cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Pennington may be further along than originally thought

Maybe even more ahead of Pep!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2464296
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Pennington may be further along than originally thought

Get pennington out of my face i dont like him at all for some reason i just dont i hope he goes down the tubes lol
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Prophet Guest

Pennington made me eat some serious crow. I thought he was going to tear up the NFL....still waiting for that to happen. The odds are against my prediction, I'll have to put some money down in Vegas.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Jets | Pennington tempering progress reports
    Sun, 4 Jun 2006 07:24:15 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (shoulder), who participated in drills last week for the first time since reinjuring his rotator cuff last September, sounded more guarded than usual in his latest progress report. Four days of throwing apparently served as a reality check. Pennington claimed he's making daily improvement, but he didn't disagree when it was suggested that he seemed less optimistic than he was before the start of workouts. "I'm just trying not to look too far ahead," said Pennington, a guest instructor at Jets' head coach Eric Mangini's annual youth football camp. No one outside the organization will see him throw until June 15, the start of a three-day minicamp at Hofstra. For now, the club is sticking with the company line: He's participating in practice under the supervision of the medical staff. Asked if Pennington will be ready for the start of training camp in late July, Mangini said, "We're going to monitor it."

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Jets | Pennington excited for quarterback competition
    Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:56:12 -0700

John Adams, of the Knowville News Sentinel, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington is looking forward to getting back on the field and reclaiming the team's starting role. "It has been made public by coach (Eric) Mangini that it is an open competition," Pennington said. "They'll let us fight it out. I don't have any problem with that." He is optimistic that he will be able to come back from his second shoulder surgery. He was also happy with the Jets drafting OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson and C Nick Mangold. "It certainly showed they do have confidence that if I come back healthy, I can help us win," Pennington said. "I think I've been able to prove that. When I've been healthy, we've been able to win and go deep in the playoffs."

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Pennington looks better than expected. Pep looks better than expected. Palmer looks better than expected."
    That seems to be the line for sportwriters in this offseason. Oh ya, and that the Vikes will fail miserabley. LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.