

If he's looking for freedom to rush the passer on every play, I don't think he'd want to play here.

He's also a couple years older (29 tomorrow) than the Vikings front office prefers.

But he'll probably be getting a contract somewhere in the neighborhood of $70-80 million for six years with about $20 million up front.
    The Vikings could make that work with the cap, and still re-sign Birk or bring in another similarly valued player.
    Of course, the future CBA is completely up in the air, and with it future cap implications.

So, very unlikely.
    Very good discussion points, however you failed to include that last year he sucked at the LDE position and after being moved to the RDE position his numbers went back up.

Hmmmmmm, seems to me that it is obvious that he wouldn't want to go back to be non-productive...
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

More money?

So, very unlikely.
    Very good discussion points, however you failed to include that last year he sucked at the LDE position and after being moved to the RDE position his numbers went back up.

Hmmmmmm, seems to me that it is obvious that he wouldn't want to go back to be non-productive...
    Did you not read Peppers quote?

“At this point in my NFL career, I am seeking new challenges that will allow me to grow, develop and reach my personal potential on the football field.
    Maybe he wants to go back to that position! He wants to grow and develop. How is that obvious to you that he would not want to go back after that statement. Makes no sense at all. He wants a challenge. Playing opposite Allen seems like a damn good challenge to me.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I say yes to Peppers and then Bring in Hayneworth as well. It my dream I can do what I want.

Seriously though
    bringing in Peppers would be a great idea. Not sure If I see it happening, but after last season nothing surprises me in the offseason. However After last off season I am worried that people may have bigger expectations than what may actually happen.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast