Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Panthers sign Moose, Cut Carr

"happy" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    And the David Carr crotch sniffers come out of the wood word, again, just like in the movie "Ground Hog Day".

;D
    Waiting for them to acknowledge Chilly was spot on same as they quickly castigate him.
    Ah, my friend, lets not forget that some scout probably actually had some tape on the guy that the staff analyzed together that lead to the decision that his mechanics were flawed for the scheme.

;D

But your right.
    They (the crotchsniffers) need to all jump up and acknowledge that he was a waste of a pick, as the Panthers quickly realized.
    I wanted the Vikings to get Carr last offseason and I still think they should have. Do not think that because he didn't work out in Carolina that this vindicates Childress at all. Sure, maybe the Vikings front office recognized Carr was not good. But we ended up waiting so long to get a QB that we had to trade for one late.

Instead of signing Carr to a free agent contract, we traded for Kelly Holcomb who is now out of uniform as well.

So if we signed Carr, we would probably be at the same point as we are now, except with an extra draft pick.
    So let me understand what your saying.

It wouldn't have mattered which one they brought in cause both of them suck.
    Hmmmmm.
    Seems to me almost everyteam out there looking for backup QB's are struggling through the same thing.

Hell I would have given up a 6th round pick for KH services before I would have wasted a 1rst round pick for a guy like Brady Quinn (ala the Browns) and then wind up trying to sign a guy you got basically for nothing to a contract to start for you for 3 years.

Does anyone really believe that BQ is better than DA?
    If so why are the Browns working so hard to sign the guy to a contract and not just starting BQ.

Truth of the matter is, the QB situation in this league sucks.
    Very few excellent starters, a good group of good to average starters and some shitty ones that teams can't find anything to replace them with.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I think we should give him a chance.

He can't be expecting big money anymore, so I don't see how it could hurt, especially now that we cut Holcomb.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    And the David Carr crotch sniffers come out of the wood word, again, just like in the movie "Ground Hog Day".
    ;D
    Waiting for them to acknowledge Chilly was spot on same as they quickly castigate him.
    Ah, my friend, lets not forget that some scout probably actually had some tape on the guy that the staff analyzed together that lead to the decision that his mechanics were flawed for the scheme.
    ;D

But your right.
    They (the crotchsniffers) need to all jump up and acknowledge that he was a waste of a pick, as the Panthers quickly realized.
    Would these be the same guy who analyzed O'Sullivan, McMahon,Bollinger, Holcolm and Henson
    ???

;D

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

to be fair, O'Suckalot sure made our defense look silly when we knocked out Kitna.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    ;D

But your right.
    Would these be the same guy who analyzed O'Sullivan, McMahon,Bollinger, Holcolm and Henson
    ???

;D
    To be fair, what else was there to analyze?
    Truth be told, Garcia is the only QB in the last 3 years that I would have liked to have seen behind center for the Vikes.

Honestly, tell me another one that warranted starter money.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

How about Kitna? or Brees?
    or even Trent Green as long as you don't send him out as a blocker.

*edit -- just realized i'm a star spokseman now!
    Yay me

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    How about Kitna? or Brees?
    or even Trent Green as long as you don't send him out as a blocker.

*edit -- just realized i'm a star spokseman now!
    Yay me
    Are Kitna and Bree's FA this year?

If Trent had anything left in the tank the Tuna would have kept him around.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

We will not sign Carr, bank on it.

Btw. now would be the time to thread dredge those who advocated for us to sign him last year.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    We will not sign Carr, bank on it.

Btw. now would be the time to thread dredge those who advocated for us to sign him last year.
    as someone else mentioned already.
    That would have been better than trading for Holcomb.
    If we sign Carr to a 1 yr deal, we lose nothing.
    We traded a 6th rounder for Holcomb, who we cut.
    so had we gone after Carr instead, the outcome would be the same, but we'd have an extra 6th rounder.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    ;D

But your right.
    ???

;D
    To be fair, what else was there to analyze?
    Truth be told, Garcia is the only QB in the last 3 years that I would have liked to have seen behind center for the Vikes.

Honestly, tell me another one that warranted starter money.
    I think IBP was referring to the fact that he would have rather seen the Vikings sign Kitna or Bree's in the last 3 years than the one's I mentioned. I personally wanted them to go after Brees right away but I guess I was never too high on Kitna.

My statement was basically if the scouts saw something that told them carr wouldn't work here, then they should have had the foresight to see all of the other ones wouldn't either.

You have to admit their efforts to put together a Quarterback squad have been pretty bad. The shining star is Jackson and the jury is still out on him. Otherwise it is a total washout.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast