NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Packers' V.P. of player finance and general counsel quits

BRANDT LEAVES PACKERS
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 28, 2008, 4:48 p.m.

The casual football fan likely has never heard of Andrew Brandt.
    But Brandt has been a key component of the success of the Green Bay Packers over the past several years.

Brandt, the V.P. of player finance and general counsel in Green Bay, is leaving immediately.
    He spent six years in that role, and nine overall with the team.

He won’t discuss his reasons for leaving until after the announcement is formally made.
    But the fact that he’s leaving without another job raises questions about whether it’s an amicable parting.

Brandt was one of four finalists for the position of team president, which is the closest thing to an owner in Green Bay.
    It’s odd to think that it was an up-or-out proposition for Brandt, but it very well might have been.

Though not a “football guy” in the industry sense of the term, which means that he doesn’t scout players, one look at his online bio reveals that he was a key component in managing a successful NFL team during the salary-cap era.

Brandt likely will be in high demand, and the Packers’ rivals in the NFC North would be wise to be the first ones to chase him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is online now Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Packers' V.P. of player finance and general counsel quits

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    BRANDT LEAVES PACKERS
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 28, 2008, 4:48 p.m.

The casual football fan likely has never heard of Andrew Brandt.
    But Brandt has been a key component of the success of the Green Bay Packers over the past several years.

Brandt, the V.P. of player finance and general counsel in Green Bay, is leaving immediately.
    He spent six years in that role, and nine overall with the team.

He won’t discuss his reasons for leaving until after the announcement is formally made.
    But the fact that he’s leaving without another job raises questions about whether it’s an amicable parting.

Brandt was one of four finalists for the position of team president, which is the closest thing to an owner in Green Bay.
    It’s odd to think that it was an up-or-out proposition for Brandt, but it very well might have been.

Though not a “football guy” in the industry sense of the term, which means that he doesn’t scout players, one look at his online bio reveals that he was a key component in managing a successful NFL team during the salary-cap era.

Brandt likely will be in high demand, and the Packers’ rivals in the NFC North would be wise to be the first ones to chase him.
    Hmmm, can anyone think of a team in need of a good general manager, with indepth knowledge of the packer organization? I would say the Lions, but they already have Matt Millen. ???

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Yeah, you can't get rid of Millan.... he has shown optimism that there could be many other ways to run a team to the ground he has not yet discovered...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/01/28/brandt-says-hes-looking-for-a-new-challenge/

BRANDT SAYS HE’S LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 28, 2008, 7:41 p.m.

Former Packers cap guy and general counsel Andrew Brandt saws that he’s leaving the Packers simply because he’s hungry for a “new challenge.”
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

You guys are all crazy.
    This guy isn't important, and neither is a GM.
    The HC does everything.
    Didn't you know that.

;D
    (A touch of sarcasim.)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

No, no, no, you're all wrong marr... these guys are the ones who call the plays, execute the plays, choose the players, draft the players, decide the team needs, get the players water during games, deliver their children, and make them dinner and breakfast.

We all know that the coach is just a figurehead on the sidelines that does nothing with the team.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Well I personally don't blame the guy, here is why. Not because he was passed over for the job and is whining about it now.

The fact of the matter is that he has nowhere to grow into, Thompson just reputed a 5 year deal and Murphy will be here for years upon years, unless the fortunes of the franchise turn south quickly; and no not the performance on the field as much as the fiscal sense of the franchise.

He wants to be more than a glorified lawyer writing contracts that are advantageous for the franchise, in Green Bay, that opportunity won't exist for years to come. Personally from what I have heard of a kid by the name of Jason Weid, we won't see much of an impact of this departure. For the Packers sake, lets hope those reports leaking out are correct.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    No, no, no, you're all wrong marr... these guys are the ones who call the plays, execute the plays, choose the players, draft the players, decide the team needs, get the players water during games, deliver their children, and make them dinner and breakfast.

We all know that the coach is just a figurehead on the sidelines that does nothing with the team.
    Your still messed up my friend.
    You do have one in there the Chiller is responsible for. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is online now Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

Your still messed up my friend.
    You do have one in there the Chiller is responsible for. ;D
    I think I've seen the Chillmister getting water before.