Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58
  1. #21
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Pacman suspended for '07, C. Henry 8 games.

    "Zeus" wrote:

    [img width=274 height=297]http://www.ethicalatheist.com/img/jesus_football.jpg[/img]
    Is that Freaky Baby tackling Jesus?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #22
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Pacman suspended for '07, C. Henry 8 games.

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

    [img width=274 height=297]http://www.ethicalatheist.com/img/jesus_football.jpg[/img]
    Is that Freaky Baby tackling Jesus?
    He's the Devil's Defensive End.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #23
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Pacman suspended for '07, C. Henry 8 games.

    I am glad to see the NFL take a stand and say enough is enough, maybe the other guys that are on the borderline will step back and realize that the cash cow might just dry up if they continue on their present coarse of action.


    What about Tank Johnson is he being suspended?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  4. #24
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Pacman suspended for '07, C. Henry 8 games.

    I think that Goddal wanted to make an example of pacman, otherwise I think the penalty is way tooo harsh. I think 8 game without pay would have been good.

    I also think that if he can't play for the whole season, he should be able to do whatever he wants during the season. I heard today on a local radio here in houston that he must show up to all the meetings and do everything with the team.

  5. #25
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Pacman suspended for '07, C. Henry 8 games.

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Bengals | Henry suspended for first eight games of 2007
    Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:54:06 -0700

    Updating a previous item, the Cincinnati Bengals announced Tuesday, April 10, that WR Chris Henry will be suspended without pay for the first eight games of the 2007 season for violating league policies.


    Titans | A. Jones suspended for entire 2007 season
    Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:12:20 -0700


    WOW without PAY!!!! Ouch! Hit em in the wallet and they will listen. Good job Commish and PA?
    ESPNews reports Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones has been suspended by the National Football League without pay for the entire 2007 season for conduct detrimental to the league.
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  6. #26
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Pacman suspended for '07, C. Henry 8 games.

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    I am glad to see the NFL take a stand and say enough is enough, maybe the other guys that are on the borderline will step back and realize that the cash cow might just dry up if they continue on their present coarse of action.


    What about Tank Johnson is he being suspended?

    I believe that Tank Johnson will be suspended before to much longer.. I like this stance, it definately makes guys think twice about messing up again..

  7. #27
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Pacman suspended for '07, C. Henry 8 games.

    well placed punishment and hitting the bank account is a good idea. well it just shows that the league is tired of hearing about The NFL's Off-field shananigans. Looks like from here on in "Its shape up Or ship out "
    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Pacman suspended for '07, C. Henry 8 games.

    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    I think that Goddal wanted to make an example of pacman, otherwise I think the penalty is way tooo harsh. I think 8 game without pay would have been good.

    I also think that if he can't play for the whole season, he should be able to do whatever he wants during the season. I heard today on a local radio here in houston that he must show up to all the meetings and do everything with the team.
    Someone who leaves a bar and orders his bodyguard back in to shoot up the place is being penalized too harshly with a 1-year suspension?
    ??? :
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Pacman suspended for '07, C. Henry 8 games.

    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    well placed punishment and hitting the bank account is a good idea. well it just shows that the league is tired of hearing about The NFL's Off-field shananigans. Looks like from here on in "Its shape up Or ship out "
    MMLV
    I am cracking up reading the many thoughts from this thread....most of which are....Good...they deserve it!!
    And I agree...
    but then I can't help but think to myself....I sure am glad that this new "get tough policy" didnt apply to players giving or getting oral $ex on boats or stairways within the past couple years!


    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  10. #30
    C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    335

    Re: Pacman suspended for '07, C. Henry 8 games.

    Those players didn't try to kill someone, just tried to get some...albeit in public place, which is a felony(right cajun?)
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chris Henry has been suspended indefinitely by the NFL.
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 08:54 AM
  2. Chris Henry vs. Pacman Jones
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 01:02 AM
  3. Pacman Jones Suspended Another Year
    By ItalianStallion in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 11:04 AM
  4. Unveiling the 'Pacman Henry' awards
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 06:42 AM
  5. Pacman could be suspended for entire 2007 season
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 08:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •