Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Pennington wins second Comeback Player award

Here is to all of those who thought he was rubber armed and washed up.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gFKuWW8Z6I_HRPVWCV-cwIXq-zIgD95DS2G00

Chad Pennington has made a comeback from a comeback.

The Miami Dolphins quarterback won The Associated Press 2008 NFL Comeback Player of the Year award Wednesday, the second time in three years Pennington has received the honor. He also earned it in 2006 while with the New York Jets.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pennington wins second Comeback Player award

How does a guy win this award twice? That means he was on the bottom twice and worked his way back up. That also means he fell from the top...
    We're bringing purple back.

TJack should have won the Comeback Player During the Year award!
    ;D
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"gregair13" wrote:
    How does a guy win this award twice? That means he was on the bottom twice and worked his way back up. That also means he fell from the top...
    He's not in the running for the Mr. Consistent award.
    Although, I heard he may be in the running for Mr. Congeniality.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I did not really care for him but I think it would of been wise to get him.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gFKuWW8Z6I_HRPVWCV-cwIXq-zIgD95DS2G00

The Miami Dolphins quarterback won The Associated Press 2008 NFL Comeback Player of the Year award Wednesday, the second time in three years Pennington has received the honor. He also earned it in 2006 while with the New York Jets.
    I thought you had to be considered washed up to qualify for a comeback award!
    ???
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

???
    Nah, you could get it for coming back from an injury like he did in 2006 or you can get it by leaving a shitty organization like the Jets for an up and coming organization like the Dolphins where they put you in a better position to be successful. As Vikings fans we sometimes have a hard grasping that concept as a possibility.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

???
    Nah, you could get it for coming back from an injury like he did in 2006 or you can get it by leaving a poohie organization like the Jets for an up and coming organization like the Dolphins where they put you in a better position to be successful. As Vikings fans we sometimes have a hard time grasping that concept as a possibility.
    Is it the up and coming part I can't quite comprehend as a Vikings fan?
    Or is it the fact that we aren't really
    a poohie organization , but in fact, a perpetually mediocre organization with no hope of being in a better position to be sucessful?
    Doomed to mediocraty no matter who is the owner. No matter who are the players. No matter who is the quarterback. No matter who is the cornerback or right tackle.
    The problem i seem to be having with this team is, I'm running out of scapegoats.
    I had Smoot. I had Johnson,Jackson,McMahon,Holcumb,Bollinger,Frerrott e,Hicks,Udeze,Griffen,Schiancoe,Sharper,Longwell,B irk,Bevell,crap, I can't even remember the special teams coaches name, oh yeah, Ferraro,Foley,Childress, and the waterboy.
    So you are right. As a Vikings fan I have a hard time grasping the concept of placing any of our players in a better position to be successful. But it is happening. And will get better over the next few years.
    Like you, I wish we had aquired Pennington. But I don't see the Dolphins as a better team than the Vikings.
    Not now. Not fror a long time. Regardless of the Tuna.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Oh well

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"gregair13" wrote:
    Ditto how do you win that TWICE. It should have went the WR on TB

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast