Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chazz is offline Coordinator

Re: Patriots employee filmed Rams the night before Super Bowl XXXVI

Source: Pats employee filmed Rams

By John Tomase
    bostonherald.c om

Saturday, February 2, 2008

PHOENIX - One night before the Patriots [team stats] face the Giants in Super Bowl XLII, new allegations have emerged about a Patriots employee taping the Rams’ final walkthrough before Super Bowl XXXVI.......

I'm part of the asterisk crowd regarding the Patriots dominance.
    Cheating bastards.
    Too funny. I love it!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Again, not defending the Pats here but isn't this getting a bit out of hand.

What are all of you gonna say when/if there is a investigation and it comes out that every team (INCLUDING THE VIKES) were doing this, and as Jimmy Johnson said, "Much worse".

Truth be told, I am sick of all of it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

What are all of you gonna say when/if there is a investigation and it comes out that every team (INCLUDING THE VIKES) were doing this, and as Jimmy Johnson said, "Much worse".

What happened to the "Honesty is the best policy" line from a couple weeks ago, Marr?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

The only team I've ever heard being accused of it by several clubs have been the Patriots with the exception of the Giants picking up the Vikings plays & relaying them to the coaches in the 41-0 game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

What happened to the "Honesty is the best policy" line from a couple weeks ago, Marr?

=Z=
    This in no way defers from my way of thinking.
    I am always truthfull.
    What I am saying is that this (stealing signs) is done by all teams and by the way in most sports.

As with most things, the press is blowing it way out of proportion and I am sick of it.
    Again, has nothing to do with my feelings about doing things the right way everyway.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=
    This in no way defers from my way of thinking.
    I am always truthfull.
    What I am saying is that this (stealing signs) is done by all teams and by the way in most sports.

As with most things, the press is blowing it way out of proportion and I am sick of it.
    Again, has nothing to do with my feelings about doing things the right way everyway.
    Do you have anything to back up your allegations? Why would one team report another if they themselves are doing it?

The question is, was the filming of another team done within the rules or outside of them.

[size=13pt]Ex-Ram Warner wants NFL to expand probe of Patriots[/size]

By Mike Fish
    ESPN.com

Updated: February 3, 2008, 5:09 AM ET

Patriots React to New Spygate AllegationsLooking back, quarterback Kurt Warner says Super Bowl XXXVI in New Orleans is a blur.....

[size=13pt]Patriots, NFL deny report on taping[/size]

By John Tomase
    Sunday, February 3, 2008 - Added 10h ago

PHOENIX - The Patriots [team stats] last night denied filming the St. Louis Rams’ walkthrough before Super Bowl XXXVI.

“The suggestion that the New England Patriots [team stats] recorded the St. Louis Rams’ walkthrough on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002 is absolutely false,” the club said in a statement. “Any suggestion to the contrary is untrue.”.....

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

I am pretty sure this is more than just a Patroits thing. Had the Patroits had a avg season and were long out of the playoffs this would be long forgotten about. But its just the medias idea that they have to always find a negative out of everything. Remember The Vikes talking about the Giants stealing their signals in the NFL championship game?

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

The only team I've ever heard being accused of it by several clubs have been the Patriots with the exception of the Giants picking up the Vikings plays & relaying them to the coaches in the 41-0 game.
    Howie and Stink have been saying it all week.
    Golic aluded to it this morning on the Mike and Mike show and Jimmy Johnson (same time Howie said it originally) said that teams do much worse to steal the signs.

Seriously though, why does everyone think coaches cover thier mouths when they call in the plays and have a second guy sending in dummy signals to the defense?

For people to honestly think that this is something new is simply crazy.
    Teams have been doing if for years.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast