Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496

    Re: Pep to start for Chokeland???

    Please, someone post DC's stats while he didn't have Moss or Carter. Pretty sure he comes up dead last in every category, or at least close.

    Also, by using Moss as a decoy... isn't that still using Moss to DC's advantage?

    Think before you post.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #12
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Pep to start for Chokeland???

    "C" wrote:
    Please, someone post DC's stats while he didn't have Moss (take your pick). Pretty sure he comes up dead last in every category, or at least close.

    Also, by using Moss as a decoy... isn't that still using Moss to DC's advantage?

    Think before you post.
    Find your own stats to back up what you are saying, then bring it.

    Think before I post?
    Please....

    NodakPaul has a better variable than Carter and Moss, that is Linehan.

    Linehan helped hone DC's skills in the three years (bad yr, good yr and best yr 2004) that he was with DC.

    Moss was hardly a decoy in those two games.
    He walked his routes because he couldn't run.
    Seriouly, are you going to put to defenders on a guy that couldn't run.
    They were token starts from Tice when he should have been in plain street clothes.

  3. #13
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496

    Re: Pep to start for Chokeland???

    Eh, no worries. Anyone who watches football knows that DC has been one of the worst, if not the worst, quarterback in the league since losing Moss and Carter. So whatever.

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #14
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Pep to start for Chokeland???

    Culpepper had it all, except the ability to read a defense.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  5. #15
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Pep to start for Chokeland???

    "C" wrote:
    Eh, no worries. Anyone who watches football knows that DC has been one of the worst, if not the worst, quarterback in the league since losing Moss and Carter. So whatever.

    Carter's last year with DC was 2001
    Moss' last year with DC was 2004 (DC's best year Moss has stats for 11 games)

    In 2005, DC plays 6.25 games until he gets a season ending injury that in effect nullified any 2006 stats he had with MIA, couldn't put a full season together, wasn't healthy.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/CulpDa00.htm









    +---------------------------------------+-----------------+








    |






    Passing








    |

    Rushing

    |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    | Year
    TM |
    G |
    Comp
    Att
    PCT

    YD
    Y/A
    TD INT |
    Att
    Yards
    TD |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    | 1999 min |
    1 |

    0

    0
    0.0

    0
    0.0
    0
    0 |

    3

    6
    0 |
    | 2000 min |
    16 |
    297
    474
    62.7
    3937
    8.3
    33
    16 |

    90
    470
    7 |
    | 2001 min |
    11 |
    235
    366
    64.2
    2612
    7.1
    14
    13 |

    71
    416
    5 |
    | 2002 min |
    16 |
    334
    551
    60.6
    3859
    7.0
    18
    23 |
    105
    603
    10 |
    | 2003 min |
    14 |
    295
    454
    65.0
    3479
    7.7
    25
    11 |

    72
    422
    4 |
    | 2004 min |
    16 |
    379
    548
    69.2
    4717
    8.6
    39
    11 |

    89
    406
    2 |
    | 2005 min |
    7 |
    139
    216
    64.4
    1564
    7.2
    6
    12 |

    23
    148
    1 |
    | 2006 mia |
    4 |

    81
    134
    60.4
    929
    6.9
    2
    3 |

    10

    20
    1 |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    |
    TOTAL
    |
    85 |
    1760
    2743
    64.2 21097
    7.7 137
    89 |
    463
    2491
    30 |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+

  6. #16
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Pep to start for Chokeland???

    Culpepper's best year was the year after Moss left. That's one reason we traded Moss- We thought that the offense was fine without him because Culpepper was a supposed franchise QB.

  7. #17
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496

    Re: Pep to start for Chokeland???

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Culpepper's best year was the year after Moss left. That's one reason we traded Moss- We thought that the offense was fine without him because Culpepper was a supposed franchise QB.
    You are kidding right?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #18
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496

    Re: Pep to start for Chokeland???

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Eh, no worries. Anyone who watches football knows that DC has been one of the worst, if not the worst, quarterback in the league since losing Moss and Carter. So whatever.

    Carter's last year with DC was 2001
    Moss' last year with DC was 2004 (DC's best year Moss has stats for 11 games)

    In 2005, DC plays 6.25 games until he gets a season ending injury that in effect nullified any 2006 stats he had with MIA, couldn't put a full season together, wasn't healthy.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/CulpDa00.htm









    +---------------------------------------+-----------------+








    |






    Passing








    |

    Rushing

    |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    | Year
    TM |
    G |
    Comp
    Att
    PCT

    YD
    Y/A
    TD INT |
    Att
    Yards
    TD |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    | 1999 min |
    1 |

    0

    0
    0.0

    0
    0.0
    0
    0 |

    3

    6
    0 |
    | 2000 min |
    16 |
    297
    474
    62.7
    3937
    8.3
    33
    16 |

    90
    470
    7 |
    | 2001 min |
    11 |
    235
    366
    64.2
    2612
    7.1
    14
    13 |

    71
    416
    5 |
    | 2002 min |
    16 |
    334
    551
    60.6
    3859
    7.0
    18
    23 |
    105
    603
    10 |
    | 2003 min |
    14 |
    295
    454
    65.0
    3479
    7.7
    25
    11 |

    72
    422
    4 |
    | 2004 min |
    16 |
    379
    548
    69.2
    4717
    8.6
    39
    11 |

    89
    406
    2 |
    | 2005 min |
    7 |
    139
    216
    64.4
    1564
    7.2
    6
    12 |

    23
    148
    1 |
    | 2006 mia |
    4 |

    81
    134
    60.4
    929
    6.9
    2
    3 |

    10

    20
    1 |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    |
    TOTAL
    |
    85 |
    1760
    2743
    64.2 21097
    7.7 137
    89 |
    463
    2491
    30 |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    His injury is a moot point, he was going to be benched anyways. Thanks for posting the stats and proving my point.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #19
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Pep to start for Chokeland???

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Culpepper's best year was the year after Moss left. That's one reason we traded Moss- We thought that the offense was fine without him because Culpepper was a supposed franchise QB.
    PPE, I think that it was 2005 and 2006 Moss played in Oak.
    That means he was here for DC's standout season in which he was competing against Manning for TD passes.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/MossRa00.htm









    |




    Rushing



    |



    Receiving



    |
    +----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+
    | Year
    TM |
    G |
    Att
    Yards

    Y/A
    TD |
    Rec
    Yards
    Y/R
    TD |
    +----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+
    | 1998 min |
    16 |

    1


    4

    4.0

    0 |

    69
    1313
    19.0
    17 |
    | 1999 min |
    16 |

    4

    43
    10.8

    0 |

    80
    1413
    17.7
    11 |
    | 2000 min |
    16 |

    3


    5

    1.7

    0 |

    77
    1437
    18.7
    15 |
    | 2001 min |
    16 |

    3

    38
    12.7

    0 |

    82
    1233
    15.0
    10 |
    | 2002 min |
    16 |

    6

    51

    8.5

    0 |
    106
    1347
    12.7

    7 |
    | 2003 min |
    16 |

    6

    18

    3.0

    0 |
    111
    1632
    14.7
    17 |
    | 2004 min |
    13 |

    0


    0

    0.0

    0 |

    49

    767
    15.7
    13 |

    | 2005 oak |
    16 |

    0


    0

    0.0

    0 |

    60
    1005
    16.8

    8 |
    | 2006 oak |
    13 |

    0


    0

    0.0

    0 |

    42

    553
    13.2

    3 |
    +----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+
    |
    TOTAL
    | 138 |

    23

    159

    6.9

    0 |
    676
    10700
    15.8
    101 |
    +----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

    I guess Moss couldn't make Walters a better QB.

  10. #20
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Pep to start for Chokeland???

    "C" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Eh, no worries. Anyone who watches football knows that DC has been one of the worst, if not the worst, quarterback in the league since losing Moss and Carter. So whatever.

    Carter's last year with DC was 2001
    Moss' last year with DC was 2004 (DC's best year Moss has stats for 11 games)

    In 2005, DC plays 6.25 games until he gets a season ending injury that in effect nullified any 2006 stats he had with MIA, couldn't put a full season together, wasn't healthy.

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/CulpDa00.htm









    +---------------------------------------+-----------------+








    |






    Passing








    |

    Rushing

    |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    | Year
    TM |
    G |
    Comp
    Att
    PCT

    YD
    Y/A
    TD INT |
    Att
    Yards
    TD |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    | 1999 min |
    1 |

    0

    0
    0.0

    0
    0.0
    0
    0 |

    3

    6
    0 |
    | 2000 min |
    16 |
    297
    474
    62.7
    3937
    8.3
    33
    16 |

    90
    470
    7 |
    | 2001 min |
    11 |
    235
    366
    64.2
    2612
    7.1
    14
    13 |

    71
    416
    5 |
    | 2002 min |
    16 |
    334
    551
    60.6
    3859
    7.0
    18
    23 |
    105
    603
    10 |
    | 2003 min |
    14 |
    295
    454
    65.0
    3479
    7.7
    25
    11 |

    72
    422
    4 |
    | 2004 min |
    16 |
    379
    548
    69.2
    4717
    8.6
    39
    11 |

    89
    406
    2 |
    | 2005 min |
    7 |
    139
    216
    64.4
    1564
    7.2
    6
    12 |

    23
    148
    1 |
    | 2006 mia |
    4 |

    81
    134
    60.4
    929
    6.9
    2
    3 |

    10

    20
    1 |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    |
    TOTAL
    |
    85 |
    1760
    2743
    64.2 21097
    7.7 137
    89 |
    463
    2491
    30 |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    His injury is a moot point, he was going to be benched anyways. Thanks for posting the stats and proving my point.
    I don't think we know what your point is.
    Can anyone other than C mac D explain his point to me?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 08:16 AM
  2. A start worth repeating - Johnson to start against Jets
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 02:48 PM
  3. Start Tarvaris? No, start THINKING.
    By Caine in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 03:07 PM
  4. who should i start?
    By vikings6490 in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-09-2005, 05:57 PM
  5. Bad Start
    By Champagne14206 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-09-2003, 07:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •