Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pardon The Interuption....

"Vikesfan4evr" wrote:
    PTI on ESPN drives me freaking indsane! I can't decide which of those two morons I wanna choke the life out of first? How either of those two Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd asses got into television is beyond me. :shock:
    Choke Kornholer first! That dang combover is SO pathetic that even he has got to know it! Dude looks like the drawing of Homer Simpson with his two hairs combed over his bald head!!!

At least Wilbon shaves his head!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i like when they argue, only reason they have that show is cause of their personalities they don't know anything about sports they just read what the writers give them
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

haha I like em ...sometimes. Wanna talk about an idoit, tune into Jim Rome. He rips everyone, then envites them to his crappy show and kisses thier butts like thier ali or something.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    haha I like em ...sometimes. Wanna talk about an idoit, tune into Jim Rome. He rips everyone, then envites them to his crappy show and kisses thier butts like thier ali or something.

At one time I liked Jim Rome. But now he just complains about everything players do.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

I can only take Rome in small doses. He has a really bad habit of saying the same thing 10 times, just in a different way each time. Alot of his "material" comes from his callers anyway. And he regularly commits the worst offense possible in radio.....dead air time.

coreyd is offline Coach

I am glad I ran across this topic. Today I was watching ESPN and it hit me. They do more commenting than anything else. They keep adding channels like ESPN this and ESPN that just so new morons can give their two cents. My opinion is, if you never played the sport that you are commenting on, then shut the F*$K up. Why cant we just stick to sports? I mean, I like to hear what other people have to say (Hence, why I am on here) but give me a break.

tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

Rome's show is more to get people agitated than it is to enlighten anybody as to what is going on in sports. PTI at least gives both sides of a story. I'll watch PTI as I'm flippin through the channels to see if there is anything worth listening to.

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

IMO, Jim Rome is great on the radio, but not as great on TV. On his radio show he is more relaxed whereas on TV he looks too uptight.

The Jungle is kind of like this forum. It takes a little while to figure out who the callers are and to figure out the inside jokes.

Rome says most things just to rile up his audience. He acts like the things he talks about are uninteresting to him or stupid. For example, he always makes fun of something like Star Wars and say that it's for geeks, etc... but he talks about it up because he likes it and he knows most of his audience likes it.

Many Professional Athletes listen to his show every day.

It's his dry humor and sarcasm that I dig. He also has great interviews.

I'm pretty sure Ultra listens to him. :lol:
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"coreyd" wrote:
    I am glad I ran across this topic. Today I was watching ESPN and it hit me. They do more commenting than anything else. They keep adding channels like ESPN this and ESPN that just so new morons can give their two cents.
    basically that is what 90% of sports journalism is about. There are only so many ways you can report the daily news about a team or individual. So the only thing left then is for the journalists to do and that's to play "what if ?", thats why some of the articles you see are such junk- because they go beyond the bounds of common sense sometimes.
    They are no different to fans with their discussions and postings - only thing is that they get paid to write thier views.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Thats another moron that in real life I think I'd be arrested for bitch slapping him to death lol. The arguing on PTI is what gets me. They both try and one up each other all the while having no clue about sports in any way shape or form. They are both tools that without PTI would be attending the national convention for retards...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast