Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 304
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Patriots suspected of cheating in game vs Jets

    "Odin" wrote:
    Assming, for argument's sake, that this is true and the video was being used to provide an unfair advantage...

    If I were Goodell, with a well-earned reputation for instilling discipline in the NFL, I would enforce an immediate forfeit of the game (14-0 final score) to the N.Y. Jets. Would also want to have provisions added to prevent 'forfeit-for cheating' losses to count in draft placement.

    A rule like that would pretty much stop any would-be cheaters in their tracks. Hit 'em where it hurts and from every angle.
    While Goodell does have the authority to forfeit games, it would not happen in this case.
    The simple reason is because there already is a rule specifically addressing this type of cheating, the the penalty for it is the forfeiture of one or more draft picks.
    I don't know what round though.
    If NE was forced to forfeit their #1 draft pick, that would be pretty serious.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    Crunchem's Avatar
    Crunchem is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    111

    Re: Patriots suspected of cheating in game vs Jets

    It makes you wonder though what others things are going on.
    Like they can't be the only ones trying to gain an advantage!
    They really need to come up with something to prevent all the teams from gaining an unfair advantage.
    Lets go fishing

  3. #23
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Patriots suspected of cheating in game vs Jets

    I wonder if Coach B(itch) will be fired for something like this???

  4. #24
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Patriots suspected of cheating in game vs Jets

    Now if they could only get rid of the refs that have been paid to constantly screw the Vikings over... :-
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Buffalo, MN
    Posts
    982

    Re: Patriots suspected of cheating in game vs Jets

    If these developments are true, it kinda makes the "stolen calls via headset" conspiracy theories/rumors in a certain 2000 NFC Championship Game against the Giants a bit more feasible.
    Personally, I never believed in them, (I just thought we were terrible in that game) but it kinda makes you think a bit.

    For shame, Bellechick, for shame...
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

  6. #26
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Patriots suspected of cheating in game vs Jets

    jug...agreed LOL...but thats what thier paid to do LOL

  7. #27
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Patriots suspected of cheating in game vs Jets

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Odin" wrote:
    Assming, for argument's sake, that this is true and the video was being used to provide an unfair advantage...

    If I were Goodell, with a well-earned reputation for instilling discipline in the NFL, I would enforce an immediate forfeit of the game (14-0 final score) to the N.Y. Jets. Would also want to have provisions added to prevent 'forfeit-for cheating' losses to count in draft placement.

    A rule like that would pretty much stop any would-be cheaters in their tracks. Hit 'em where it hurts and from every angle.
    While Goodell does have the authority to forfeit games, it would not happen in this case.
    The simple reason is because there already is a rule specifically addressing this type of cheating, the the penalty for it is the forfeiture of one or more draft picks.
    I don't know what round though.
    If NE was forced to forfeit their #1 draft pick, that would be pretty serious.
    Yeah, giving up the 32nd pick would hurt.

  8. #28
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Patriots suspected of cheating in game vs Jets

    Shefter said a suspension could be a possibility?

    He didn't say who could get suspended, just someone could as a possible consequence.


  9. #29
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Patriots suspected of cheating in game vs Jets

    Please. The Pats could have let the Jets cheat and they still would have won.


    I don't care about this

  10. #30
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Patriots suspected of cheating in game vs Jets

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Shefter said a suspension could be a possibility?

    He didn't say who could get suspended, just someone could as a possible consequence.

    meh, I don't put too much credence in anything Shefter says.
    But if he gets suspended... all the better!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ty Law shows interest in Patriots - Law to visit with Jets
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 08:16 AM
  2. Patriots-Jets Game Suspended Because Fans Were Throwing Snowballs
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 12:11 AM
  3. Alcohol sales banned from Jets-Patriots game
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-26-2005, 06:34 PM
  4. The Jets beat the Patriots!!!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 07:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •