Prophet Guest

Packers GM cries uncle!

KFFL
    Packers | Thompson expresses low-key optimism
    Thu, 20 Jul 2006 05:26:32 -0700

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson addressed 20,000 shareholders/fans Wednesday morning July 19. Thompson didn't even try to counter the negative vibe emanating from the national media for the Packers in 2006. Thompson, one of those responsible for the 4-12 collapse last season, did his best to keep the focus on what he views as a bounce-back future but was careful to avoid forecasts for grandeur that could come back to haunt him. "Just to get it out of the way, last year was a very difficult time for all of us here who work for the Packers and I'm sure it was difficult for you," Thompson said. "It was tough on our coaches, our players and myself. But I'm sure we're moving forward now. I'm feeling confident. I think we're headed in the right direction." Twice Thompson described his management approach as "steady and even-keel." It's his nature, he said, and thus it's how the Packers will conduct their business. Thompson was interrupted by applause after mentioning the names of 12 players, with the most sustained cheers going to QB Brett Favre and rookie LB A.J. Hawk.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Packers GM cries uncle!

UNCLE!!!!! wahahahahahahawaaaaaahahaha

Thank you Josdin for the sig

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Thompson, one of those responsible for the 4-12 collapse last season, did his best to keep the focus on what he views as a bounce-back future but was careful to avoid forecasts for grandeur that could come back to haunt him. "Just to get it out of the way, last year was a very difficult time for all of us here who work for the Packers and I'm sure it was difficult for you," Thompson said. "It was tough on our coaches, our players and myself. But I'm sure we're moving forward now. I'm feeling confident. I think we're headed in the right direction."
    You lying SOB! How is losing your 2 best O-lineman 2 years in a row moving forward, Favre is going to be running for his life again (will be great to watch)!

You had more money than any team in the NFL going into free agency and you got nothing but a # 3 wide receiver (Gardner) and as over the hill corner back (Woodson) that is hurt half the season every year (and paid 3 times his value)!

You lost your best receiver (Walker)! You lost Grady Jackson! Your secondary is a mess! 1/4 of your players didn't participate in your off season program because nobody wants to play there! You hired a headcoach (because he used to be Favre's QB coach) to try and lure back an over the hill QB that through 29 INT's last year with a better O-line than you have this year!

HOW IS THIS MOVING FORWARD PACKER FAN'S?

Come on enlighten us, please!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Of course, he was also crying "BROTHER" and "COUSIN", since his "UNCLE" was all three rolled into one...considering the family structure prevalent in Packer family units. :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

How is keeping an old run down QB moving forward?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Of course, he was also crying "BROTHER" and "COUSIN", since his "UNCLE" was all three rolled into one...considering the family structure prevalent in Packer family units. :evil4:
    LOL! In fact, LSHMDSOMN[size=7px]*[/size]! :lol:

[size=7px]*[/size](Laughed So Hard Mt Dew Shot Out My Nose. Gross, but unfortunately true.)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Haha cajun:>

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!