Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....

    "Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "thepacksux" wrote:
    he is a good powerful runner, just because he was a backup to a future hall of famer doesnt mean he is not good.


    I don't see a powerful runner when he is carrying the ball. I see it when he is just standing there looking big, but he doesn't run with the power he should. He is a horrible goaline RB and can not do the things that a moe williams does at the goaline. I watched the jets try and save curtis martin, by using lamont in golaine carries and boy did they quickly change that strategy.

    With moss and porter there, it will be easier for him to do decent, since there won't be many 8 in the box's. However, their O-line is horrible and it doesn't matter how good a D is that your playing, if you don't have a good O-line, you can't run the ball, period. Gallery looked below average last year as a rookie and was their best O-lineman. He will probably be better this year, but they still have bottom of the league talent on their O-line.

    1000 yards? Probably if he can play 16 games. That really doesn't mean much in today's game.

    If I were to guess I would say around 1000 yards and 7 TD's, if he stays healthy, which I doubt he does.

    He's an average RB, no more.

    Have you ever seen him run, ever?

    You'd have to be out of your mind to say he is not a power runner. He is a tank, plain and simple, he can run over 90% of Linebackers if they dont put a clean hit on him. And you can forget about any DB, except for Darius, Sharper, and those bigger, elite guys in the secondary, the ones who can hit.

    I HAAAAAAAAATE the Jets more than anyone you will ever meet, ever. But all my friends are jets fans, so I still see every single one of their games, literally every single one. I have seen what LaMont can do, and obviously all of you arguing against me haven't. None of you even live in the new york area, or anywhere near it. So unless you have the ticket, or the Jets come to town where you play, and I know the Jets haven't played the Vikings or the Packers since Jordan joined the team, and he hasn't been to California since 2003, where he rushed for 69 yards on only 7 carries. He also carried 7 times against san diego in the playoffs last year, and gained 50 yards.

    He averaged 5ypc last season, on 93 carries, and his longest was 33 yards, so it's not like he had 10 carries and one of them was 80 yards.

    Basically what I am trying to say is, I'm right you're wrong, watch him play before you judge his game.

    I've watched him play since his early days at maryland, so back off boy, with your suggestions that I haven't seen him play. Maybe you are stuck on his running style in college, because since he has entered the NFL, he has not been a RB that runs with great power, like he did at maryland. Like I said, the jets tried to use him on goaline, to preserve curtis martin, but had to scrap those plans very quickly, because he dances to much near the goaline, which is something powerful runners don't need to do. He needs to take some lessons from moe williams.

    Maybe it's the fact that he has been behind a great O-line in NY all his career, or the fact that he gets his carries when he is fresh and the opponents D has been tired and beat down. Or that he comes in for curtis martin during the game and the opponents D relaxes a little and plays pass a little more without the hall of famer RB in the backfield. If MM and onterrio weren't proven after their rookie years, what does that make lamont jordan? Sorry, but doing good on a few carries during a game doesn't mean a whole lot. Jesse chatman averaged 6 yards a carry last year for SD, so how great do you think he is then?

    Jordan is an average RB, no more. Everyone will see this when he struggles trying to be a feature back, without a good O-line.

    And sharper a bigger elite guy in the secondary who can hit??? Have you ever watched sharper play? He isn't a big hitter or known for his tackling at all. See I can do it too. Frustrating isn't it.

    Just because someone has a different opinion on a guy then you, doesn't mean they have no idea what they are talking about and you need to attack them.

  2. #22
    sunny's Avatar
    sunny is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    373

    Re: People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....

    Jordan's TD numbers wont even come close to Priests. They have a guy named Randy Moss overthere and he's perty good from what i've herd. Randy will steal all of his TDs just like he did here. He automatic inside the 5.
    I.B.O.T. #213

  3. #23
    Prophet Guest

    Re: People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....

    I've always liked L. Jordan. He runs downhill and will fit in nicely in Oakland. I'm glad he is getting a chance to start somewhere. Oakland should have a decent year this year and I would be surprised if Jordan doesn't rush for over 1200 yds this year and in double-digits in TDs.

  4. #24
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....

    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "thepacksux" wrote:
    he is a good powerful runner, just because he was a backup to a future hall of famer doesnt mean he is not good.


    I don't see a powerful runner when he is carrying the ball. I see it when he is just standing there looking big, but he doesn't run with the power he should. He is a horrible goaline RB and can not do the things that a moe williams does at the goaline. I watched the jets try and save curtis martin, by using lamont in golaine carries and boy did they quickly change that strategy.

    With moss and porter there, it will be easier for him to do decent, since there won't be many 8 in the box's. However, their O-line is horrible and it doesn't matter how good a D is that your playing, if you don't have a good O-line, you can't run the ball, period. Gallery looked below average last year as a rookie and was their best O-lineman. He will probably be better this year, but they still have bottom of the league talent on their O-line.

    1000 yards? Probably if he can play 16 games. That really doesn't mean much in today's game.

    If I were to guess I would say around 1000 yards and 7 TD's, if he stays healthy, which I doubt he does.

    He's an average RB, no more.

    Have you ever seen him run, ever?

    You'd have to be out of your mind to say he is not a power runner. He is a tank, plain and simple, he can run over 90% of Linebackers if they dont put a clean hit on him. And you can forget about any DB, except for Darius, Sharper, and those bigger, elite guys in the secondary, the ones who can hit.

    I HAAAAAAAAATE the Jets more than anyone you will ever meet, ever. But all my friends are jets fans, so I still see every single one of their games, literally every single one. I have seen what LaMont can do, and obviously all of you arguing against me haven't. None of you even live in the new york area, or anywhere near it. So unless you have the ticket, or the Jets come to town where you play, and I know the Jets haven't played the Vikings or the Packers since Jordan joined the team, and he hasn't been to California since 2003, where he rushed for 69 yards on only 7 carries. He also carried 7 times against san diego in the playoffs last year, and gained 50 yards.

    He averaged 5ypc last season, on 93 carries, and his longest was 33 yards, so it's not like he had 10 carries and one of them was 80 yards.

    Basically what I am trying to say is, I'm right you're wrong, watch him play before you judge his game.

    I've watched him play since his early days at maryland, so back off boy, with your suggestions that I haven't seen him play. Maybe you are stuck on his running style in college, because since he has entered the NFL, he has not been a RB that runs with great power, like he did at maryland. Like I said, the jets tried to use him on goaline, to preserve curtis martin, but had to scrap those plans very quickly, because he dances to much near the goaline, which is something powerful runners don't need to do. He needs to take some lessons from moe williams.

    Maybe it's the fact that he has been behind a great O-line in NY all his career, or the fact that he gets his carries when he is fresh and the opponents D has been tired and beat down. Or that he comes in for curtis martin during the game and the opponents D relaxes a little and plays pass a little more without the hall of famer RB in the backfield. If MM and onterrio weren't proven after their rookie years, what does that make lamont jordan? Sorry, but doing good on a few carries during a game doesn't mean a whole lot. Jesse chatman averaged 6 yards a carry last year for SD, so how great do you think he is then?

    Jordan is an average RB, no more. Everyone will see this when he struggles trying to be a feature back, without a good O-line.

    And sharper a bigger elite guy in the secondary who can hit??? Have you ever watched sharper play? He isn't a big hitter or known for his tackling at all. See I can do it too. Frustrating isn't it.

    Just because someone has a different opinion on a guy then you, doesn't mean they have no idea what they are talking about and you need to attack them.
    Darren Sharper has had more tackles in all of his seasons except '02 and last year than Donovin Darius, who is known as a hitter.

    Jesse Chatman isn't even playing this year, look at thie list of players on NFL.com, he isn't there, he isn't on the San Diego Chargers roster, he isn't even in the NFL this year, doesn't that say something? You can't even compare him to LaMont Jordan.

    I will go as far as to say, LaMont Jordan will rush for far more yards than any one of our running backs.


    And I'm done arguing about this until January 1, 2006, when the Raiders season is over.

  5. #25
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....

    "Mr Anderson" wrote:

    Darren Sharper has had more tackles in all of his seasons except '02 and last year than Donovin Darius, who is known as a hitter.

    Jesse Chatman isn't even playing this year, look at thie list of players on NFL.com, he isn't there, he isn't on the San Diego Chargers roster, he isn't even in the NFL this year, doesn't that say something? You can't even compare him to LaMont Jordan.

    I will go as far as to say, LaMont Jordan will rush for far more yards than any one of our running backs.


    And I'm done arguing about this until January 1, 2006, when the Raiders season is over.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6189 Jesse Chatman is a FA. I have actually heard that minnesota is interested in him, along with 6 other teams. And I didn't compare him to lamont jordan, you essentially did, when you gave lamont jordan's yards per carry average like it meant something. Well chatman ran for 6 yards per carry last season and you seem to think he sucks, which means lamont's 5 yards per carry average means nothing to you either then.

    A guys yards per carry average means nothing when talking about a RB that runs with power either. A RB running over some safeties or CB's and even a few LB's also doesn't always mean he is running with power. With Lamont's size, he is gonna run over guys just with momentum. Same can be said for ron dayne. But both guys just don't use their best asset well, and that is their huge frame. They both like to dance way too much and that gets them into trouble. They are guys who will try to dance around defensive players and try to avoid contact, before they will use their power. Trust me, behind an oakland raiders crappy O-line, it will become even more obvious how much lamont likes to dance, because he won't have the obvious gapping holes that the NY O-line gave him. And no I am not saying lamont jordan is as bad of a RB as ron dayne.

    And just so you know how much I have seen him play. I have direct TV and their CBS comes straight out of NY, meaning the stupid jets games are on every single sunday and I am stuck watching them play.

    I've seen more then enough to make an opinion that he is no more then an average RB, until he learns to stop dancing and use his power more.


    And if your argueing that sharper is an elite hitter, your crazy. Tackles don't mean you are a big hitter, like a darious is. If you watched the vikings/packers games last year, you will see that sharper isn't known for tackling or hitting, he is known more for coverage and his big game changing int's. Tackling/hitting is sharper's weakness.

  6. #26
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....why?

    Yah Muchluv Sharper is a HORRRRRRRRIBLE tackler.. He misses alot and doesn't hit hard when he does get tackles.. He is known for getting lots of picks.. His tackling could have been because he was forced to make all the tackles in GB.. While Darius had lots of help up front and at the line to take away some of his..


    I haven't really watched Lamont play all that much but from reading arguments and watching a couple Jets games I would have to say he is maybe average or a little better..


    Like Muchluv said he needs to learn how to use his talents... If he learns not to dance so much he should be much better

  7. #27
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....why?

    By me saying he is an average RB, it may sound like a diss on him, but really if you look deeper into it, it isn't as bad as it sounds.

    Curtis Martin
    Shaun Alexander
    Corey Dillon
    Edgerrin James
    Tiki Barber
    Rudi Johnson
    LaDainian Tomlinson
    Clinton Portis
    Priest Holmes
    Fred Taylor
    Domanick Davis
    Ahman Green
    Kevin Jones
    Willis McGahee
    Jamal Lewis
    Deuce McAllister


    Here are the RB's he needs to pass to be listed as above average. Looks like a pretty good list and leaves off some other good young RB's.

  8. #28
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....why?

    Yep I totally agree Muchluv..


    Average RB's

    Barlow
    Bennett
    Thomas Jones
    Jordan



    Those are just a few.. I could name alot more.. But it isn't that bad to be average.. And being average is gonna show when he plays behind Oak-towns line

  9. #29
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....why?


  10. #30
    viks_fan21's Avatar
    viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    644

    People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....why?


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Priest Holmes announces his retirement
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 06:14 PM
  2. Priest Holmes "Everything is on hold" until doctors decide
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 12:08 PM
  3. Tiki Barber or Lamont Jordan
    By Bubba_ND in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 07:23 PM
  4. Stephan Jackson or Lamont Jordan
    By Bubba_ND in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 05:50 AM
  5. Priest Holmes
    By ItalianStallion in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2003, 08:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •