Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Patriots-Chargers Preview

"tjohnson" wrote:
    w/ the vikes out, pats all the way baby. got to go to four of their games this year and they certainly look like they're poised to make a run. they have the best front 3 in the league in warren wilfork and seymour and a very experienced, versatile LB corps. belichick will play games w/ rivers' head, schottsie will continue his post-season inneptitude and the pats will ultimately be on their way to an afc championship game against the ravens.

(let the patriot bashing begin......)
    OK....

The front three are OVERRATED, the LBs are getting old and Samuel is the only good DB....that being said, they still have a better defense than offense...with the defense the MAIN reason that they won their three previous Super Bowls.

Tom Brady would NOT have been the winning QB in their three Super Bowl victories without the defense that they had in those years...give him the Colts defense and he wins NONE.

On the other hand, give Manning that defense and he might have won 4 or 5 SBs.

Want me to bash more?
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    w/ the vikes out, pats all the way baby. got to go to four of their games this year and they certainly look like they're poised to make a run. they have the best front 3 in the league in warren wilfork and seymour and a very experienced, versatile LB corps. belichick will play games w/ rivers' head, schottsie will continue his post-season inneptitude and the pats will ultimately be on their way to an afc championship game against the ravens.

(let the patriot bashing begin......)
    OK....

The front three are OVERRATED, the LBs are getting old and Samuel is the only good DB....that being said, they still have a better defense than offense...with the defense the MAIN reason that they won their three previous Super Bowls.

Tom Brady would NOT have been the winning QB in their three Super Bowl victories without the defense that they had in those years...give him the Colts defense and he wins NONE.

On the other hand, give Manning that defense and he might have won 4 or 5 SBs.

Want me to bash more?
    ;D
    i'd love more...

-the front 3 are overrated? ok name a team w/ a better front three.
    -i say the linebackers are very experienced, you say they're old. whatever. they're still good. they're the anchor of the defense that gave up the second fewwst points in the league this year. you say "old" like its a bad thing and its cost them games. again, show me where any age has had any bearing on their stats or their play
    -samuel arguably isn't even the best cb in the secondary. interceptions-do-not-a-great-cover-corner-make. i can't wait to see how much samuel is overpaid this offseason. the guy takes too many chances and certainly isn't amoung the top 20 CB's in the league based on talent. how many patriots games did you watch this year? i didn't mention the secondary in my orginal post but thanks for bringing it up like its a big weakness or something.......good point. i guess.
    -tom brady wouldn't have won the super bowl w/o the good defenses. thats bold. thats going out on a limb. show me ONE super bowl winner that didn't have a good defense or at least one that didn't keep them in games. ask the st. louis rams how the patriots defense contributed to brady leading the march down their throats in the final minutes in 2001
    -if mannings such a great QB why didn't he win last year w/ one of the league's best defenses?

i'd like you to bash more b/c none of your points have any semblance of validity

How do ya like them apples?!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

No matchup as fascinating as Pats-Bolts
    Michael Rosenberg / Special to FOXSports.com
    11 Jan. 2007

San Diego wants loud fans in home stadium
    Associated Press
    12 Jan. 2007

Is Marty as bad as his record?
    Kevin Hench / Special to FOXSports.com
    11 Jan. 2007
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

did i call that??

patriots, cajun? KEEP BASHING!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Was a great game, too bad the Pats won though.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i felt really bad for SD... they should have had this game. LT made me feel even more dissapointed after the game

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Wow N.E. got away with a lot of calls.

Yep... The NFL must of wanted more of a Indy and N.E. matchup.

I am so tired of hearing about both those teams.

I won't watch this game.
    I am protesting....LOL

"PurpleGator" wrote:

I won't watch this game.
    I am protesting....LOL
    god i love how the refs are blamed in every loss. point out ONE missed call today that had any relevance in the outcome of the game.

Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:

I won't watch this game.
    I am protesting....LOL

god i love how the refs are blamed in every loss. point out ONE missed call today that had any relevance in the outcome of the game.
    Well I can say what I think should have been called.
    In the last 4-5 minutes of the game, Phillip Rivers passed a ball to one of the recievers (can't remember who) and Asante Samuel had his arm wrapped around the receivers arm about 4 seconds before the ball got there and he hit it away, tell me how this isnt pass interferance after 10 yards.
    If this was called, it would have been first down for the Chargers, and given less time if anything to Tom Brady to come back.

Although I think it should have been Pass Interferance call, I am no expert, just my observation.

pass interference is like holding, it can be called on every play.

lol anyone hear LT's comments about the patriots after the game? i lost a little respect for him, b!tiching about the pats having no class. it's alright when merriman does his little dance after every play but its a mortal sin when one of the patriots players do it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast