Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Packers Daily Briefing 03.16.09

PACKERS PIPELINE

On Sunday I was a bit snarky in assessing the Packers' free agency effort to date and today I wanted to offer some harder analysis on why I think it's a mistake not to take advantage of the market. As I stated Sunday, the Packers are one of two teams who have not added an unrestricted free agent since the signing period began Feb. 27, and that lack of activity represents general manager Ted Thompson's philosophical approach to building a team.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/41309587.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Packers Daily Briefing 03.16.09

[size=15pt]Silverstein’s Missteps[/size]

I’d like to respond to, if that’s the right phrase, Tom Silverstein’s assessment of Ted Thompson’s approach, or lack thereof, to free agency this offseason. In this morning’s Packers Daily Briefing, Silverstein states:

The problem I see with this philosophy is what happens when one of your draft classes isn’t any good? There is so much pressure on you to be right in the draft that if you have an off year, it absolutely destroys you. There’s no room for error. To me, that’s exactly what happened with the 2007 draft class.

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/silversteins-missteps

Ohhhhhhh man, this is good..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Ahhh Marrdro is reading the enemies blogs.. maybe the Green is growing upon him.

Yes that Packers have been silent for the most part, albeit that most in Packer nation are becoming impatient with the approach, outside of Canty nobody signed to date would have been a fit. That is other than those that got overpaid like Scott, Haynesworth and Lewis. Burnett wanted no part of the northern climate that echos Green Bay.. although he would have been a nice insurance package.

Offseason workouts begin today, Caper and companies first time seeing most of the players that have questions around them.. call in taking inventory of good this week.

From there, my guess is Thompson, MM, and Capers will construct a grocery list of concerns and then maybe Ted will ink a stop gap player like Holiday, Carter or another..

Biggest concern for me.. if the Vikes lure in Tauscher, we have a hole along the line.. in general we need Offensive line depth in the worst way.

"pack93z" wrote:
    Ahhh Marrdro is reading the enemies blogs.. maybe the Green is growing upon him.

Yes that Packers have been silent for the most part, albeit that most in Packer nation are becoming impatient with the approach, outside of Canty nobody signed to date would have been a fit. That is other than those that got overpaid like Scott, Haynesworth and Lewis. Burnett wanted no part of the northern climate that echos Green Bay.. although he would have been a nice insurance package.

Offseason workouts begin today, Caper and companies first time seeing most of the players that have questions around them.. call in taking inventory of good this week.

From there, my guess is Thompson, MM, and Capers will construct a grocery list of concerns and then maybe Ted will ink a stop gap player like Holiday, Carter or another..

Biggest concern for me.. if the Vikes lure in Tauscher, we have a hole along the line.. in general we need Offensive line depth in the worst way.
    I'm in my "Pretend you are a GM mode" and I work the lines on all the teams so that I can get an edge up on my mock draft....... ;D

Seriously, I visit almost every teams site at least twice a week during the season and multiple times a day (if my schedule permits) during this time of the year.

I love trying to figure out what they are gonna do.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

I'm in my "Pretend you are a GM mode" and I work the lines on all the teams so that I can get an edge up on my mock draft....... ;D

Seriously, I visit almost every teams site at least twice a week during the season and multiple times a day (if my schedule permits) during this time of the year.

Buy Madden and start a franchise. I have a feeling you'll love it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Buy Madden and start a franchise. I have a feeling you'll love it.
    Tried it and hated it.
    Nothing against he game, just not a gamer I guess.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Wager my money on one of the two possibilities for the Packers.. taking the best tackle on the board or trading down.

Of the top 5 players (talent wise) in this draft, three are offensive tackles.. but leave it up to some of these teams in the top 10 to pull the trigger on a sexy pick like Stafford, Sanchez, and hell who knows where the Raiders pick.. one of those tackles will slide, I just hope it is Andre Smith.. too much risk.

I have a feeling we will be sliding down.. but whom really knows hey.. this draft is short on skill players but deep at the lines.. great draft to find a couple anchors for your lines.