MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Pat Kirwan - Mock #3

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10069968

This seems logical, and a better scenario than mortgaging many picks to move up.
    Kirwan thinks these things through quite thoroughly and, given how Chilly got burned by Freddie Mitchell as a Rd 1 WR pick, not a bad path to take.
    Wuddya y'all think?

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Pat Kirwan - Mock #3

10. **Minnesota (after trade with Atlanta): Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas -- The Vikings still get Anderson to help bolster the pass rush. And with the third-round selection they pick up from Atlanta, the Vikings can put it together with their second-round pick to move up to the bottom of the first round to draft a wide receiver.
    Trading the number 7 for the number 10 and a high third rounder would suit me just fine.
    Especially if we do what Kirwin suggests next and package our second and atl's third to move up in to the late first and grab a WR.

That would be a very good draft for us IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

I like the idea of us packaging things up so we get a:

trade down for multi picks and take
    early-mid 1st rounder

package some later picks for
    late 1st rounder

that way we can work on slighty better then avg material.

and still have later round picks to finish things off.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

get the 10 and trade that too.. get as many picks as possible.. say move from ten to the 14 range.. then we could package some 3rds to get another second... i just personally dont want a DE, and chilly likes finding the gem, so i thing getting us more picks would give us a better chance at finding one.

Thanks josdin00

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I'd be happy with a move like this.
    As much as I'd love to see CJ in purple, this team has too many holes to fill.
    Getting 2 first rounders would be great.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I still want a TOP WR...so IF we aren't gonna move up to get CJ, we still need to trade down to a pick that will still allow us to get the second best WR...and also to make another deal to move our second rounder and another pick so that we can move up and take a second WR in the draft.
    IF we aren't gonna fill the WR holes via FA, then we need to have our TWO top picks be WRs so that we at least get ONE starter out of the two picks.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

This was posted in another thread yesterday:

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php...topic=32617.80

There wasn't a whole lot of discussion on it, but I thought it was a feesible (yet highly unlikely) mock draft.
    I totally agree with Nodak though.
    If we could pull this off, I would be doing cartwheels during the draft for two years in a row.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I still want a TOP WR...so IF we aren't gonna move up to get CJ, we still need to trade down to a pick that will still allow us to get the second best WR...and also to make another deal to move our second rounder and another pick so that we can move up and take a second WR in the draft.
    IF we aren't gonna fill the WR holes via FA, then we need to have our TWO top picks be WRs so that we at least get ONE starter out of the two picks.
    ive been thinking the same thing for a while.. we need to take wr with the first 2 picks, because we have not filled that need via F/A

Thanks josdin00

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I agree... we have got to take a top WR early in the draft... I just don't see how we can't.
    Oh wait nevermind... we have Billy McMullen, Bobby Wade, Troy Williamson, and Jason Carter on our roster... we are set at WR even though we only have 4!!!
    But I would definitely be game for trading back and getting more picks, but using the later 1st round pick to take a WR and not a DE.
    Then fill the holes with all of our later/extra picks.