Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Packers training camp mishap...

And Ahmad Carrol is supposed to be the packs number two corner...
    How sad... :twisted: :lol:

Sherman unhappy with physical play
    Carroll singled out after no-contact drill
    By TODD ROSIAK
    [email protected]
    Posted: June 7, 2005

Green Bay - The education of Ahmad Carroll continues.
    The second-year cornerback was singled out by a livid Mike Sherman during team drills Tuesday at the Green Bay Packers' minicamp when he jostled wide receiver Donald Driver a little too vigorously for the coach's liking while attempting to break up a pass.

"Defense, I do not want you driving through receivers catching the ball," Sherman bellowed as he stormed toward Carroll. "You do it again and you're off the field. Do you understand that?"

The collision was the second one that Driver had been involved in thus far in practice and although the seventh-year wide receiver was unhurt, it took him a couple beats before he was able to get up and rejoin practice. Afterward, most defensive backs went out of their way to get their hands up and their bodies clear of receivers after the whistle was blown.

"There's no hard feelings. It's part of the game," Driver said. "I don't think Ahmad was trying to hurt me or anything. But in all cases, we still have to protect each other and I think that's what coach Sherman was trying to stress."

Carroll was unavailable for comment in the locker room following practice, but cornerbacks coach Lionel Washington said he thought Sherman's message got through loud and clear.

"That's all part of it. That's all part of Ahmad growing up," Washington said. "He was more physical than you would like him with no pads on, but he's going to do well. He's going to handle the situation well. Coach Sherman's a tough coach and Ahmad's got to adjust to tough coaching."

Washington did say the line between doing your job and being too aggressive during non-contact drills was a fine one for a cornerback.

"It's tough. You want the cornerbacks to be aggressive, you want them to be body-on-body with the receivers and sometimes that's going to happen," he said. "With a rookie player, I don't think coach Sherman would have said anything but it was Donald Driver, one of our key players. We definitely want to keep that guy healthy."

Hmm... Carrol sounds like a smart guy :lol: j/k

And was it just me or did Sherman
    sound Angery??? :shock: :lol:

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Packers training camp mishap...

hahahahahahahahaha Man I hate the packers
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Funny, but you want your players to be aggressive or why even have practice.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Funny, but you want your players to be aggressive or why even have practice.
    I don't think they are in full gear yet...

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Sorry I didn't see the small note at the top that it was to be a no contact drill.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Packers are puzziez...I saw Burleson get dropped on his head with no pads on KFAN's developemental camp video (see bottom of post for link)....he just got on up...we celebrate defensive intensity, not shun it.....Packers suck

VIKES R TUFF; PACK IS PUZZY

http://www.kfan.com/vikings/devcamp2005/60805/video/BrownGoesDown.asx

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"akvikefan89" wrote:

By TODD ROSIAK
    [email protected]

The second-year cornerback was singled out by a livid Mike Sherman during team drills Tuesday at the Green Bay Packers' minicamp when he jostled wide receiver Donald Driver a little too vigorously for the coach's liking while attempting to break up a pass.

"Defense, I do not want you driving through receivers catching the ball," Sherman bellowed as he stormed toward Carroll. "You do it again and you're off the field. Do you understand that?"

The collision was the second one that Driver had been involved in thus far in practice and although the seventh-year wide receiver was unhurt, it took him a couple beats before he was able to get up and rejoin practice. Afterward, most defensive backs went out of their way to get their hands up and their bodies clear of receivers after the whistle was blown.

"There's no hard feelings. It's part of the game," Driver said. "I don't think Ahmad was trying to hurt me or anything. But in all cases, we still have to protect each other and I think that's what coach Sherman was trying to stress."

Carroll was unavailable for comment in the locker room following practice, but cornerbacks coach Lionel Washington said he thought Sherman's message got through loud and clear.

"That's all part of it. That's all part of Ahmad growing up," Washington said. "He was more physical than you would like him with no pads on, but he's going to do well. He's going to handle the situation well. Coach Sherman's a tough coach and Ahmad's got to adjust to tough coaching."

Washington did say the line between doing your job and being too aggressive during non-contact drills was a fine one for a cornerback.

"It's tough. You want the cornerbacks to be aggressive, you want them to be body-on-body with the receivers and sometimes that's going to happen," he said. "With a rookie player, I don't think coach Sherman would have said anything but it was Donald Driver, one of our key players. We definitely want to keep that guy healthy."

Carroll: But Coach........I'm Batman. :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:

By TODD ROSIAK
    [email protected]

That's Ahman Green's nickname...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:

By TODD ROSIAK
    [email protected]

That's Ahman Green's nickname...
    No, it is Ahmad Carroll's.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?ID=35776
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

skogs02 is offline Starter

lol its both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast