Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

pat tillman secret

NFL | Tillman Truth Hidden - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 4 May 2005 06:02:17 -0700

Josh White, of the Washington Post, reports Army officials declined to tell the truth about former NFL player Pat Tillman's death until weeks after Tillman had been memorialized in a nationally televised service. The first Army investigator who looked into the death of Tillman found within days that he was killed by his fellow Rangers in an act of "gross negligence." Documents obtained by the Washington Post also showed that officers made erroneous initial reports that Tillman was killed by enemy fire, destroyed critical evidence and initially concealed the truth from Tillman's brother, also an Army Ranger. Seven soldiers were given administrative reprimands for their actions.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: pat tillman secret

I saw that on the news. Made me sad. I thought he was a great player. RIP Tillman

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

i still respect what he did. its sad that he had to die just to get credit. you finally realize somethings worth when what you have is gone and something new sets in.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

it dosnt matter how he died...it dosnt have to be some movie sceen ending...the man gave up millions to serve this country that he loved and that his father before him served...hes a great man for that god bless him and god bless all the troops and the usa!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I just read on cnn.com that his fellow soliders burned his cloths and his body armor to concel the fact that he was shot by friendly fire. That is just horrible as far as I am concerned. I served 8 years in the U.S Army and I could never even think about doing that to a fellow solider.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I do not care if he died from friendly fire or enemy fire war is terrible (word is used to loosely by many pro athletes) and accidents unfortunately do happen.

I for one will always remember he as dying in the Fight for Freedom. God Bless all our troops across seas as I also have 2 fraternity brothers on active duty in Iraq as we speak.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

What a great American he was. As are all of those who sacrifice so much for our country. The Army was going to let him out early so he could play football again, he said no! God bless Tillman and all of those who serve!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

They should make him an honorary NFL Hall of Fame member and name a special NFL event after him.

Side note:

Maybe T.O. should look at what Tillman did and realize he has life by the a$$ so shut up and play.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

B-SNDRS20 is offline Waterboy

Dont bring such a selfish player like T.O into the same sentance as tillman!!!

Pat Tillman was one of my favorite players when he played. When I heard that he was going to fight in the army I was stunned. After awhile I found out more about him I just that he was one of the greatest people anyone could meet. At his memorial service I watched it on espn I will admit I teared up a bit. I say they should have movie about him. He is what you would want to have your kids grow up to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast