Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Patriots loose another player - Saints ink Randall g*y

"singersp" wrote:
    Patriots have lost 3 starters now, Assanti Samuel, Donte Stallworth & now Randall g*y. They also risk loosing Randy Moss as well.

That's two starting DB's & possibly two starting WR's.

Anyone else getting all giddy about this?

I know Cajun is.
    randall gay wasn't a starter. he's an average-to-below average NFL corner

How do ya like them apples?!

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Patriots have lost 3 starters now, Assanti Samuel, Donte Stallworth & now Randall g*y. They also risk loosing Randy Moss as well.

I know Cajun is.
    randall g*y wasn't a starter. he's an average-to-below average NFL corner
    he switched in an out with ellis hobbs, i would not say below averge, he is a solid player

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:

I know Cajun is.
    I searched but couldn't find it.
    Who was arguing with me an COJO about the Pats and how much room they had in salary CAP and how they would be able to resign most of thier starters?

As I said in that thread.
    This is a sign of a team on the decline.
    The made one last push last year and brought in 7 FA Vets to get it done and failed.

Dont' get me wrong, they are still a good team and will win more than they loose, but now they will have to regroup and start over and return to replacing open roster positions with youth via the draft.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I know Cajun is.
    Thats one way to look at it. Another is to say he was a solid backup who gave the team depth at the position.

When you start loosing depth kindof players to other teams and can't replace them it is a bad thing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote]
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I know Cajun is.

A below to average corner is better than the piss poor corner they had.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I know Cajun is.
    Thats one way to look at it. Another is to say he was a solid backup who gave the team depth at the position.

When you start loosing depth kindof players to other teams and can't replace them it is a bad thing.
    They won 18 games in 07 and they still have tom brady, and a lot of draft picks, including a first rounder in the top ten. I think the Patriots will be right in the hunt come next december(unfortunetly).

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I know Cajun is.

They won 18 games in 07 and they still have tom brady, and a lot of draft picks, including a first rounder in the top ten. I think the Patriots will be right in the hunt come next december(unfortunetly).
    I agree, my point is they will fill the holes left by thier departing Vets with rookies.

Last year was the opposite with them signing 7 FA's (I think it was seven) in an effort to win another one.
    This year they will just be good.
    ;D

scorptile is offline Starter

Re: Patriots lose another player - Saints ink Randall g*y

sorry to say but the pats are gonna have it alot rougher this year then last. losing defense hurts most for them. and losing stallworth and possibly moss could drop them way down. besides the moves the phins are making and hte bills and jets are the sign of them making a push towards knocking the pats off their pedastal. same thing is happening in teh afc south which is scary cause the colts will be realy good again this year, the jags looks to be improving again and the titans doin the same and the texans will be improving more as well.
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Patriots lose another player - Saints ink Randall g*y

"scorptile" wrote:
    sorry to say but the pats are gonna have it alot rougher this year then last. losing defense hurts most for them. and losing stallworth and possibly moss could drop them way down. besides the moves the phins are making and hte bills and jets are the sign of them making a push towards knocking the pats off their pedastal. same thing is happening in teh afc south which is scary cause the colts will be realy good again this year, the jags looks to be improving again and the titans doin the same and the texans will be improving more as well.
    the patriots will have a huge dropoff, maybe actually lose a game next year. maybe.

seriously, the patriots haven't exactly taken a big step back. stallworth was a nice receiver but the key to that receiving corps is the welker-moss tandem. stallworth just filled a slot. chad jackson, jabar gafney or kelley washington will step in and be fine. defenisvely, the team has a little work to do. a linebacker and cornerback are needs that will be addressed in the draft where they will be able to draft either the best linebacker (ie gholston) or best cornerback (ie talib) available. overall, before the season even starts they will clinch the afc east.

How do ya like them apples?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12