NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Packers Nick Barnett gets week 1 suspension repealed

Didn't have time to find the news link, but saw this reported at www.packershome.com

No suspension, but a big fine 4 Barnett

Linebacker Nick Barnett was able to get out of a one-game suspension that would have kept him out of the regular-season opener against Minnesota but still was hit with a major fine 4 violating the NFL’s personal-conduct policy.

The NFL originally suspended Barnett 4 one game after he pled guilty in March to two counts of disorderly conduct 4 his role in an incident at an Appleton nightclub last year.

To appeal the original one-game suspension, which includes a one-game fine, Barnett had to travel to New York City to meet with NFL officials. Though the league dropped the suspension, it still fined him a one-week proration of his $2 million base salary. Players are paid once a week over 17 weeks, so he lost 1/17th of his salary, or $117,647.
    This brings up some interesting precedent for McKinnie.
    Barnett pled guilty (although to a much lessor charge than McKinnie) and he got the suspension repealed.
    McKinnie may get his charges dropped through the pre-trial diversion program.
    I am starting to think (disappointingly) that McKinnie will get off with a fine.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Packers Nick Barnett gets week 1 suspension repealed

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Didn't have time to find the news link, but saw this reported at www.packershome.com

No suspension, but a big fine 4 Barnett

Linebacker Nick Barnett was able to get out of a one-game suspension that would have kept him out of the regular-season opener against Minnesota but still was hit with a major fine 4 violating the NFL’s personal-conduct policy.

The NFL originally suspended Barnett 4 one game after he pled guilty in March to two counts of disorderly conduct 4 his role in an incident at an Appleton nightclub last year.

To appeal the original one-game suspension, which includes a one-game fine, Barnett had to travel to New York City to meet with NFL officials. Though the league dropped the suspension, it still fined him a one-week proration of his $2 million base salary. Players are paid once a week over 17 weeks, so he lost 1/17th of his salary, or $117,647.
    This brings up some interesting precedent for McKinnie.
    Barnett pled guilty (although to a much lessor charge than McKinnie) and he got the suspension repealed.
    McKinnie may get his charges dropped through the pre-trial diversion program.
    I am starting to think (disappointingly) that McKinnie will get off with a fine.
    Whats up with using 4 instead of for? Crazy packers need to let it go already.
    Not sure what exactly Barnett did or if he has a history, but from what I've heard McKinnie is guilty as hell, and he has a history. The love boat scandal I don't believe was a horrible offense(not like beating someone with a medal pole) but it was very high profile which the NFL doesn't like. I still expect 4 games, minimum.

Blog Entries

Good point about the history jmcdon00.
    I wasn't thinking about that.

I actually do hope that McKinnie gets some kind of suspension. He needs to get his head out of his ass.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

Here was Barnett's arrest BTW.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2907430
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080701/PKR01/307010015/1058

Barnett is accused of knocking drinks from the hands of two women during an argument in the nightclub Wet, 344 W. College Ave., and throwing a cell phone belonging to one of the women against the wall, damaging the phone.

In a separate alleged incident about 45 minutes later, Barnett again confronted one of the women, allegedly threw a drink in her face and knocked her to the floor. Barnett left the bar in the company of another Packers player, the complaint said.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:

I actually do hope that McKinnie gets some kind of suspension. He needs to get his head out of his jiggly butt.
    I don't, but I do hope next offseason we look at replacing him...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I actually do hope that McKinnie gets some kind of suspension. He needs to get his head out of his jiggly butt.
    Unless we can get a stud in here at LT, I hope we don't look into replacing McKinnie.
    He is a big part of that left side of the line whether you believe it or not...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080701/PKR01/307010015/1058

Barnett is accused of knocking drinks from the hands of two women during an argument in the nightclub Wet, 344 W. College Ave., and throwing a cell phone belonging to one of the women against the wall, damaging the phone.

In a separate alleged incident about 45 minutes later, Barnett again confronted one of the women, allegedly threw a drink in her face and knocked her to the floor. Barnett left the bar in the company of another Packers player, the complaint said.
    Ah yes... starting fights with women. Sounds like a class act.

I'll take McKinney over this hack, at least he starts fight with (male) Bouncers.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Unless we can get a stud in here at LT, I hope we don't look into replacing McKinnie.
    He is a big part of that left side of the line whether you believe it or not...
    There are many LTs in the game that I would take over McKinnie.
    He's solid, but not worth the trouble.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:

The women were laughing at his tiny peenus.
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE