Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers: Three games in prime time

Believe me, if Brett is gone after next year and they go 4-12 again this year they won't have ANY prime time games in 2007.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    Frankly, I don't think that the Packers even deserve that many prime time games. If you go 4-12, you shouldn't be scheduled for national TV at all.

I agree with you 100%. Get them off the national TV scene, kind of like the did to the Bengals of the 90's!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    Why does ESPN say the Vikes have 4 prime time games? I only see 3...
    Where do you see ESPN says we have 4 prime time games? I can only see 3.

There is also the potential for more. Keep in mind the Vikings are also slated for some more possible prime time games via the flex-schedule.
    ALL teams are slated for more possible prime-time games via the new flex schedule. So - if Arizona happens to be 12-1 in Week 14 (stop laughing), the NFL could elevate the Arizona-Tampa game to the prime Sunday spot on NBC.

=Z=

Actually the game has to have some merit to getting national exposure. Such as if AZ needs to beat TB to clinch a playoff spot. (I know stop laughing)

Also side note the AZ Cards have sold out (first time in az cards history) all of their home games. Which means AZ Cards will have all home games on local TV another first time event.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Redmption" wrote:
    John Clayton - "it was easy to see why the Colts ended up with three prime-time contests compared to four by the Steelers, Giants, Broncos and Vikings."
    Huh? I guess it's not as easy for me to understand as it is for John Clayton.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah, I heard that they were gonna play The Sisters of the Poor, The School for the Blind and The Mississippi Stump Jumpers (Prophet's new Arena League team) in those three games...to TRY and guarantee wins for Favre! :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

From the NFL Network:
    Assuming that quarterback Brett Favre plays one more season with the Green Bay Packers (safe bet), and assuming that the Packers don't host a playoff game (even safer bet), one of the crown jewels in the NFL Network's maiden schedule comes on December 21, when the Vikings travel to Lambeau for Favre's final home game.
    You can bet we're gonna get screwed again in this game as every ref will be rooting for Favre. If there was ever a game where a "fix" would be in, this is it!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

THat right there pi$$es me off cuz you can almost gaurentee thats gonna happen.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

There is a good chance Favre will retire because he sold his house in Green bay during the beginning of the season last year.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    There is a good chance Favre will retire because he sold his house in Green bay during the beginning of the season last year.
    Nooooooooooo...... not the trailer home with the rusty red pickup parked outside ??? I thought he was saving that as a holiday home for the summer ...
    :lol:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    Nooooooooooo...... not the trailer home with the rusty red pickup parked outside ??? I thought he was saving that as a holiday home for the summer ...
    lol
    lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12