Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he's ready for spotlight and ready to lead in post

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he's ready for spotlight and ready to lead in post-Favre era[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

By COLIN FLY, Associated Press

Last update: May 22, 2008 - 7:28 AM

GREEN BAY, Wis. - Aaron Rodgers gets a daily reminder he doesn't need: Less than 10 feet from where he dresses is Brett Favre's old locker, nameplate intact, and complete with shoulder pads still sitting on the shelf.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi..._refer=Vikings
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he's ready for spotlight and ready to lead in post

I would have been very surprised if he had said anything different.

Only one way to tell if he's ready...
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he's ready for spotlight and ready to lead in post

He's much more prepared than many want to give him credit for.
    I would say that he is definitely more prepared than Tarvaris Jackson is.
    Was trained on the sidelines before being thrown into the fire.
    At the end of the year I doubt that Rodgers will be known as the weakest link on the Packers.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    At the end of the year I doubt that Rodgers will be known as the weakest link on the Packers.
    I tend to agree with you on this.

He will make some mistakes reading defenses, however, that happens to Vets with lots of gametime experience.
    IMHO those mistakes will be pretty minimal.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says he's ready for spotlight and ready to lead in

"Prophet" wrote:
    I don't think he's better prepared for upcomming season then Tarvaris.
    Tarvaris has played a full season ( except the games he missed ) and is fired up. The pressure on TJ is way lower then on Rodgers. It's true he has had more training but then again in-game experience learns you alot more then holding the clipboard.

He is more prepared to start the season if you compare him to TJ last season where he had no real experience or training.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Tarvaris has played a full season ( except the games he missed ) and is fired up. The pressure on TJ is way lower then on Rodgers. It's true he has had more training but then again in-game experience learns you alot more then holding the clipboard.

He is more prepared to start the season if you compare him to TJ last season where he had no real experience or training.
    I can see your point my friend, but I think there are two ways to get a QB ready.
    TJ and Aaron are examples of both.

In short, he will make some mistakes this year from lack of actual reps under center during game time situations, but it isn't gonna be as significant as some think.
    Additionally, I believe TJ will make those same types of mistakes this year.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I have to agree with Prophet on this one.
    Rogers was at one point regarded as the best QB coming into that years draft.
    He's sat behind one of the best to ever play, and when given the chance he's played pretty well.
    At this point in time, i would rank them at about even.
    I think Rogers was a great pick by them, and he will become a pretty good qb.
    But, there's only one way to find out.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I can see your point my friend, but I think there are two ways to get a QB ready.

In short, he will make some mistakes this year from lack of actual reps under center during game time situations, but it isn't gonna be as significant as some think.
    The jury is still out on who will make it in the NFL, one, both, or neither.
    I agree, TJack has more real-life experience in NFL regulars season game times.
    Rodgers looked poised in the game I saw him play in (n=1).
    I would also say that 2009 will be a better comparison of them both.
    As Marr alluded to, one was trained in the traditional way of 'under the wings of a veteran and watching' while Tarvaris was thrown to the wolves early.
    Will be interesting to see how they perfom.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

As Marr alluded to, one was trained in the traditional way of 'under the wings of a veteran and watching' while Tarvaris was thrown to the wolves early.
    Well that was the training they wanted to give TJ also but then Brad Johnson turned out to be just a ' one year miracle '
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Well that was the training they wanted to give TJ also but then Brad Johnson turned out to be just a ' one year miracle '
    Excellent point Mr. H.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast