Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Pep to start for Chokeland???

That's what this writer thinks!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7157012
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Pep to start for Chokeland???

Oakland can't sign their number 1 pick, so they have a mirror image in Pep. I hope he makes itto the HHH, on Nov 18th as the Raiders starter. Really want to give him a Clobbering.... er I mean a warm welcome.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

There is no doubt about it. Pep will start. I thought Russell was going to be a bust and worse than Quinn from day one, but I did not see this coming. This is all about money and all Russell's fault. I actually feel sorry for Oakland. I hope Pep does well and makes them forget about their wasted pick, but that will be extremely hard to do.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

I would hope he can beat out Josh McCown.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Josh did beat DC in that awful loss in AZ.

That was a sucky loss for the Vikes.

Now they are teammates. I wonder if Josh reminds him of that on a daily basis.

I think that DC will get that job.
    Verticle passing is DC's forte.
    Actually, I am not sure if Kiffen changed the vert passing or kept that the Al Davis way.

DC will probably be a vet journeyman the rest of his career.

Lane Kiffin didn't name Culpepper the starter, but he was happy to see Culpepper working to master the Raiders' new system. "I know this about Daunte - he's buying into what we need, and I don't think that's what he's used to," Kiffin said on Saturday. The Raiders don't need a scramble-happy freewheeler. They need a strong-armed veteran who can keep the offense competitive while Kiffin assembles more pieces. Culpepper looks like the man.

Teams around the NFL are starting to resolve their position battles, so we'll do away with the "odds" format we used the last two weeks. If you are still betting on Brooks Bollinger or Brodie Croyle to win a starting job, please stop by the Football Outsiders offices for our Tuesday poker game. We need a sucker.

davike is offline Team Alumni

Now they are going to win evewy game!!! Culpepper is such a great QB!! He can throw really far and he can scramble a little bit and everyone know the key to success for a team in the NFL is having a QB with a strong arm and scrambling ability.....look at how many superbowls Vick led the Falcons to.

What I am wondering is after he flops in Oakland is he still going to go around and talk all big and make excuses? Or will he finally snap to reality and realize Moss and Carter made him what he was.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"davike" wrote:
    Now they are going to win evewy game!!! Culpepper is such a great QB!! He can throw really far and he can scramble a little bit and everyone know the key to success for a team in the NFL is having a QB with a strong arm and scrambling ability.....look at how many superbowls Vick led the Falcons to.

What I am wondering is after he flops in Oakland is he still going to go around and talk all big and make excuses? Or will he finally snap to reality and realize Moss and Carter made him what he was.
    No.
    Linehan made him what he was.
    Having great WRs helped, but Linehan deserves the credit.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:

No.
    Nope, it was Moss and Carter
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:

No.
    People tend to forget that DC's best year didn't include Carter.
    It did include Randy for 13 games, in which 2 of those 13 he was a decoy at best (5 games without stats). It did include Linehan.
    It included a coach named Tice (Jags assistant coach), Wiggins (no longer on an NFL roster) and Nate Burleson (No.4 WR on Sea).With that said, credit should be given where it is due.
    DC did it, not Linehan.

People can say that he is a fumbler.
    They can say that he threw interceptions (Farve throws INTs). They can say he didn't win a Super Bowl.
    But it isn't fair to say that he didn't/doesn't have talent.

If you want to give credit to coaches, then maybe we should discredit Joe Montana and say that Siefert deserve the credit.
    It wouldn't be fair to Joe to say that. Culpepper is no Joe, but with two variables, it is unfair to discredit one over the other. Both are part of the equation.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:

No.
    People tend to forget that DC's best year didn't include Carter.
    It did include Randy for 13 games, in which 2 of those 13 he was a decoy at best (5 games without stats). It did include Linehan.
    It included a coach named Tice (Jags assistant coach), Wiggins (no longer on an NFL roster) and Nate Burleson (No.4 WR on Sea).With that said, credit should be given where it is due.
    DC did it, not Linehan.

People can say that he is a fumbler.
    They can say that he threw interceptions (Farve throws INTs). They can say he didn't win a Super Bowl.
    But it isn't fair to say that he didn't/doesn't have talent.

If you want to give credit to coaches, then maybe we should discredit Joe Montana and say that Siefert deserve the credit.
    It wouldn't be fair to Joe to say that. Culpepper is no Joe, but with two variables, it is unfair to discredit one over the other. Both are part of the equation.

Nope, it was Moss and Carter
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast