Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers Offer Ryan Grant $1.75 Million Bonus on 6-Year Deal, Agent Says 'It'

"pack93z" wrote:
    Yep another black eye this offseason.. however I think shorten the deal, I think that is Grants real issue with it moreso than anything else.. for buying out his couple of first eligible seasons of UFA he should get a little more.. shorten the deal and make it a little heavier incentive wise..

SIA.. Exclusive free agent.. we ink our vets to decent fair market value deals.. but in this case, they are being a little cheap.

So far, the season is beginning with more negatives than positives.. sucks.
    Like anything that comes out of Green bay doesn't?
    ;D

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Packers Offer Ryan Grant $1.75 Million Bonus on 6-Year Deal, Agent Says 'It'

"Garland" wrote:
    ;D
    LOL.. I just want this particular offseason over.. yep seems like almost everything this offseason was straight out of a soap opera.. reflects terribly on Thompson especially.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    Yep another black eye this offseason.. however I think shorten the deal, I think that is Grants real issue with it moreso than anything else.. for buying out his couple of first eligible seasons of UFA he should get a little more.. shorten the deal and make it a little heavier incentive wise..

SIA.. Exclusive free agent.. we ink our vets to decent fair market value deals.. but in this case, they are being a little cheap.

So far, the season is beginning with more negatives than positives.. sucks.
    For a few dollars, this could have been kept out of the media.
    They are driving the hardline bus and the principle of the contract.

It seems to me that the Pack doesn't want to acknowledge when the players are contributing more than what they are getting paid to do.
    It was fair market value when you thought he was going to be on the practice squad.

It is teams like this that make for undesirable places for FA to go.
    This is a farm team mentality which works better in baseball than in football. JMHO!

JMHO again, the Pack is lucky that Favre turned out to be as good as he was or the team would be a mirror image of the Lions in the win/loss column over that time frame.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    ;D
    LOL.. I just want this particular offseason over.. yep seems like almost everything this offseason was straight out of a soap opera.. reflects terribly on Thompson especially.
    Welcome to the love boat, where things are shiney and new.
    Meet the gopher and capt stubbing (stuving?) too.

Wha-wha-wha!

:P

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Packers Offer Ryan Grant $1.75 Million Bonus on 6-Year Deal, Agent Says 'It's In

Nice! No Farve, and now Grant wants more money. I love watching the Packers crumble!!!

ALL DAY!!!

"snowinapril" wrote:

It seems to me that the Pack doesn't want to acknowledge when the players are contributing more than what they are getting paid to do.
    It was fair market value when you thought he was going to be on the practice squad.

This is a farm team mentality which works better in baseball than in football. JMHO!

JMHO again, the Pack is lucky that Favre turned out to be as good as he was or the team would be a mirror image of the Lions in the win/loss column over that time frame.
    Agree on the $ vs media exposure.. like we needed anymore bad press.

But on the dollars spent, we take care of players within, but since Ted has taken over I can see you point on the FA market and lack of signings. But take a look at Woodson's deal.. we paid him very well, same with Kampy, Driver, Harris, etc..

But it really comes down to how this team does this season.. without Favre.. that will be very telling if Ted's approach works or fails...

But your analogy of a farm team in baseball is a little much, we needed to have a youth infusion on this team.. in 04-05 we were aging badly, we had no depth or young talent across the board and all we could do was reach into the FA market and overspend. You can't win it all overspending in FA.. you have to have that young depth around the team to survive the long season.

I think it is more approach than being cheap.. but on this Grant deal, I think the FO tried to steal a player in value, combine that with the handling of Favre.. we very well might be the Sibera of the NFL FA.. right this second, we look like a team that doesn't take care of their own let alone outsiders.

But we do have alot of good news.. just pales in comparison to the Favre drama and now this piled on.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

But on the dollars spent, we take care of players within, but since Ted has taken over I can see you point on the FA market and lack of signings. But take a look at Woodson's deal.. we paid him very well, same with Kampy, Driver, Harris, etc..

But it really comes down to how this team does this season.. without Favre.. that will be very telling if Ted's approach works or fails...

But your analogy of a farm team in baseball is a little much, we needed to have a youth infusion on this team.. in 04-05 we were aging badly, we had no depth or young talent across the board and all we could do was reach into the FA market and overspend. You can't win it all overspending in FA.. you have to have that young depth around the team to survive the long season.

I think it is more approach than being cheap.. but on this Grant deal, I think the FO tried to steal a player in value, combine that with the handling of Favre.. we very well might be the Sibera of the NFL FA.. right this second, we look like a team that doesn't take care of their own let alone outsiders.

But we do have alot of good news.. just pales in comparison to the Favre drama and now this piled on.
    Hence the reason Favre is making a stink!
    Bruised ego now he is taking it out on TT.

I just don't think it is fair to trap Grant or any player when their role has changed.

I also hate paying people for what they haven't done and what they may not do, like the rookies.

Incentives are the way to go overall. Make people earn some money.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Packers Offer Ryan Grant $1.75 Million Bonus on 6-Year Deal, Agent Says 'It's In

Any one know what his current contract looks like? How much he's asking for? I think the nfl needs to do something about the current situation where any one who over achieves immediately demands more money.
    If grant was signed with the Packers as a free agent but knew he was going to excel then he should have insisted on a 1 year deal, that way he could hit free agency or renogiate.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Hence the reason Favre is making a stink!
    Bruised ego now he is taking it out on TT.

I just don't think it is fair to trap Grant or any player when their role has changed.

I also hate paying people for what they haven't done and what they may not do, like the rookies.

Incentives are the way to go overall. Make people earn some money.

The Bears did a nice job with Hester's contract.

The glaring
    part of Grant's is the very small guaranteed money (combined with a 6-yr deal)...it just makes them look very bad.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Any one know what his current contract looks like? How much he's asking for? I think the nfl needs to do something about the current situation where any one who over achieves immediately demands more money.
    If grant was signed with the Packers as a free agent but knew he was going to excel then he should have insisted on a 1 year deal, that way he could hit free agency or renogiate.
    He is an exclusive free agent with a minimum tender.. he didn't sign it so he has no deal at this point, but because he only has one tendered year in the NFL.. he is stuck in playing out 2 more years as a exclusive FA and a year of restricted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast