Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....why?

His situation is similar to Brian Westbrook's IMO. A good (not great) rb on a team with a top notch WR that really stretches the field. I expect to see him get 1000 rushing yards and 9 td's.

dauntefan is offline Training Camp

I think Jordan will be solid. Priest is not as good as people make out. Playing for K.C. is like playing in Denver. Any running back will be good. I think Larry Johnson and Derrick Blaylock prove my point. Don't get me wrong, Priest is good, but he's not E. James or L. Tomlinson. I know his numbers speak a lot, but a lot of the credit goes to the K.C. system and their offensive line. I could run through some of the holes that line creates.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Tomlinson is awesome. Imagine L.T. behind denvers line.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"thepacksux" wrote:
    he is a good powerful runner, just because he was a backup to a future hall of famer doesnt mean he is not good.

I don't see a powerful runner when he is carrying the ball. I see it when he is just standing there looking big, but he doesn't run with the power he should. He is a horrible goaline RB and can not do the things that a moe williams does at the goaline. I watched the jets try and save curtis martin, by using lamont in golaine carries and boy did they quickly change that strategy.

With moss and porter there, it will be easier for him to do decent, since there won't be many 8 in the box's. However, their O-line is horrible and it doesn't matter how good a D is that your playing, if you don't have a good O-line, you can't run the ball, period. Gallery looked below average last year as a rookie and was their best O-lineman. He will probably be better this year, but they still have bottom of the league talent on their O-line.

1000 yards? Probably if he can play 16 games. That really doesn't mean much in today's game.

If I were to guess I would say around 1000 yards and 7 TD's, if he stays healthy, which I doubt he does.

He's an average RB, no more.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "thepacksux" wrote:
    he is a good powerful runner, just because he was a backup to a future hall of famer doesnt mean he is not good.

I don't see a powerful runner when he is carrying the ball. I see it when he is just standing there looking big, but he doesn't run with the power he should. He is a horrible goaline RB and can not do the things that a moe williams does at the goaline. I watched the jets try and save curtis martin, by using lamont in golaine carries and boy did they quickly change that strategy.

With moss and porter there, it will be easier for him to do decent, since there won't be many 8 in the box's. However, their O-line is horrible and it doesn't matter how good a D is that your playing, if you don't have a good O-line, you can't run the ball, period. Gallery looked below average last year as a rookie and was their best O-lineman. He will probably be better this year, but they still have bottom of the league talent on their O-line.

1000 yards? Probably if he can play 16 games. That really doesn't mean much in today's game.

If I were to guess I would say around 1000 yards and 7 TD's, if he stays healthy, which I doubt he does.

I absolutely and completely agree.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "thepacksux" wrote:

I absolutely and completely agree.
    i also concur. it seems your full of long point proving post MuchLove.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"thepacksux" wrote:

I'm not saying he's not good....but I think that the expectations are too high....people make it sound like this dude is gonna be a Priest Holmes or a L.T. or a Shaun Alexander.....I think he'll be O.K.....but I don't think he'll be that great....did anyone see him in college? Was he any good? Let me know if he was.....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

you know what i barely noticed the AFC West has the best RB's in their Division they have L.T., Priest, whoever is running in denver, but jordan is kind of an average feature back kind of like a Kevin Barlow.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "thepacksux" wrote:

Have you ever seen him run, ever?

You'd have to be out of your mind to say he is not a power runner. He is a tank, plain and simple, he can run over 90% of Linebackers if they dont put a clean hit on him. And you can forget about any DB, except for Darius, Sharper, and those bigger, elite guys in the secondary, the ones who can hit.

I HAAAAAAAAATE the Jets more than anyone you will ever meet, ever. But all my friends are jets fans, so I still see every single one of their games, literally every single one. I have seen what LaMont can do, and obviously all of you arguing against me haven't. None of you even live in the new york area, or anywhere near it. So unless you have the ticket, or the Jets come to town where you play, and I know the Jets haven't played the Vikings or the Packers since Jordan joined the team, and he hasn't been to California since 2003, where he rushed for 69 yards on only 7 carries. He also carried 7 times against san diego in the playoffs last year, and gained 50 yards.

He averaged 5ypc last season, on 93 carries, and his longest was 33 yards, so it's not like he had 10 carries and one of them was 80 yards.

Basically what I am trying to say is, I'm right you're wrong, watch him play before you judge his game.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: People think Lamont Jordan is the next Priest Holmes....

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "thepacksux" wrote:

Have you ever seen him run, ever?

You'd have to be out of your mind to say he is not a power runner. He is a tank, plain and simple, he can run over 90% of Linebackers if they dont put a clean hit on him. And you can forget about any DB, except for Darius, Sharper, and those bigger, elite guys in the secondary, the ones who can hit.

I HAAAAAAAAATE the Jets more than anyone you will ever meet, ever. But all my friends are jets fans, so I still see every single one of their games, literally every single one. I have seen what LaMont can do, and obviously all of you arguing against me haven't. None of you even live in the new york area, or anywhere near it. So unless you have the ticket, or the Jets come to town where you play, and I know the Jets haven't played the Vikings or the Packers since Jordan joined the team, and he hasn't been to California since 2003, where he rushed for 69 yards on only 7 carries. He also carried 7 times against san diego in the playoffs last year, and gained 50 yards.

He averaged 5ypc last season, on 93 carries, and his longest was 33 yards, so it's not like he had 10 carries and one of them was 80 yards.

Basically what I am trying to say is, I'm right you're wrong, watch him play before you judge his game.

I totally agree Anderson.. I've watched him play too cuz my friend is a Jets fan.. And I could honestly say I wouldn't mind him as our starter.. He isn't great but is better then average.. The dude is a beast and his stats show it.. He finally gets a full year to show what he can do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast