Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Pacman could be suspended for entire 2007 season

If any one of us were to violate our company's ethic code,
    we would be canned right away. Pac-two year old is a blight on the NFL. His total disrespect for the law is way out of control. Lying and not disclosing past crimes should at least get him banned, with-out pay for a year. The new Commisioner is gonna lower the boom!

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    He won't get a whole year as they will pull strings to get him on the field,
    I agree with del, there has been much worse with less punishment. I think pacman deserves to be suspended though.
    The Titans are contemplating releasing Jones, and signed Nick Harper to replace him.
    I doubt they would "pull strings" to get him on the field.

Again - this incident is without precedence.
    This isn't about any of the incidents in question - it is about LYING to the NFL about arrests he didn't report.
    That's a whole different ball of wax than getting busted and telling them.

=Z=
    That could be, but still pacman is still a talented player, I'm sure some team will sign him if the titans release him....and I wouldn't be suprised if he is playing downs consistently by some time next season....and if he doesn't....well thats a good thing. But they always seem to work something out, look at the bears Johnson.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"davike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    He won't get a whole year as they will pull strings to get him on the field,
    I agree with del, there has been much worse with less punishment. I think pacman deserves to be suspended though.
    The Titans are contemplating releasing Jones, and signed Nick Harper to replace him.
    I doubt they would "pull strings" to get him on the field.

Again - this incident is without precedence.
    This isn't about any of the incidents in question - it is about LYING to the NFL about arrests he didn't report.
    That's a whole different ball of wax than getting busted and telling them.

=Z=
    That could be, but still pacman is still a talented player, I'm sure some team will sign him if the titans release him....and I wouldn't be suprised if he is playing downs consistently by some time next season....and if he doesn't....well thats a good thing. But they always seem to work something out, look at the bears Johnson.
    Oh - I have no doubt that if the Titans release Jones, someone would pick him up within a couple hours.
    That's still not the issue.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    If any one of us were to violate our company's ethic code,
    we would be canned right away. Pac-two year old is a blight on the NFL. His total disrespect for the law is way out of control. Lying and not disclosing past crimes should at least get him banned, with-out pay for a year. The new Commisioner is gonna lower the boom!
    Yeah well a majority of us stomped on a co-workers head with cleats, was caught with illegal substance in our system, or was convicted of conspiracy to distribute cocaine we would all be fired.......

Not in the NFL.

It doesnt matter if this is unprecidented or not, the penalty will be relative to other penalties that are similar. Unprecidented doesn't mean NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY close has happened like this, it means this exact thing has never occured.

The penalty will be similar to other penalties the NFL levies and it will not be a year suspension.

Luckily for us all we will get to see what happens.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

"Del" wrote:
    It doesnt matter if this is unprecidented or not, the penalty will be relative to other penalties that are similar. Unprecidented doesn't mean NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY close has happened like this, it means this exact thing has never occured.

The penalty will be similar to other penalties the NFL levies and it will not be a year suspension.
    Name me another player who got into trouble with the law and then was busted by the NFL for not reporting those crimes to the team and league.

I'll wait here.

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    It doesnt matter if this is unprecidented or not, the penalty will be relative to other penalties that are similar.
    Name me another player who got into trouble with the law and then was busted by the NFL for not reporting those crimes to the team and league.

I'll wait here.

=Z=
    Why would I have to? If you could read you would see I said it would be relative to a similar code of conduct violation.

Does similar, read as exactly the same?

If the word similar didn't give it away the next clue would be that I said "Unprecidented doesn't mean NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY close has happened like this, it means this exact thing has never occured"

"Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    It doesnt matter if this is unprecidented or not, the penalty will be relative to other penalties that are similar.

I'll wait here.

=Z=
    Why would I have to? If you could read you would see I said it would be relative to a similar code of conduct violation.

If the word similar didn't give it away the next clue would be that I said "Unprecidented doesn't mean NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY close has happened like this, it means this exact thing has never occured"
    Do I need to go out and find the NFL Player Code of Conduct?

It says in the original article that this piece of the code has never been violated before - that sure sounds like unprecedented to me.

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

I'll wait here.

=Z=

Do I need to go out and find the NFL Player Code of Conduct?

It says in the original article that this piece of the code has never been violated before - that sure sounds like unprecedented to me.

=Z=
    Ok let me try this again.

They will levy a punishment similar to other punishments that were given for similar code of conduct breaking.

Similar mean similar as in not exactly the same, but similar enough to compare. Unprecedented means this has never happened before, it does not mean something similar has never happened before.

Which is what I said, which means I never said this has happened. I merely stated I believe the punishment will be similar to that of other punishments that were given for similar breakings of the code of conduct, such as the 4 game suspension of a Bengals player for an arrest.

I do not believe they will blow away all these other penalties by raising the bar. Because then you can fight it by saying all I did was not tell you (even though it was plastered on the media,) but so and so trafficed cocaine and was let off with this, or so and so was shot by a cop and was drunk and disorderly and all he got was this.............

I believe it will be similar to something that HAS happened.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I normally side for the players in a lot of cases. But this Pac-Man thing needs to be delt with in a serious manner.

I think the utlimate NFL nightmare still is Ray Carruth with the runner-up being Lawerence Philps.

I hope he can pull it together and I would like to see him send some money to the shooting victim from the Vegas strip club.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PACMAN SUSPENSION COMING?

Don Banks of SI.com reports that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to suspend Titans cornerback Pacman Jones in the near future, and that the suspension could apply to the entire 2007 season.

Although Banks tries (in our opinion) to stir up a little trouble by writing in the first paragraph of his story that the suspension will come "even before the legal process from a Las Vegas strip club brawl in February is complete," deeper in the piece Banks reveals the real impetus for the move -- Jones' failure to disclose to the team a pair of arrests from early 2006, during which Jones was charged with felony obstruction of a police officer and marijuana possession.

"I don't think [the NFL] will have to wait for the legal process to take its course in this particular situation,' a source told Banks. "Not in the case where the player has failed to report arrests and transgressions, like he's mandated to do under the terms of the personal conduct clause in his contract."

But the trigger here isn't any personal conduct clause in Jones' contract.
    It's the league's Personal Conduct Policy.
    This specific document, as we've previously explained, mandates disclosure of player arrests.
    But Jones never told the Titans about these incidents.

And because such behavior is unprecedented since the policy was enacted, Goodell's hands aren't tied by precedent.
    Also, smacking Jones hard for his failure to come clean will deter other players from doing the same thing.

So good for Goodell.
    Though we're not sure that sitting out for a season will be enough to finally prompt Jones to "get it," it's the right decision for a guy who, to date, clearly doesn't.
    Pacman is an amazing player with a bad attitude its too bad hes such a thug.
    Whatever happened to the Barry Sanders mentality no one ever is just a good player (except LT)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast