singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Packers eye up Trent Green as backup QB

[size=13pt]Report: Packers eye Green as backup QB[/size]

Former Chiefs signal-caller has battled concussions past two seasons

SportingNews

updated 1:20 p.m. CT, Fri., March. 7, 2008

nbcsports.msnbc.com

The Green Bay Packers are looking at former Pro Bowl quarterback Trent Green to become Aaron Rodgers' backup, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Packers eye up Trent Green as backup QB

LOL. Rodgers goes down in week two and Trent goes down in week 3.

I love it.
    Ole Lord Favreeee's delay in announcing his retirement bights them in the ass.

Not that there was any backups of quality out there anyways but it sure hurts them now that they have to pick through the left overs.;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Geez talk about Bringing in "Quality" depth behind their Young QB. by week 4 they will be calling for his head(Rodgers). That is great Farve walks away and the QB position is gonna be in jeopardy.
    I love it.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Just as quickly as they mentioned it, in a conversation, Trent and the Packers decide that it isn't a fit at this point.. translation.. Packers don't want to sign him at this point, Trent wants to lock up a job.

My best is it will be Mark Brunell, and what I assume they are looking for is someone that can help mentor Aaron from the sidelines.. a smarter than talented QB at this point.

I can almost bet they will draft a QB someplace in the middle of this draft to be the primary backup, then let Nall, FA QB, and Rookie fight it for the rights to backup Rodgers. Boy is that weird to type in Rodgers as the starter.. 16 plus years is a long time..

"pack93z" wrote:
    Just as quickly as they mentioned it, in a conversation, Trent and the Packers decide that it isn't a fit at this point.. translation.. Packers don't want to sign him at this point, Trent wants to lock up a job.

My best is it will be Mark Brunell, and what I assume they are looking for is someone that can help mentor Aaron from the sidelines.. a smarter than talented QB at this point.

I can almost bet they will draft a QB someplace in the middle of this draft to be the primary backup, then let Nall, FA QB, and Rookie fight it for the rights to backup Rodgers. Boy is that weird to type in Rodgers as the starter.. 16 plus years is a long time..
    Wouldn't they have to re-sign Nall 1st?

"singersp" wrote:
    Very astute there Singer, most Packer fans haven't check that yet.. but considering he was in Green Bay this week I assume that is a formality... But that is assuming.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Very astute there Singer, most Packer fans haven't check that yet.. but considering he was in Green Bay this week I assume that is a formality... But that is assuming.
    They must have signed him to a very small contract last year. They didn't sign him until the last day or two of November.

"singersp" wrote:
    They must have signed him to a very small contract last year. They didn't sign him until the last day or two of November.
    Dec 1... league minimum prorated contract for the year... just someone for the playoff run and end of the season insurance if they pulled Favre and Rodgers didn't heal fast enough.. that is my concern with the kid.. he has played twice and injured himself both times.. talk about night and day..