Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Panthers sign Moose, Cut Carr

PFT Rumourmill

As expected, the Carolina Panthers
    have signed receiver Muhsin Muhammad, bringing him back to Charlotte after a three-season detour to Chicago.
    Meanwhile, the Panthers have dumped quarterback David Carr.
    He was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft, and he was cut by the Texans in early 2007.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Panthers sign Moose, Cut Carr

And the David Carr crotch sniffers come out of the wood word, again, just like in the movie "Ground Hog Day".
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    And the David Carr crotch sniffers come out of the wood word, again, just like in the movie "Ground Hog Day".
    ;D
    Waiting for them to acknowledge Chilly was spot on same as they quickly castigate him.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Now i'm not a Carr crotch sniffer.
    but do you think it would be worth picking him up if he came cheap as strictly a backup??
    I know he can't manage to be a starter, as he's had multiple chances. but seeing as how the FA market for qb's is thin, he could be a viable option as a backup, since we dropped Holcomb.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ;D
    for sure and while we're at it can someone supply his Madden rating as well please?
    Just so that we have all the information that we need to make a reasoned and considered judgement.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    but do you think it would be worth picking him up if he came cheap as strictly a backup??
    I know he can't manage to be a starter, as he's had multiple chances. but seeing as how the FA market for qb's is thin, he could be a viable option as a backup, since we dropped Holcomb.
    I think at this point I would rather have Cleo Lemon, but I would not be terribly opposed to Carr.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

realistically, who else is there who would be classified as a "veteran qb"
    drafting a rookie doesn't really help, just another project.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"mblack76" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Waiting for them to acknowledge Chilly was spot on same as they quickly castigate him.
    Ah, my friend, lets not forget that some scout probably actually had some tape on the guy that the staff analyzed together that lead to the decision that his mechanics were flawed for the scheme.
    ;D

But your right.
    They (the crotchsniffers) need to all jump up and acknowledge that he was a waste of a pick, as the Panthers quickly realized.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I think at this point I would rather have Cleo Lemon, but I would not be terribly opposed to Carr.
    As I recall it loooked to be shown that many of the sacks that Houston gave up were due to Carr rather than the OL - as the improvement in sacks given up reduced after Schaub moved to Houston. Do we really want a backup who could spend more time on his back looking at the Metrodome roof than standing?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    As I recall it loooked to be shown that many of the sacks that Houston gave up were due to Carr rather than the OL - as the improvement in sacks given up reduced after Schaub moved to Houston. Do we really want a backup who could spend more time on his back looking at the Metrodome roof than standing?
    He would probably complain every week about seeing swastikas after he just had his lights knocked out.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast