Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Patriots employee filmed Rams the night before Super Bowl XXXVI

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Can someone please explain to me what the advantage is in taping from a sideline Vs taping from the stands, a press box etc? Is it that you can also get audio combined with the video?

Are teams not allowed to change their signals once in a while so that when they face a team that has their old signals, they can pull the jedi mind trick on them and call a blitz when the signal was previously used for a different defense?

Teams change their signals all the time to do exactly that.
    I think the only advantage to taping form the sidelines is that it give you a better vantage point, better angles to view the coaches and what signals they are bringing in.
    Honestly it is a marginal advantage at best IMHO...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Can someone please explain to me what the advantage is in taping from a sideline Vs taping from the stands, a press box etc? Is it that you can also get audio combined with the video?

Are teams not allowed to change their signals once in a while so that when they face a team that has their old signals, they can pull the jedi mind trick on them and call a blitz when the signal was previously used for a different defense?

Teams change their signals all the time to do exactly that.
    I think the only advantage to taping form the sidelines is that it give you a better vantage point, better angles to view the coaches and what signals they are bringing in.
    Honestly it is a marginal advantage at best IMHO...
    That's what I have been thinking all along. With video and audio technology the way it is today you can get excellent data from a long ways away so to me it just doesn't seem to be enough to make a difference in anything unless you are playing a team that has no creativity.

Now the Giants stealing our plays during the NFC title game a few years back, that was a much bigger deal because it was in real time and did make a huge impact on the scoreboard.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

I am just wishing it would all go away, kind of like Godell.
    LOL!

I am tired of all this pooh (roids, cheating, troubled personalities and politicians).
    One would have to leave the continent to get away from all that & find a remote location somewhere.
    That is my line from another thread.....

I guess I need to be a little clearer, I was referring to all this things being involved in sports.
    This is just a temporary (I hope) pop culture thing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pat's filmed Rams the night before Super Bowl XXXVI - Walsh has more tapes

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    Hmmm! Now a former player is coming forward. These tapes must have had some value for him to be doing it illegally all these years. They must see something different from the back side of their opponents bench.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Specter irked by uncooperative Pats, league in Spygate probe[/size]

By Mike Fish
    ESPN.com

Updated: February 22, 2008

Frustrated at the obstacles confronting his investigation of "Spygate," Sen. Arlen Specter accused the New England Patriots of "stonewalling" on Friday and suggested the NFL might never get around to questioning key witness Matt Walsh, a former New England Patriots video assistant.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Specter irked by uncooperative Pats, league in Spygate probe[/size]

By Mike Fish
    ESPN.com

Updated: February 22, 2008

Frustrated at the obstacles confronting his investigation of "Spygate," Sen. Arlen Specter accused the New England Patriots of "stonewalling" on Friday and suggested the NFL might never get around to questioning key witness Matt Walsh, a former New England Patriots video assistant.

"If they had wanted Walsh to talk, it would have been done a long time ago. They are not helped by keeping him on ice, unless they intend to [permanently] keep him on ice."
    Does that mean Walsh will be sleeping with the fish soon ???

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]HERM CAUGHT PATS SPYING IN 2004[/size]
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2008, 2:57 p.m.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]HERM CAUGHT PATS SPYING IN 2004[/size]
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 2, 2008, 2:57 p.m.

But why didn’t Edwards make a proverbial federal case out of the situation?
    Perhaps it’s because Edwards realized that teams routinely try to steal each others defensive coaching signals, and that part of the challenge of coaching a team is to come up with ways to protect the secrets.
    My thoughts exactly.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112