Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Patriots: Not ready for prime time players

    [size=13pt]Not ready for prime time players[/size]

    BY MARK FARINELLA / SUN CHRONICLE STAFF
    thesunchronicle.com


    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 1:08 AM EDT



    FOXBORO - Is the dynasty dead, or just in the doghouse?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Patriots: Not ready for prime time players

    They have lost so much credibility that it will be difficult for them to overcome that.
    Fuck the lying cheating bastards.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #3
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Patriots: Not ready for prime time players

    The dynasty was dead in 2001 when they first pushed the Record button....

    [size=32pt]*[/size]
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Patriots: Not ready for prime time players

    This is silly.
    Why on earth would they have scheduled the Patriots, one of the top two teams in the NFL for drawing viewership, on opening weekend?

    Better business move to save the Pats prime time spots - and they will have plenty - for weeks with historically lower ratings.

    PFT.com put it nicely:
    Why burn one of the appearances in Week One, when we’ll all flock to watch a Packers team without Brett Favre play a Vikings teams with Brooks Bollinger, and then we’ll chase it with three hours of Broncos-Raiders?

    So there’s simply no reason to waste an appearance in prime time from teams like the Patriots or the Cowboys (the two biggest regular-season draws in 2007) during the first week of the season, when (as we all proved last year) we’d even watch the 49ers and the Cardinals, a game that generated only one real highlight
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: Patriots: Not ready for prime time players

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    This is silly.
    Why on earth would they have scheduled the Patriots, one of the top two teams in the NFL for drawing viewership, on opening weekend?

    Better business move to save the Pats prime time spots - and they will have plenty - for weeks with historically lower ratings.

    PFT.com put it nicely:
    Why burn one of the appearances in Week One, when we’ll all flock to watch a Packers team without Brett Favre play a Vikings teams with Brooks Bollinger, and then we’ll chase it with three hours of Broncos-Raiders?

    So there’s simply no reason to waste an appearance in prime time from teams like the Patriots or the Cowboys (the two biggest regular-season draws in 2007) during the first week of the season, when (as we all proved last year) we’d even watch the 49ers and the Cardinals, a game that generated only one real highlight
    I love how they mention our back-up QB? wtf?

    No mention of... oh... I don't know... 2007 ROY... Pro Bowl MVP... Single Game Record Holder... They are just fishing to make us look bad...

    Seriously though, our backup? Fuck You PFT.com.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #6
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Patriots: Not ready for prime time players

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    This is silly.
    Why on earth would they have scheduled the Patriots, one of the top two teams in the NFL for drawing viewership, on opening weekend?

    Better business move to save the Pats prime time spots - and they will have plenty - for weeks with historically lower ratings.

    PFT.com put it nicely:
    Why burn one of the appearances in Week One, when we’ll all flock to watch a Packers team without Brett Favre play a Vikings teams with Brooks Bollinger, and then we’ll chase it with three hours of Broncos-Raiders?

    So there’s simply no reason to waste an appearance in prime time from teams like the Patriots or the Cowboys (the two biggest regular-season draws in 2007) during the first week of the season, when (as we all proved last year) we’d even watch the 49ers and the Cardinals, a game that generated only one real highlight
    Yes, but did you watch the video they provided of that 'one real highlight'?

    [youtube=425,350]RsuvenvQ-6M[/youtube]

  7. #7
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Patriots: Not ready for prime time players

    "josdin00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    This is silly.
    Why on earth would they have scheduled the Patriots, one of the top two teams in the NFL for drawing viewership, on opening weekend?

    Better business move to save the Pats prime time spots - and they will have plenty - for weeks with historically lower ratings.

    PFT.com put it nicely:
    Why burn one of the appearances in Week One, when we’ll all flock to watch a Packers team without Brett Favre play a Vikings teams with Brooks Bollinger, and then we’ll chase it with three hours of Broncos-Raiders?

    So there’s simply no reason to waste an appearance in prime time from teams like the Patriots or the Cowboys (the two biggest regular-season draws in 2007) during the first week of the season, when (as we all proved last year) we’d even watch the 49ers and the Cardinals, a game that generated only one real highlight
    Yes, but did you watch the video they provided of that 'one real highlight'?

    [youtube=425,350]RsuvenvQ-6M[/youtube]
    , that is exciting.
    Almost as exciting as the unveiling of the new NFL logo.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Patriots: Not ready for prime time players

    [size=12pt]Belichick says nothing more to come out on Spygate[/size]
    Associated Press
    Updated: April 1, 2008, 9:27 AM EST
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #9
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Patriots: Not ready for prime time players

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    This is silly.
    Why on earth would they have scheduled the Patriots, one of the top two teams in the NFL for drawing viewership, on opening weekend?

    Better business move to save the Pats prime time spots - and they will have plenty - for weeks with historically lower ratings.

    PFT.com put it nicely:
    Why burn one of the appearances in Week One, when we’ll all flock to watch a Packers team without Brett Favre play a Vikings teams with Brooks Bollinger, and then we’ll chase it with three hours of Broncos-Raiders?

    So there’s simply no reason to waste an appearance in prime time from teams like the Patriots or the Cowboys (the two biggest regular-season draws in 2007) during the first week of the season, when (as we all proved last year) we’d even watch the 49ers and the Cardinals, a game that generated only one real highlight
    Um, isn't there a Sunday night primetime which also could have been slated? Also, just because there's a second Monday night game doesn't mean that fans will tune in to watch the Broncos Raiders simply because it was preceded by a Vikings Packers game.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Similar Threads

  1. Prime Time
    By Dekay in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 06:52 PM
  2. Prime time
    By urvaday in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 05:40 PM
  3. Young not ready for prime time
    By Navycoach in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 11:15 PM
  4. Prime Time to stay on with the Ravens
    By DemonicViking in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 09:45 PM
  5. Culpepper on Prime Time.
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 05:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •