Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he's ready for spotlight and ready to lead in

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    He's much more prepared than many want to give him credit for.
    I would say that he is definitely more prepared than Tarvaris Jackson is.
    Was trained on the sidelines before being thrown into the fire.
    At the end of the year I doubt that Rodgers will be known as the weakest link on the Packers.
    I don't think he's better prepared for upcomming season then Tarvaris.
    Tarvaris has played a full season ( except the games he missed ) and is fired up. The pressure on TJ is way lower then on Rodgers. It's true he has had more training but then again in-game experience learns you alot more then holding the clipboard.

He is more prepared to start the season if you compare him to TJ last season where he had no real experience or training.
    I can see your point my friend, but I think there are two ways to get a QB ready.
    TJ and Aaron are examples of both.

In short, he will make some mistakes this year from lack of actual reps under center during game time situations, but it isn't gonna be as significant as some think.
    Additionally, I believe TJ will make those same types of mistakes this year.
    The jury is still out on who will make it in the NFL, one, both, or neither.
    I agree, TJack has more real-life experience in NFL regulars season game times.
    Rodgers looked poised in the game I saw him play in (n=1).
    I would also say that 2009 will be a better comparison of them both.
    As Marr alluded to, one was trained in the traditional way of 'under the wings of a veteran and watching' while Tarvaris was thrown to the wolves early.
    Will be interesting to see how they perfom.
    Well that was the training they wanted to give TJ also but then Brad Johnson turned out to be just a ' one year miracle '
    Bottom line:
    The same TJack bashers in the media are all sucking up to Rodgers without ever seeing him in extended playing time in the NFL.
    As far as I am concerned, the big question mark as regards Rodgers is whether he can bounce back from adversity and show the kind of grit that Tarvaris has shown last season.
    TJack took alot of criticism and yet he is quietly confident that he still has what it takes to make it in the NFL.
    He has the same tools that Rodgers does (maybe even MORE raw talent) and is every bit as capable of being a success in the NFL as any other starter in the league.
    This dwelling on his small school status and early mistakes is overblown to say the least.
    The naysayers are just those who want to be always right and to say "I told you so".
    The same could have been said for most any QB coming into the league.
    IMO, Tarvaris hasn't been nearly perfect, but he has also never overstated his abilities (remember his comments upon being thrust into the starting role early on...he acknowledged that he didn't feel that he was ready...and showed that his self-awareness of his early limitations was spot on).
    Hopefully, his burgeoning confidence now is also an accurate representation of where he truly is now (and I personally believe that it is).
    This is the year that most QBs make the leap anyway...so if he does so, he will simply be making the logical progression to where all other QBs have...and will make the naysayers in the media look like the fools that they truly are.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he's ready for spotlight and ready to lead in post

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Re: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he's ready for spotlight and ready to lead in post

"Prophet" wrote:
    OK, we won't call him 'soft' when Jared Allen pummels him to the turf all day long on Opening Day.
    Of course, by the end of the day, he could be injured again...which will start all of the vicious name-calling again...LOL

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I still feel TJ has a lot more talent to work with plus the defense will give him more opportunities by getting off the field fast.

theodoric is offline Waterboy

I think Aaron Rodgers had a lot of time to develop under a great QB and a great coaching staff. I think tarvaris jackson was rushed a little into the starting job. But rodgers will face a good D on his debut under national spotlight. He could struggle on his first start, but he's definetly ready
    to become one of the better QBs in the leauge. Also he wants to prove that he's just as good or better, than eli manning, rivers, and big ben.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Where's the question of what Rodgers thinks about the Pack drafting 2 QB's (Brohm and Flynn)?
    Especially, using a high draft pick.
    How in the world does that possibly translate to confidence in him?

If the Pack wanted to help him they would have drafted OL, RB, WR, TE etc.

Ryan Grant had a good year, but when going up against Farve, you play the pass and don't blitz much.
    Going against a 1st year starter you go after the QB.

I don't think Rodgers will fall on his face, but he will struggle early and the confidence in him will fade and GB fans will start to chant "Brohm"!
    There will be a QB controversy in GB by week 8.

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"theodoric" wrote:
    I think Aaron Rodgers had a lot of time to develop under a great QB and a great coaching staff. I think tarvaris jackson was rushed a little into the starting job. But rodgers will face a good D on his debut under national spotlight. He could struggle on his first start, but he's definetly ready
    to become one of the better QBs in the leauge. Also he wants to prove that he's just as good or better, than eli manning, rivers, and big ben.
    Well at least your first post was decent. Don't you mean great?

Packers' burning question: What does Rodgers need to do?

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=422253

It's natural to be skeptical about a young quarterback taking over your team full-time for the first time, especially one who's following an NFL legend. Green Bay has a good, young football team overall, but there's a concern that Aaron Rodgers won't be able to take advantage of a winning window the way a grizzled Brett Favre would.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Green Bay is Mr. Rodgers neighborhood now[/size]

by Alex Marvez
    Updated: June 18, 2008, 11:01 AM EST

GREEN BAY - He had a blast firing passes at the first 2008 Packers minicamp practice, joking with teammates and even jumping into the air for a body bump with wide receiver Ruvell Martin after one throw.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Spotlight?
    Try crosshairs.
    Jared Allen is gonna "spotlight" Rodgers in the first game of the year and introduce him to life in the NFL.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast