Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re:Packers could be interested in hosting Super Bowl

Caine wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Green Bay does not have enough hotel rooms. I lived there and I remember the city talking about this all the time.

Who the hell would want to freeze their ass off at a Super Bowl? Certainly not me!
    I wouldn't go, I'd be watching from the warmth of my own home
    And yet, that might mean that teh FANS might actually get to go to that Superbowl.

Let's face it, the Superbowls are attended by Celebrities and the Who's Who...the fans who filled the stands all season long are no where to be found as they were replaced by the rich fewkers who maybe caught a game or two and might know the name of the teams most famous player or two.

Point is, the REAL fans aren't there...they can't afford it.

But put it in Green Bay - a city NO ONE wants to be in for very long - and maybe the average Fan will have a shot.

Caine
    Or they could wisely suffer through it in the comfort of their living room with that horrible 5 second delay.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

marstc09 wrote:
    Green Bay does not have enough hotel rooms. I lived there and I remember the city talking about this all the time.

Who the hell would want to freeze their ass off at a Super Bowl? Certainly not me!
    I don't know about that.

First, you know as well as I do that if the Vikings are in the Super Bowl, it could be in Somolia for all we care and people like you and I and a lot of other people on this forum would find a way to go.

Second, a Super Bowl in Lambeau would be remembered for decades. Everybody and their neighbor would want to freeze their ass off just to say that they were at the game. Hell, people still talk about the ice bowl, and that was just a NFC Championship game.

Plus, it is in Title Town. The damn trophy has the same namesake as the stadium, and for good reason. God, the historical angles on that game would be monumental.

Honestly, I think that if Green Bay got the Super Bowl, tickets would be at an all time high on the reseller markets. The only problem as far as I can see it is the number of hotels. But between Appleton and Milwaukee, I think they could do it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NodakPaul wrote:
    Plus, it is in Title Town. The damn trophy has the same namesake as the stadium, and for good reason.
    what is this Curly Lambeau trophy you speak of?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

vikinggreg wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/26/packers-president-thinks-lambeau-super-bowl-is-very-intriguing/

Now that the NFL has awarded a Super Bowl to a cold-weather city without a dome, every other cold-weather city without a dome is going to want one. And that includes Green Bay.

There's already a movement afoot among Packers fans to get a Super Bowl at Lambeau Field, and Packers President and CEO Mark Murphy says he'd like to look into it...
    Honestly, I am all for it. I say that Lambeau should be able to host a Super Bowl. The only issue they might run into is hotel space, but between there and Appleton, there are plenty of rooms.

There is nowhere in the NFL with as much history as Lambeau. Just because it is the home to a crappy team doesn't mean we should hold it against them.
    Soldier Field is the over 30 years older than Lambeau, so GB gets it after Chitown...these will be the Hell has frozen over Super Bowls.

Vikings win both
    Soldier Field isn't considered really the same field by really anybody. It even lost historical landmark status after they completed the entire overhaul of that stadium.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

A Superbowl in Green Bay?!?!?!?!?!?

FREE SHEEP FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Yeah, it might be a frigid game...but how friggin' SWEET would it be to have Green Bay host the game, and have the Vikings go in and win it...AFTER having knocked out the Packers in the NFC Championship game? I'm sure Favre would be willing to take over as Head Coach by then. LOL Wisconsin would have to declare a state of emergency, due to the entire population of Packers fans dying of brain embolisms!

*sigh* Daydream over...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12