Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Pats coordinator believes Brady will play in '09

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27340477/

McDaniels says he's confident in rehab approach that quarterback is taking

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Tom Brady’s offensive coordinator has spoken to the injured quarterback and is optimistic he will work diligently to be back on the field in 2009.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pats coordinator believes Brady will play in '09

Pollard is king
    We're bringing purple back.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Nope

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I can't see the infection setting his recovery time back too far at all.

Look at Carson Palmer. Sustained his knee injury which consisted of a torn ACL, MCL, a dislocated knee cap, and meniscus damage on December 21st, 2005. Had reconstructive surgery to repair it on January 10th, 2006. And played in the opener on September 10th, 2006.

Brady's surgery was to repair the ACL only. They waited, what? 5 weeks? To do his surgery to allow time for the MCL to heal naturally to give the joint stability.

So if Palmer came back in 10 months from a far more extensive surgery on a far more damaged knee, why couldn't Tom Brady return to football after 11 months?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr" wrote:

Look at Carson Palmer. Sustained his knee injury which consisted of a torn ACL, MCL, a dislocated knee cap, and meniscus damage on December 21st, 2005. Had reconstructive surgery to repair it on January 10th, 2006. And played in the opener on September 10th, 2006.

Brady's surgery was to repair the ACL only. They waited, what? 5 weeks? To do his surgery to allow time for the MCL to heal naturally to give the joint stability.

So if Palmer came back in 10 months from a far more extensive surgery on a far more damaged knee, why couldn't Tom Brady return to football after 11 months?
    Well, you are possibly right, but I am sure you realize that every injury is unique and the recovery can be different for everybody. I don't think Palmer was that effective when he came back and you can look at what happened to Culpepper ( Although my bet is Brady won't rehab in a strip mall)

I just wish they had that type of knowledge when I blew my knee out 23 years ago. I would be much better off right now.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Well, you are possibly right, but I am sure you realize that every injury is unique and the recovery can be different for everybody. I don't think Palmer was that effective when he came back and you can look at what happened to Culpepper ( Although my bet is Brady won't rehab in a strip mall)

I just wish they had that type of knowledge when I blew my knee out 23 years ago. I would be much better off right now.
    Of course every injury is unique, but when you compare the two, similar size(Palmer's a little bigger,) similar treatment being that they both have access to the best of the best medical technology, best doctors etc.

So theoretically, and optimistically, Tom Brady will be playing at the start of the 2009 season.

And as far as effectiveness goes, Palmer was pretty solid when he first returned in 2006. He wasn't putting up huge numbers, but he more than got the job done. And Brady's better to begin with.