Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Patriot's DE Hill dies in jetski accident

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6859036?MSNHPHMA
    A body believed to be New England Patriots player Marquise Hill was found by searchers Monday, a day after he was reported missing following a jetski accident on Lake Pontchartrain.

"God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Patriot's DE Hill dies in jetski accident

That's CRAZY

I read about him being missing, but no way I were forseeing this being the reason.

Assuming it is his body,

R.I.P. M.Hill

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

R.I.P. Mr. Hill

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Coast Guard: Patriots' DE Hill's body found

[size=16pt]Coast Guard: Patriots' DE Hill's body found [/size]

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6859036

[size=12pt]NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The body of New England Patriots player Marquise Hill was found Monday, a day after he was reported missing following a jet ski accident on Lake Pontchartrain.[/size]

Hill's body was discovered by searchers about a quarter of a mile from where the 24-year-old former LSU star and a female companion were involved in the accident, Capt. Brian Clark of the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Department said.

"We have suffered a stunning and tragic loss," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said in a written statement Monday evening. "Marquise will be remembered as a thoughtful and caring young man who established himself as one of the year-round daily fixtures of our team. I send my deepest condolences to the Hill family."

The Coast Guard was called Sunday night, Petty Officer Tom Atkeson said. The search began immediately, using boats and helicopters.

Loved ones including Hill's fiancee, Inell Benn, and friends, including Patriots teammate Randall Gay, waited anxiously along the shoreline as the search went on. They consoled one another when authorities told them Hill had been found dead.

"Right now's a terrible time," Benn said. "I don't know what to feel right now."

Gay, who also played with Hill at LSU, had planned to spend the holiday weekend in Baton Rouge, but drove to New Orleans on Monday to monitor the search.

"Knowing that I have to go back to work and go look at his locker this week, it's tough," Gay said.

Hill's body was taken to the Orleans Parish Coroner's office, but phone messages left there and on coroner Frank Minyard's cell phone were not immediately returned.

Hill's agent, Albert Elias, said he had been told Hill and a young woman were jet skiing Sunday in the lake when both of them went into the water, which had a strong current.

Authorities said the woman was able to make it to a pylon and hang on until she was rescued, while Hill was last seen floating away from the scene.

Hill played on LSU's national championship team and was a second-round draft pick by New England in 2004. Hill had yet to start for the Patriots, playing in 13 games in his NFL career.

"We are absolutely heartbroken," Patriots owner Robert Kraft said in a statement. "Marquise was a very respectful young man who worked hard to improve and was always eager to contribute to the team, both on the field and in the community."

The woman, whose identity was not available Monday, was rescued and sent to Tulane Medical Center where she told them Hill had tried to keep her calm as the two were drifting away from each other.

Neither Hill nor the woman wore a life preserver, Atkeson said.

"It's so important to have a life jacket and a signaling device," Atkeson said. "One keeps you afloat and the other helps us find you."

Elias said Hill, a defensive end, spent much of his time since Hurricane Katrina helping rebuild the homes of family members including his mother, Sherry, and the mother of his 2-year-old son.

"From what I hear he's done a lot to help with things after Katrina and I know he had a great passion for the city of New Orleans," said former LSU quarterback Matt Mauck, who was Hill's teammate at LSU. "Off field he was a really kind person, kind of like a gentle giant. And not only for LSU, but for New England and everyone who got chance to meet him throughout his life, everyone has to be extremely saddened and disappointed to hear the news."

After going to the NFL, Hill continued to do much of his offseason training at LSU's Baton Rouge campus, about 80 miles up the Mississippi River from New Orleans, and was known and admired by current Tigers players, university athletics spokesman Michael Bonnette said.

"His presence meant a lot for some of the younger guys. He gave them someone to look up to and he was always there for them," Bonnette said. "Here's a 6-foot-6, 300-pound guy, as intimidating as can be, and yet every time you approached him he always welcomed you with big old smile. In between the lines, he had his game-face on, but outside the lines, in the community or in the weight room, he was always smiling and having good time."

Re: Coast Guard: Patriots' DE Hill's body found

I already posted this earlier

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php...5980#msg585980

I posted a different article, but it basically says the same thing.
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Coast Guard: Patriots' DE Hill's body found

Vikes_4_life_42
    already beat you to it.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=346 07.0

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6859036?MSNHPHMA
    A body believed to be New England Patriots player Marquise Hill was found by searchers Monday, a day after he was reported missing following a jetski accident on Lake Pontchartrain.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah there has been a few deaths lately. Just alot of players in the news for one thing or another.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

you have got to wear a life vest when you go boating or jet ski-ing as gay as that might look. I always wear my vest but I don't button it up so I look a little cooler than most people wearing them. I know a lot of people who think that since they know how to swim they will be able to just thread water and not drown but that is not the case.

Either way my condolencse goes out to his family. RIP

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Sad to hear about it...one less Louisiana player in the NFL...not to mention a great guy who had GOOD character!

RIP Hill
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast