Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Patriots cut Brandon Meriweather

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107462
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107433
    Thanks for the read Singer...

I grant you that the Cover-2 as the Vikings play it is not necessarily a defense that allows for lots of safety freelancing just ask Darren Sharper about that
    Unless we change our scheme, it really doesn't matter what S we bring in. The scheme just doesn't warrant/lend to the big plays that almost all of you crave.

The author does say that maybe Pagac would "Design a defense to match his talents".....You know, change the scheme for one guy and make all the others learn it.....

....seriously, who really think thats gonna happen with the season getting ready to start.
    Tweaking the scheme to allow the S to freelance more, doesn't necessarily change the scheme for everyone else on defense.

C'mon Marty, you know better than that.
    So running a Cover 3 all the time won't affect when a RCB hands over a WR to a S at the same time the LCB is looking to hand his over at the same time?

Nope, I don't know better than that.

Having quarters coverage is alot different than letting a S run around doing whatever he wants to do.

Here's a quick question for you, if its so easy to incorportate a "Free Lancer" into a Cover 2 scheme, why didn't it work with Sharper?

You guys can't say it was the Chiller cause you have continually told me that both Leslie and Tomlin had free reign to run the defense the way they wanted.

Could it be that it just doesn't work on a consistent basis?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107485

Here's a quick question for you, if its so easy to incorportate a "Free Lancer" into a Cover 2 scheme, why didn't it work with Sharper?
    They didn't allow Sharper to free lance, ergo his production went down.

When you take an elite player & don't allow him to do the things that make him elite, you've just degraded him down to be an average player.

It's really that simple.

Also, when you take a player that plays great at one position, you can't simply make him play another position & expect him to be equally good at the other position.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107488

When you take an elite player & don't allow him to do the things that make him elite, you've just degraded him down to be an average player.

It's really that simple.

Also, when you take a player that plays great at one position, you can't simply make him play another position & expect him to be equally good at the other position.
    Didn't answer the question. You just rephrased what I asked.

Why didn't they let him free lance?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1107456
    [quote Marrdro]Unless we change our scheme, it really doesn't matter what S we bring in. The scheme just doesn't warrant/lend to the big plays that almost all of you crave.
    Well it is a moot point since Chicago picked him up and decided they could tweak their C2 to use him.[/quote]

That is a great coach tailoring to players. Musgrave understands it. Not sure why fans can't grasp that concept. It is not the big plays that people crave. It is coverage, being in good position, and tackling. Something our safeties lack.

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107462
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107433
    Thanks for the read Singer...

I grant you that the Cover-2 as the Vikings play it is not necessarily a defense that allows for lots of safety freelancing just ask Darren Sharper about that
    Unless we change our scheme, it really doesn't matter what S we bring in. The scheme just doesn't warrant/lend to the big plays that almost all of you crave.

The author does say that maybe Pagac would "Design a defense to match his talents".....You know, change the scheme for one guy and make all the others learn it.....

....seriously, who really think thats gonna happen with the season getting ready to start.
    Tweaking the scheme to allow the S to freelance more, doesn't necessarily change the scheme for everyone else on defense.

C'mon Marty, you know better than that.
    You guys can't say it was the Chiller cause you have continually told me that both Leslie and Tomlin had free reign to run the defense the way they wanted.
    They did?! That is news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1107513
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1107488

It's really that simple.

Didn't answer the question. You just rephrased what I asked.

Why didn't they let him free lance?
    Because Clueless is retarded. Period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12