Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Pat Williams Is Still Out of Work

But 38 years old and likely facing a two game suspension are the reasons why no team has put in an offer to sign Phat Pat. Very little has surfaced of teams even having him in for a visit so far. At this stage its likely waiting for a DT to get injured or eventually facing the fate of filing retirement papers. Would hate to see it end this way, but all good things must come to an end sooner or later.
    Pat Williams Is Still Out of Work
    Still say we might add one more cat on the DL. Could Phat Pat fill that role?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Pat Williams Is Still Out of Work

Would love to see Pat retire in Min, I've been saying that for years now. Really I can't see it happening at this point though. We brought in Remi to play the nose, Ballard's a young gun we can rotate in on passing downs. Guion and Evans provide better than decent depth.

I think our DT rotation is in a good place right now.

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1106029
    Would love to see Pat retire in Min, I've been saying that for years now. Really I can't see it happening at this point though. We brought in Remi to play the nose, Ballard's a young gun we can rotate in on passing downs. Guion and Evans provide better than decent depth.

I'll agree with you now, but around draft time I sure was upset.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I like Pat. In fact he is one of my favorite players during the Tice/Chiller era. That being said I think it is time to move on and start playing the younger guys that are needed to keep the DL strong.

Secondly we are seeing much more emphasis on the pass in the league and specifically in the division and having more athletic players with younger legs who can not only stop the run but to also pressure QB's and put hits on them is key to winning in the league right now.

I wish him luck, thank him for his service and quietly prepare to move on without him.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106031

Hopefully for your sake Kevin doesn't miss a couple of games. Plus we still have a pretty shoddy offensive line to keep you full of piss and vinegar.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we haven't seen the last of upset Marrdro.

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1106041
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106031

Hopefully for your sake Kevin doesn't miss a couple of games. Plus we still have a pretty shoddy offensive line to keep you full of piss and vinegar.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we haven't seen the last of upset Marrdro.
    LOL, you crack me up.

Color me purple, however, I'm pretty stoked about this team. Readers digest version....

Offense
    Dnabb loves the quick dumboff to backs coming out of the backfield. Desean Jackson really looked good with Dnabb throwing him the ball so I suspect that we haven't even seen the best out of PH. Mix in the TE play and our biggest worry (OL) will be pretty much helped out by the difference in the QB play this year.

Defense
    I really like what the rotation is looking like on the DL. Gonna be a real good indicator what the real truth is against Dallas. Erin, as I suspected has done nothing to really make me want to say "Get Ben Back" and EJ has been playing even better than before he got hurt and I absolutely love the idea of having Cook and Griff on the outside with Whinny on the inside.

The first group will be hard to get off the field and the second group will be hard on offenses when they try to stay on the field.

Gonna be a great year. We might not even see Upset Marrdro come out at all.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1106032
    I like Pat. In fact he is one of my favorite players during the Tice/Chiller era. That being said I think it is time to move on and start playing the younger guys that are needed to keep the DL strong.

Secondly we are seeing much more emphasis on the pass in the league and specifically in the division and having more athletic players with younger legs who can not only stop the run but to also pressure QB's and put hits on them is key to winning in the league right now.

I wish him luck, thank him for his service and quietly prepare to move on without him.
    Well put. I agree on Pat. I have enjoyed his time here, but as little as he was used last year, I can't see a big drop off with whoever we put in as his replacement.
    His viking ship has sailed. Good luck Pat
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Big fan of Phat Pat. He was awesome for us here in Minnesota. However, I agree with you guys. Remi is going to fill in great at NT, and Ballard looks like a total beast. I just hope it doesn't effect Kevin Williams negatively if he isn't here. I know they were such great friends.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

delviking is offline Starter

i loved Pats work here on our DL but at 38 hed give us maybe 5-10 good snaps with 5-10 ok snaps

though i would be ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1106112
    Big fan of Phat Pat. He was awesome for us here in Minnesota. However, I agree with you guys. Remi is going to fill in great at NT, and Ballard looks like a total beast. I just hope it doesn't effect Kevin Williams negatively if he isn't here. I know they were such great friends.
    I wonder how much Guion will show as K-dubbs replacement.

Kindof hard to gauge things during preseason, however, the DL has looked OK at times but I still worry about teams ability to rush against us.

Currently we are giving up 4.1 a rush, ranked 19th. That won't get it done IMHO if that trend continues.

Rushing Stats Defense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast