Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he's ready for spotlight and ready to lead in post

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Spotlight?
    Try crosshairs.

Jared Allen is gonna "spotlight" Rodgers in the first game of the year and introduce him to life in the NFL.
    I bet he doesn't even get close to Rodgers.

Lets not forget that he got 3 tackles and a half a sack against them last year.
    My guess is they will do the same thing to negate his rush as they did last year.

What needs to happen when they do that is our MLB, two DT's and the LDE need to make them pay (unlike KC's D).

I look for a big game out of EJ, Ray and Kevin with respect to getting pressure on young Rodgers. :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271104012
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he's ready for spotlight and ready to lead in post

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Spotlight?
    Try crosshairs.

Jared Allen is gonna "spotlight" Rodgers in the first game of the year and introduce him to life in the NFL.

My guess is they will do the same thing to negate his rush as they did last year.

What needs to happen when they do that is our MLB, two DT's and the LDE need to make them pay (unlike KC's D).

I look for a big game out of EJ, Ray and Kevin with respect to getting pressure on young Rodgers. :

What our D Line needs to do is simple, and it was the philosopy of the Great Purple People Eaters for years...

SIMPLE :
    PLAY
    HARD and " WE ALL MEET AT THE BALL "

By half time of game # 1
    at Lamblow,
    Rodgers himself and all QB's in the NFL will fear facing our D-Line and Defense as a whole.

This I believe will be a fact and reality.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Spotlight?
    Try crosshairs.

What our D Line needs to do is simple, and it was the philosopy of the Great Purple People Eaters for years...

SIMPLE :

PLAY
    HARD and " WE ALL MEET AT THE BALL "

By half time of game # 1
    at Lamblow,
    Rodgers himself and all QB's in the NFL will fear facing our D-Line and Defense as a whole.

This I believe will be a fact and reality.....
    I agree Ned especially with an emphasis on the Defense as a whole.
    The addition of a talent like JA really makes all the other pieces work in this scheme so much better.
    Then you throw in improvements at the S position (M-will) and better smarter CB play from our youngesters based on the reps they got last year and the Defense as a whole will be something to watch.

Still gonna be some people who hate the cover 2 upset with passes being caught infront of our CBs at times but that is the nature of the beast.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Spotlight?
    Try crosshairs.

Then again, maybe he ends up with four sacks.
    Never can tell from one game to the next...and Jared may have something to prove because of last time.
    PLUS he has a much better supporting cast to collapse the pocket and to keep the QB from running over to the other side of the field.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Spotlight?
    Try crosshairs.

Then again, maybe he ends up with four sacks.
    Never can tell from one game to the next...and Jared may have something to prove because of last time.
    PLUS he has a much better supporting cast to collapse the pocket and to keep the QB from running over to the other side of the field.
    I hope so, just don't want everyone jumping overboard and the naysayers coming out of the woodwork if he doesn't.
    ;D

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

HEY MARR,

Your quote:
    Still gonna be some people who hate the cover 2 upset with passes being caught infront of our CBs at times but that is the nature of the beast.

That wouldn't be in reference to some Short USB Loving Midget from WI.?
    Would it ?

;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I expect Aron Rodgers to play soild football this season and I expect the first game of the year to be a War. In no way should anybody underate Rodgers, granted we havn't seen him get popped and fight through a brusing season, he shows me alot about his deaminor just in his interviews. To add to that, whenever he did play it looked very sharp. So much of his sucess will be directly related to how the offensive line, WR's and RB's produce. Last year Favre had plenty of help, even with a young offesive line they did very good pass protecting for Favre, alot better then ours. On top of that they can ran the ball well including a big game against us. I think the packers are a perfect example of replacing veterans with young guns on the Offensive Line in a smooth transition. I'm hoping that when we eventually replace LT and C we get the same results. The packes also drafted my favorite WR from the draft, Jordey Nelson. IMO they are on the right track and should give us fits for that Title. Because Favre is gone so many people are counting them out but I watched Favre throw killer INT's in the post season which didn't help the situation at all. IMO its time for the Packers to move on, they have a young team a good coach and I expect them to maintain there winning ways.

Bernard Berrian is a classic example of saying "Favre was the packers". I sure hope we don't go in that game underating there potential.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he's ready for spotlight and ready to lead in

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Spotlight?
    Try crosshairs.

That will be the game plan from the very start... spread them out and throw those quick short set passes and let the wides make plays on the secondary.. once the backers start dropping into coverage.. run on the edges of the front seven.. or away from big Pat.. cat and mouse all day long.

If I am the Packers coaching staff.. I rely on my bookend tackles and focus the protection on KWill up front.. to me he is the key in the Vikes pass rush..

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Spotlight?
    Try crosshairs.

I don't know about half a sack but I DVRed the video of Allen pounding favre into the turf, caused a fumble too(backward pass?)! Packer kicked the ball out of bounds though. It was definetly a punishing hit by allen who really used his legs and body weight to drive favre into the ground. Only wish we could have the opportunity to see him punish farve while wearing purple.
    Please come back favre!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he's ready for spotlight and ready to lead in

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Spotlight?
    Try crosshairs.

LOL Marr! Allen was playing on the Chiefs defensive line last year. That line doesn't even compare to what our D-line looks like this year.

Who on the Chiefs D-Line compares to K-Will, Phat Pat & Edwards?

Offensive lines are going to have their hands full against our crew. I'm betting you'll see a lot of holding calls on them as well as a lot of jerseys being pulled that don't get caught.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast