Prophet Guest

Paranoia in Dennyland.

KFFL
    Cardinals | D. Green cutting back on training camp time to prevent injuries
    Mon, 31 Jul 2006 07:50:22 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green has cut back on training camp time because he doesn't want anyone to get injured. The team will spend only 14 days for training camp, with only five days having two-a-days. Green has been "alarmed" by the number of season-ending injuries suffered around the league already.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

Re: Paranoia in Dennyland.

Maybe not such a good idea.....I guess we'll see how his players' conditioning compares to that of the rest of the League as the season progresses.

boognish is offline Coordinator

When you have a team as experienced and prolific as the Cardinals, why would you practice at all? Just looking at all those Lombardi trophies in AZ will be motivation enough. They're the heavy favorites to win the SuperBowl this year, right?
    I am a dipshit!!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    Maybe not such a good idea.....I guess we'll see how his players' conditioning compares to that of the rest of the League as the season progresses.
    and in some cases - but not all I'll admit - it does indicate the fitness and conditioning of some players coming into TC to begin with. Players are starting to come round to the idea that they can't treat TC as a means to shed the extra poundage that they may have gained in the off-season. They are realising that being a pro-player means being prepared for more that just the season.

In the Cardinals case then cutting back on camp time will hinder Leinart's learning that much more especially with him holding out so far.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I disagree with Denny and I think it will cost them in the long run, I think his players will be more susceptible to injuries when they start playing real games because of not getting as much live action in training camp.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I disagree with Denny and I think it will cost them in the long run, I think his players will be more susceptible to injuries when they start playing real games because of not getting as much live action in training camp.

I agree.. They as a team need this time to prepare for the start of the season.. If they are not as conditioned as other teams, they could be in alot of trouble..