Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Pep Out For The Year? Saban Not Happy!

From Pro Football Talk
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

[size=18px]CULPEPPER TO MISS MOST OF THE YEAR?[/size]

As speculation continues regarding the question of whether Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper will be ready at the start of the 2006 regular season, we're hearing increased rumblings that Culpepper might not be able to play at all this year.

Culpepper is recovering from three torn ligaments -- MCL, ACL, and PCL -- in his right knee, which occurred when he took a low hit from the side in an October 30 game between Culpepper's old team, the Vikings, and the Carolina Panthers.

The Dolphins sent a second-round pick to the Vikings last month for Culpepper, who rapidly fell out of favor in Minnesota via his decision to rehab in Florida, his desire for more a lot more money, and his propensity to send out e-mails to the media in his capacity as his own agent.

Meanwhile, the Fins are looking for a veteran backup quarterback. They've kicked the tires of Tommy Maddox and are in the running for Lions quarterback Joey Harrington.

[size=18px]SABAN NOT HAPPY WITH CULPEPPER'S CHOICE OF WORDS[/size]

There's talk in league circles that Dolphins coach Nick Saban wasn't pleased with certain portions of the recent comments from quarterback Daunte Culpepper at a Monday press conference. Supposedly (or, as they say in Jersey, supposably), Culpepper's equivocation regarding his availability for the start of the 2006 season has caused a little consternation for the Nicktator, who believes that it will now be more costly to sign a veteran backup at the position.

The irony here is that Saban apparently is loosening up his "one voice" approach by allowing other members of the organization to address the media. Based on Culpepper's recent performance, Saban might just put the kibosh to his adventures in glasnost.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

Re: Pep Out For The Year? Saban Not Happy!

Glad he's gone. The problems can brew in the same pot as Ricky's.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

He can rent an Oceanliner in florida for the team.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Wonder where they heard those rumblings. The last I heard was that he was ahead of schedule in his rehab.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    He can rent an Oceanliner in florida for the team.
    Is anyone other than me really getting tired of the boat jokes? Especially when you are talking about the only guy from that mess who had his charges dismissed... :beathorse:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

It was no secret he would be out the majority of the season lol. This is a serious injury. That's why I confronted the dolphin fans that came here saying he would be ready by the start of the season.

Who are you kidding? The guy is out, and is going to remain out at least half of the season, and by then he may not even get a chance to play if the guy starting is doing well and the team is showing real chemistry.

That is why you only get a 2nd round pick for him. I think in the eagerness to bash the Vikings and Childress over trading him many fans began to forget that this injury is HUGE, and the talks of him being able to play are spreading.

He will not be ready for quite some time.

Any doctors in here? How long is it recommended you get back to just normal activity when your knee blows up.

CynicalVike is offline Starter

The doctor who did the operation on his knee said 12-18 months before he would be able to start doing football related activities.

Odds are 2007 before he trys to make his comeback.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

Del Rio Guest

The cruciate ligaments controll the anterior and posterior stability of the knee.

The ACL takes the longest to heal and most athletes can do it in 10-18 months.

One problem is the blood supply is in the ligament not around it, so when there is a tear it makes it hard to get adequate blood supply.

I tore my acl, I was back to "normal" in a year. I imagine culpepper will be back. I doubt it will be before mid season. His ability to walk, while nice is not an indication of his recovery.

That's what I thought, YOu should be able to walk normally before you can even drop back in the pocket.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast