Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: "PEP" not starting?

Yes Whack, that article, had Saban quoted as saying "DC was like a pitbull," he wants to fight and taste blood, compete.
    I suppose he has something to prove also.
    Maybe DC thought Chris Chambers was his answer to his QB problems.

It very well could have been too soon but it still doesn't rectify the holding onto the ball problem.

In watching Lowlights of this game, can't remember what channel, they did make the comment about JOEY was only SACKED 1 Time this game.
    They said this was due to him getting rid of the ball.
    It goes to show that DC just holds the ball too long.
    We knew that.
    That was happening b4 his injury, here in MN.

Maybe the shoulder is a problem too, or is it attitude(Saban or DC)?

IFletcher is offline Waterboy

I was always a Cullpepper guy, but at some point, I guess at some point you have to wonder.
    Perhaps before next season he and Moss can find a way to "engineer" thenselves to the same tean so they can "recapture the magic".
    Or they can sit and rot together.
    Sincerely,
    IM Fletcher

I... can't figure out what I was doing in Utah this morning.

Monday, October 9, 2006
    Saban: Harrington to start; Culpepper fight nothing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

DAVIE, Fla. -- There's no mystery this week. Joey Harrington will remain as the Miami Dolphins' starting quarterback.

Joey Harrington
    Quarterback
    Miami Dolphins

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
    Att Comp Yds TD Int Rat
    41 26 221 0 2 58.2

For now, anyway.

Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Monday that when his team opens practice for next Sunday's visit to the New York Jets, Harrington will be the first-stringer. Daunte Culpepper will enter a rehab-type program designed to help restore some explosive movement in his surgically rebuilt right knee.

"We'll evaluate it on a week-to-week basis," Saban said. "This week, we're going to plan to play like we did last week. ... We're going to work with Daunte, improve his movement, give him some reps in practice, get Joey ready to play in the game. Now, does that make him the starter? I guess that makes him the starter."

Harrington completed 26 of 41 passes for 232 yards and two interceptions Sunday in Miami's 20-10 loss at New England. He was chosen the starter one day earlier by Saban, while Culpepper was listed as "probable" on the team's injury report with what the team said was a sore shoulder.

And while Saban said Culpepper's shoulder remains a concern, it was clear that the knee recovery issues were foremost in his decision to continue with Harrington.

The decision could change "any time," Saban said, but no timetable for Culpepper's return exists.

"When he's playing and he can move laterally and quickly, not just in straight-ahead running, but in lateral movements and quick, explosive movements," Saban said when asked what he needs to see before he'd return Culpepper to the starting role. "That's what we'll be looking for."

Neither Harrington nor Culpepper were available in the Dolphins' locker room Monday afternoon.

"It really doesn't matter who's in there to us," wide receiver Derek Hagan said. "We've just got to make sure we're on the same page with every quarterback. ... Joey's just getting his start. He's got to be ready, and hopefully he'll play as well as he did yesterday."

The Dolphins are 1-4 and have lost seven of the last eight games at the Meadowlands, not including a 2003 win over the stadium's other tenant, the New York Giants.

Only one team in Miami history has recovered from a 1-4 start or worse to finish with a .500 record; the 1986 Dolphins rallied to end that season 8-8, yet still missed the playoffs.

Still, such a start isn't always a death knell. There are nine teams who have reached the playoffs from 1-4, most recently Green Bay in 2004.

"We've got to get it right. ... I think if we do that, we improve as a team, we start winning games and we got on a roll around here in a positive way," Saban said. "We're going to continue to focus on the good things, correct the bad things, focus on the good things that we have here and get the thing turned around."

Daunte Culpepper
    Quarterback
    Miami Dolphins

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
    Att Comp Yds TD Int Rat
    134 81 779 2 3 77.0

Culpepper took every snap in the first four games, completed 81 of 134 passes for 929 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions -- and was sacked 21 times.

Harrington was sacked only once by the Patriots on Sunday.

"By design, it was helpful that if the ball's coming out faster, you don't have to block them for as long," Saban said.

Culpepper and Saban exchanged heated words during practice Friday, something the coach loudly -- and somewhat angrily -- tried to downplay Monday.

Culpepper, Saban said, knows he's doing something that's best for the team right now, even though the Dolphins' top offseason acquisition is obviously disappointed by the situation.

"I understand that and I respect it," Saban said. "I would be a lot more concerned if the guy said: 'Great, I don't care. Let me go down to South Beach and see what's going on down there.' I would be real concerned then."
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

A few things here.

#1 - I think everyone knew that "sore shoulder" that kept Culpepper out of

action this week was just a way to get him out of the lineup due to

lack of productivity.

#2 - Culpepper was sacked 21 times in the first 4 games....Harrington just once

against New England. You have GOT to get rid of the ball quicker than

Culpepper does. Also, you need to make quick decisions.

#3 - Miami fans are realizing how bad Culpepper is at reading defenses, making

poor decisions and now he does not have mobility. I heard one guy going

off on NFL radio who was saying the same stuff Vikings fans have been saying,

like how he fumbles when nobody is even around him. It was funny stuff.

#4 - Culpepper and Saban exchanged heated words on Friday and Culpepper

has been saying no comment on his injury status to reporters.

Bottom line - Miami is very frustrated with him and they are realizing the same thing
    Vikings fans did last year. I hope Harrington tears it up down there, except if he
    plays the Vikings. Hey C-Pep -- still glad you left the Vikings? Not as glad as I am
    that you are gone!!!
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

Miami fans are realizing how bad Culpepper is at reading defenses, making

poor decisions and now he does not have mobility. I heard one guy going

off on NFL radio who was saying the same stuff Vikings fans have been saying,

like how he fumbles when nobody is even around him. It was funny stuff.
    yep.. my dad and i were talking about it last night.. moss made culpepper, and with CPEP having no moss, he's nothing.. except a turnover ans sack machine
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

PEP is done for now. It's sad he is acting crazy with Saban who has been nothing more then supportive of him. PEP grow up.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    PEP is done for now. It's sad he is acting crazy with Saban who has been nothing more then supportive of him. PEP grow up.
    I am a 10 million dollar a year QB!
    Now go get me a gatorade and a crib sheet for the plays.
    I don't have time to study plays, Rickey Williams and I need to play PlayStation. :

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

what he really needs is rehab/therapy for that 5 cent head of his.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    DC will be back!!
    Yeah, he'll be back there getting sacked, throwing picks and fumbling the ball.
    Yeah, he'll be "back" as in the "back up"

He is trying too hard, he should have waited to be completely rehabbed and not worried what others thought of him.
    The guy is a great QB when he is not trying too hard.
    I hope he sits until he is 100%, he will be back as a probowl QB next year if he gets 100% healthy
    You republican whore!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast