ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: Packers' Jolly indicted on Texas felony drug charges

"Zeus" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=48796.msg858534#msg858534 date=1225205228]
    Question, how come Jolly was never suspended by the league, yet McKinnie was suspended for 4 games before he even had a trial?

Again... Goodell is destroying the NFL.
    Even though I agree he should be sitting already.. there is a difference.. this is Jolly's first brush with the conduct policy in the NFL.. McKinnie... has already raised a red flag or two.. love boat comes to mind.
    Well that is a relief because now we know that Pat Williams won't be suspended.
    May I also mention Matt Jones... he gets arrested for Cocaine and hasn't been suspended for 1 game yet.

On another note, was McKinnie ever charged with anything that happened on the love boat?
    McKinnie - NFL Personal Conduct Policy
    Williams - NFL Steriod Policy
    Jones and Jolly - NFL Drug Policy

Apples and Oranges and Bananas.
    Minor correction - both Jones and Jolly would fall under the Personal Conduct policy since they did NOT fail a drug test to get into trouble, they got busted.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    Stupid decisions....across the board. (This diuretic thing is still up in the air, though)

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Under the drug policy isnt it if you use, buy or destribute drugs?

Im not positive but I think I remember reading somewhere that it's not strickly a failed test that would put you under that catergory

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"C" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    On another note, was McKinnie ever charged with anything that happened on the love boat?
    Yep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryant_McKinnie#Boat_cruise_scandal

In October 2005, McKinnie was charged with a misdemeanor for his involvement in the 2005 Minnesota Vikings boat cruise scandal. McKinnie allegedly picked up a naked woman, placing her on the bar and performed cunnilingus on her in front of the crew and other guests. Later that evening McKinnie and three other men were spotted sitting in deck chairs receiving fellatio from four women, which was also observed by the crew in a public area of the boat.
    Reminds me of Christmas-time at home.
    ??? Were you on the delivery or receiving end of McKinnie?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    Question, how come Jolly was never suspended by the league, yet McKinnie was suspended for 4 games before he even had a trial?

Even though I agree he should be sitting already.. there is a difference.. this is Jolly's first brush with the conduct policy in the NFL.. McKinnie... has already raised a red flag or two.. love boat comes to mind.
    May I also mention Matt Jones... he gets arrested for Cocaine and hasn't been suspended for 1 game yet.

Minor correction - both Jones and Jolly would fall under the Personal Conduct policy since they did NOT fail a drug test to get into trouble, they got busted.

=Z=
    [/quote]

Hmmm....I thought arrests for drug related incidents counted under the drug policy......

Yup. Here it is (link)

II. Discipline for Violation of Law Related to Substances of Abuse Other Than AlcohoL.
    A. Additional Commissioner Discipline.
    Apart from and in addition to any other provisions of this Policy, players convicted of or
    admitting to a violation of law (including, within the context of a diversionary program,
    deferred adjudication, disposition of supervision, or similar arangement including but
    not limited to nolo contendere) relating to use, possession, acquisition, sale, or
    distribution of substances of abuse other than alcohol, or conspiring to do so, are subject
    to appropriate discipline as determined by the Commissioner. Where appropriate, such
    discipline may include substantially longer suspensions than those set forth below.

B. Discipline for Violations of the Law.
    A player wil normally be subject to discipline up to and including suspension without
    pay for four regular and/or post-season games for a first violation of the law related to
    substances of abuse other than alcohol and for six regular and/or post-season games for a
    second violation of the law related to substances of abuse other than alcohoL. A player's
    treatment history may be considered by the Commissioner in determining the appropriate
    degree of discipline. The suspension period may be extended if medically necessary, and,
    if extended, may involve mandatory treatment if required by the Medical Director.
    This is what it prohibits in the Personal Conduct Policy. There is no mention of drug arrests. (link):

Prohibited Conduct
    It will be considered conduct detrimental for Covered Persons to engage in (or to aid, abet or conspire to engage in or to incite) violent and/or criminal activity. Examples of such Prohibited Conduct include, without limitation: any crime involving the use or threat of physical violence to a person or persons; the use of a deadly weapon in the commission of a crime; possession or distribution of a weapon in violation of state or federal law; involvement in "hate crimes" or crimes of domestic violence; theft, larceny or other property crimes; sex offenses; racketeering; money laundering; obstruction of justice; resisting arrest; fraud; and violent or threatening conduct. Additionally, Covered Persons shall not by their words or conduct suggest that criminal activity is acceptable or condoned within the NFL.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't understand how the williams thing falls under the steroids policy when they aren't being accused of using steroids at all.
    It seems like they're gonna get a bad rap no matter what happens just because of the rhetoric.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"josdin00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=48796.msg858539#msg858539 date=1225205436]

[/quote]

Hmmm....I thought arrests for drug related incidents counted under the drug policy......

Yup. Here it is (link)

II. Discipline for Violation of Law Related to Substances of Abuse Other Than AlcohoL.
    Apart from and in addition to any other provisions of this Policy, players convicted of or
    admitting to a violation of law (including, within the context of a diversionary program,
    deferred adjudication, disposition of supervision, or similar arangement including but
    not limited to nolo contendere) relating to use, possession, acquisition, sale, or
    distribution of substances of abuse other than alcohol, or conspiring to do so, are subject
    to appropriate discipline as determined by the Commissioner. Where appropriate, such
    discipline may include substantially longer suspensions than those set forth below.

A player wil normally be subject to discipline up to and including suspension without
    pay for four regular and/or post-season games for a first violation of the law related to
    substances of abuse other than alcohol and for six regular and/or post-season games for a
    second violation of the law related to substances of abuse other than alcohoL. A player's
    treatment history may be considered by the Commissioner in determining the appropriate
    degree of discipline. The suspension period may be extended if medically necessary, and,
    if extended, may involve mandatory treatment if required by the Medical Director.
    This is what it prohibits in the Personal Conduct Policy. There is no mention of drug arrests. (link):

Prohibited Conduct
    It will be considered conduct detrimental for Covered Persons to engage in (or to aid, abet or conspire to engage in or to incite) violent and/or criminal activity. Examples of such Prohibited Conduct include, without limitation: any crime involving the use or threat of physical violence to a person or persons; the use of a deadly weapon in the commission of a crime; possession or distribution of a weapon in violation of state or federal law; involvement in "hate crimes" or crimes of domestic violence; theft, larceny or other property crimes; sex offenses; racketeering; money laundering; obstruction of justice; resisting arrest; fraud; and violent or threatening conduct. Additionally, Covered Persons shall not by their words or conduct suggest that criminal activity is acceptable or condoned within the NFL.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the correction, Jos.
    That is counter-intuitive, to me.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Randy" wrote:
    I don't understand how the williams thing falls under the steroids policy when they aren't being accused of using steroids at all.
    It seems like they're gonna get a bad rap no matter what happens just because of the rhetoric.
    Because the substance they tested positive for can be used as a masking agent to hide or dilute the presence of steroids in urine. There are four categories banned under the steriod policy: Anabolic agents, Masking Agents, Certain Stimulants, and Doping Methods.

http://www.nflplayers.com/images/pdfs/RulesAndRegs/ProhibitedSubstances.pdf

"Zeus" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=BloodyHorns82 link=topic=48796.msg858542#msg858542 date=1225205516]
    [quote author=pack93z link=topic=48796.msg858539#msg858539 date=1225205436]

[/quote]

Yup. Here it is (link)

Prohibited Conduct
    [/quote]

Thanks for the correction, Jos.
    That is counter-intuitive, to me.

=Z=
    [/quote]

No prob. I'm pretty much a rules geek when it comes to trying to figure out what is going on in the NFL. For some reason, this stuff sticks with me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123