Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Parcells owns T-Ho.

T.O won't change He might be a good boy for the first halph of the season, but he won't be able to help himself. He's nuts and things will keep repeating themselves until nobody wants him.

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

I think that Parcels will be able to put TO in his place on the football field, but the key for controlling TO lies elsewhere. Jerry Jones needs to make sure that TO is getting the publicity that he wants. TO will behave on the field IF he gets his money and interviews. I think that Parcels understands that and will be upfront and serious with TO, and things will run fairly smoothly.

This is the same way that Parcels handled Lawerence Taylor.

jonnyb is offline Rookie

"bigdaddy72_1" wrote:
    I think that Parcels will be able to put TO in his place on the football field, but the key for controlling TO lies elsewhere. Jerry Jones needs to make sure that TO is getting the publicity that he wants. TO will behave on the field IF he gets his money and interviews. I think that Parcels understands that and will be upfront and serious with TO, and things will run fairly smoothly.

This is the same way that Parcels handled Lawerence Taylor.
    totally agree. parcels may be an asshole, but he makes it very clear that he is an asshole. i think that players respect that. i think that the boys and parcels was the best place for T.O. remember, keyshawn had headcase issues to but always respected and played for parcels.

I wouldn't mind facing a Cowboy's team with TO on the bench!! That would be funny!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It isn't handling TO, it is handling the media.

Man, Parcells is a stickler for the rule.

He is sticking to his guns and not answering any question let alon fielding any questions about TO.

Apparently he told the media that he wouldn't comment on TO at all until training camp.

On sportcenter they had Clayton talking about the TO drama, "oh he will be at the TO antics by week 3."

What crap! There is no drama, why try to make it. Parcells is not lettting them run with anything and that is how it should be.

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

The only reason that ESPN has held on to the TO storyline is because it provides something to talk about during these slow months after the draft but before training camp.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Cowboys | Owens believes he’s learned from his mistakes
    Fri, 2 Jun 2006 20:00:49 -0700

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens promises to be a better teammate with the Cowboys and believes he has learned from his situation last year with the Philadelphia Eagles. Owens said, "You kind of grow and learn from your mistakes, and I think I have done that. I had a long time to sit back and think about things that transpired over the last year or so." He added that he would take a new approach, but did not divulge what his new approach will be.

----------------

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear.... :roll:

Prophet Guest

I would say that this is a pretty safe prediction.

==================

KFFL
    Cowboys | R. Williams predicts a blow-out between Parcells and Owens
    Sun, 4 Jun 2006 08:47:53 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports Dallas Cowboys FS Roy Williams predicts there will be a blow-out between WR Terrell Owens and head coach Bill Parcells during the 2006 season. He also believes that Parcells will win, but does not see the potential fireworks to be a negative distraction for the team. Williams said, "You have a legendary coach and a Hall of Fame player. To see them interact is a great thing...like with [Carolina Panthers WR] Keyshawn Johnson and Bill, and [Cowboys QB] Drew Bledsoe and Bill....Somebody is going to butt heads. At the end of the day, Parcells is going to have the final say."

Prophet Guest

Even if you're against gambling, this bet is one that you would like.

==============

KFFL
    Cowboys | Owens has a Parcells' theory
    Mon, 5 Jun 2006 05:11:20 -0700

Mac Engel, of the Star-Telegram, reports the Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens offered up a theory about why head coach Bill Parcells isn't fielding any questions about Owens until training camp. "I'm pretty sure he's probably sick of hearing T.O.," the wide receiver said. Parcells and owner/general manager Jerry Jones have a little bet on who can say the least about the receiver.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

This quote:
    "You have a legendary coach and a Hall of Fame player.
    makes me laugh. TO is a "Hall Of Fame" player????Since when? Active players cannot be in the "Hall Of Fame" for one thing and this guy is really stretching it if he thinks TO will EVER make it!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast