Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Packers Offer Ryan Grant $1.75 Million Bonus on 6-Year Deal, Agent Says 'It's In

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers Offer Ryan Grant $1.75 Million Bonus on 6-Year Deal, Agent Says 'It's In

i saw this on nfl network. he needs to just keep playing, not demand money
    We're bringing purple back.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: Packers Offer Ryan Grant $1.75 Million Bonus on 6-Year Deal, Agent Says 'It'

i love it

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers Offer Ryan Grant $1.75 Million Bonus on 6-Year Deal, Agent Says 'It's In

this is getting sad... the kids in his SECOND season, had a decent year considering no one had tape on him.
    But still has only started 7 games in his career with under 1000 yards and was an UDFA.
    Play one more year, then ask for your cash if you earned it

Not taking anything away from him.
    But him begging for huge cash after 1 season is just straight up pathetic.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

someone should call the Wambulance, and take him to get a wamburger and some french cries....fucking baby

Thanks josdin00

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    this is getting sad... the kids in his SECOND season, had a decent year considering no one had tape on him.
    But still has only started 7 games in his career with under 1000 yards and was an UDFA.
    Play one more year, then ask for your cash if you earned it

Not taking anything away from him.
    But him begging for huge cash after 1 season is just straight up pathetic.
    Probably not even big cash, but more than what you'd pay a third round rookie.
    It's also tough to say "just play one more year", because as a RB, your value goes down each season, and if you get hurt it could end your whole career.
    And the Packers expect him to play for the minimum?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The Packers are cheap, don't forget that.
    I keep thinking of the days of J-Walk.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are obligated to play because of their contracts, but I just think the Pack as an org is cheap.
    Say, "no," but we will go ahead and throw on some more bonus incentives into the contract.
    Then we will give you a deal when your runs out.

I also have to add to Italian's take about the value of RBs........ the last 5 years or so, they have become less valuable.
    Seems like the OL has been getting paid more money each year and some of that is being taken from the RBs.
    The RB by committee and the dime a dozen seems to be more common thoughts about RBs now.
    Seems like the days of old, when teams were looking for a Franchise RB, are nearly over or at least that is where we are in this cycle of the NFL perspective.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers Offer Ryan Grant $1.75 Million Bonus on 6-Year Deal, Agent Says 'It'

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    i love it

Me too...I think he should sit out training camp and cause another distraction to the Favre-less Pack.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

It’s hard because I see both sides of the argument.
    One the one side (Grant’s) he became the established starter and workhorse for the team after the first 6-7 games.
    It wasn’t much of a committee after that.
    So, I think that the team should pay him a starting running back salary.
    If you knew you were going to be the workhorse you would want some money guaranteed just in case something happened.
    On the other hand (packers FO) he is in a second year as an UDFA.
    Favre was having as good as year as he has had in a while and teams weren’t concentrating on the run much.
    Grants biggest games came in the middle of the season when he was just starting to emerge.

I say you give him a decent contract, nothing too big, but showing you value him as a player.
    And then tell him “look we will look at a big time deal after this year.
    This is the year that you have to show us you’re a 20-25 carry back.”

If he doesn’t want that, I mean it’s no skin off my back him not being in camp.
    Let him sit out the whole time, better for us.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Yep another black eye this offseason.. however I think shorten the deal, I think that is Grants real issue with it moreso than anything else.. for buying out his couple of first eligible seasons of UFA he should get a little more.. shorten the deal and make it a little heavier incentive wise..

SIA.. Exclusive free agent.. we ink our vets to decent fair market value deals.. but in this case, they are being a little cheap.

So far, the season is beginning with more negatives than positives.. sucks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast