Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Patriot Food for Thought

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    It isn't an oversight.
    The higher pick is San Fran's pick, not the Patriots.
    On draft day 2007, the Patriots traded the 28th selection in the draft to the 49ers who selected OT Joe Staley. In return, the Patriots g0t the 49ers fourth round pick this year and San Francisco’s first round pick in 2008.
    The trade and spygate had nothing to do with each other.

Besides, you could not know for certain that the pick they got from San Fran would have been better.
    It was definetly no mistake, in fact if the patriots had done poorly and not made the playoffs then they would of had to give up there 2nd and 3rd instead of the first.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Senator Wants 'Spygate' Explained[/size]

By GREG BISHOP and PETE THAMEL,The New York Times
    Posted: 2008-02-01 08:09:29

The ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee wants N.F.L. Commissioner Roger Goodell to explain why the league destroyed evidence related to spying by the New England Patriots.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Did you guys hear Howie Long trying to explain his comments on a radio interview (last night on ESPN or NFL Live) that all teams have done this in the past?

He aluded to another discussion/comment that Jimmy Johnson made that might mean they (other teams) have done even worse.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...801300363/1063
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Did you guys hear Howie Long trying to explain his comments on a radio interview (last night on ESPN or NFL Live) that all teams have done this in the past?

He aluded to another discussion/comment that Jimmy Johnson made that might mean they (other teams) have done even worse.

They also say that all Presidential candidates spied on their opponents, but only Nixon got caught. To say "everybody does it, so it's OK" is asinine.

And I have no doubt that other teams, e.g. the Cowboys, have done much worse and never paid for it.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

They also say that all Presidential candidates spied on their opponents, but only Nixon got caught. To say "everybody does it, so it's OK" is asinine.

And I have no doubt that other teams, e.g. the Cowboys, have done much worse and never paid for it.
    I am in no way sticking up for them my friend.
    Just giving info.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"VikingMike" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Senator Wants 'Spygate' Explained[/size]

By GREG BISHOP and PETE THAMEL,The New York Times
    Posted: 2008-02-01 08:09:29

The ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee wants N.F.L. Commissioner Roger Goodell to explain why the league destroyed evidence related to spying by the New England Patriots.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Just giving info.

Understood...I wasn't attributing the comments to you personally.

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Just giving info.

Understood...I wasn't attributing the comments to you personally.
    Right is right...even if noone does it.
    Wrong is wrong...even if everyone does it.
    Gray areas are only potting soil for rationalizing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12