Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Patriots: Now, the going gets tougher

Patriots Analysis
    Now, the going gets tougher

A few excerpts from the article:

...“I think you know a lot more than you know going into Opening Day, there’s no question about that,” Belichick said. “I think we have a good competitive football team, I think we can go out there and play well.
    ...“We can be competitive on a week-to-week basis. Now our job is to continue to strive for that level of execution, of coaching and playing and do it against good competition. We’ll see plenty of that against Minnesota.”...
    So now the Patriots will test that flexibility, that good feeling, etc. in Minnesota next Monday night. It won’t be easy, as it never is against any dome team in their lare. We may know more about these Patriots after that game.

“We have a real strong test in Minnesota,” Belichick said. “ . . . They’re tough at home, we know we’ll have a big challenge . . . It’s a team we don’t know very well, so we’ll need a lot of work this week to get in tune and get prepared for that.”

The ultimate message? Let Belichick deliver it...
    ...Now it’s time to venture into some more dangerous territory.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

Re: Patriots: Now, the going gets tougher

"Acumen" wrote:
    Patriots Analysis
    Now, the going gets tougher

A few excerpts from the article:

...“I think you know a lot more than you know going into Opening Day, there’s no question about that,” Belichick said. “I think we have a good competitive football team, I think we can go out there and play well.
    ...“We can be competitive on a week-to-week basis. Now our job is to continue to strive for that level of execution, of coaching and playing and do it against good competition. We’ll see plenty of that against Minnesota.”...
    So now the Patriots will test that flexibility, that good feeling, etc. in Minnesota next Monday night. It won’t be easy, as it never is against any dome team in their lare. We may know more about these Patriots after that game.

“We have a real strong test in Minnesota,” Belichick said. “ . . . They’re tough at home, we know we’ll have a big challenge . . . It’s a team we don’t know very well, so we’ll need a lot of work this week to get in tune and get prepared for that.”

The ultimate message? Let Belichick deliver it...
    ...Now it’s time to venture into some more dangerous territory.
    Huge test for both teams! One of those games you can get a passing grade even if you lose.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We need to "whup dat azz" this Monday night...I need to have bragging rights with all the Bahston fans that I work with!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I'm really looking forward to it. I know some patriot fans myself and I would like nothing better than to rub their faces in a big loss to the Vikings............. For the next 5 years.

A good test indeed.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Haha! I cant waaaait for this game one of my buddies is a Pats fan :P
    Everyone at the dome better be EXTRA loud!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

We have already beaten Washington, Carolina, and Seattle...none of which are push-over teams.
    Unfortunately, Washington is a 2-5 that is losing credibility, Carolina was without Steve Smith, and Seattle was without Shaun Alexander.

In short, while we've beaten good teams, there is always some reason why they weren't as good as they could have been.
    That leaves a big fat question mark next to our team.
    Are we really that good, or are we simply taking advantage of good teams at bad times?

Oddly enough, no one questions Chicago.
    4 of their 6 wins came at the hands of Buffalo, Green Bay, Detroit, and Arizona (Who shold have beaten them)...argueably some of the worst teams in the NFL.
    They beat Seattle, but Alexander was out then too.
    Yet, for the Bears, no one questions.
    The Sports Writers and so-called "experts" have already crowned Chicago the NFCN Champs, and have all but handed the NFC Conference Championship to them as well.
    Many have gone so far as to proclaim them Superbowl Champions.

They're not.

This week, we face the toughest team on our schedule.
    The Jets and the Rams are hot right now as well, but neither is at the level of New England.
    If we can take one away from New England, we can position ourselves nicely to not only challange the Bears in the NFC, but also to steal the lead in the NFCN.

Looking ahead - which is dangerous - Chicago has a three game road trip versus the Giants, Jets, and Patriots.
    They could easily lose all three of those games.
    Then, they return home to face.....US.
    This could be the opportunity we've been waiting for.

But, all of this hinges on the Vikes being for real.
    Seattle showed that we have an Offense, and it can be dangerous.
    New England will give us the opportunity to show it can be consistant.
    The Patriots are currently #10 in total Defense, but I prefer looking at the Aikman efficiency Ratings.

Through week 6 on offense, New England was ranked #6, while we were ranked #28.
    On Defense, the Pats were #14 while we were at #10.
    The updated Ratings should be out tomorrow, and it will be interesting to see where the two teams sit.

But, the fact is, New England is a very dangerous team.
    One we need to beat to stay in the hunt, as well as to solidify our credibility.
    Of the two, for me, the first reason is far and away more important.
    But, if we want the "love" from the media, THIS is where we get it.

Caine

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Haha! I cant waaaait for this game one of my buddies is a Pats fan :P
    Everyone at the dome better be EXTRA loud!
    I plan on doing some serious damage to my vocal cords Monday night!
    I am bringing my nephew to his first Vikings game too.
    I hope it is absolute mayhem in the dome every time the Pats try to take a snap!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Yes Caine, I've been eyeballing that schedule for a while too.
    If the Vikes take care of business the Bears are bound to be exposed.
    The Bears have a tough road test coming up only to meet up with the Vikings upon their return.
    The Patriots game is going to be a battle between two teams with tough defenses.
    Belichick will have their boys prepared and Childress is coming up against the 'genius' in our house.
    This will be a chess match type of game and the Vikings will need to control the clock.
    Maroney and Dillon need to be shut down early.
    Brady knows how to control the game and is an obvious HOFer.
    The dome better be so damn loud that the Patriots ears are ringing through the next week when they're preparing for the Colts.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Predicted score: Vikings 23 Patriots 18; the same score as the game I attended on November 2, 1997 in which Drew Bledsoe was the quarterback and after the game there were repeated chants of "Green Bay sucks".
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

lets show every one why we passed on maroney!
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast