Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Packers could be interested in hosting Super Bowl

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/26/packers-president-thinks-lambeau-super-bowl-is-very-intriguing/

Now that the NFL has awarded a Super Bowl to a cold-weather city without a dome, every other cold-weather city without a dome is going to want one. And that includes Green Bay.

There's already a movement afoot among Packers fans to get a Super Bowl at Lambeau Field, and Packers President and CEO Mark Murphy says he'd like to look into it...
    Honestly, I am all for it. I say that Lambeau should be able to host a Super Bowl. The only issue they might run into is hotel space, but between there and Appleton, there are plenty of rooms.

There is nowhere in the NFL with as much history as Lambeau. Just because it is the home to a crappy team doesn't mean we should hold it against them.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Packers could be interested in hosting Super Bowl

I think a superbowl at Lambeau would be awesome. I'm not sure how well the city can handle it, but the concept is sweet.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers could be interested in hosting Super Bowl

I like the idea, it's time for someone other than Miami and New Orleans to get it

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re:Packers could be interested in hosting Super Bowl

NodakPaul wrote:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/26/packers-president-thinks-lambeau-super-bowl-is-very-intriguing/

Now that the NFL has awarded a Super Bowl to a cold-weather city without a dome, every other cold-weather city without a dome is going to want one. And that includes Green Bay.

There's already a movement afoot among Packers fans to get a Super Bowl at Lambeau Field, and Packers President and CEO Mark Murphy says he'd like to look into it...
    Honestly, I am all for it. I say that Lambeau should be able to host a Super Bowl. The only issue they might run into is hotel space, but between there and Appleton, there are plenty of rooms.

There is nowhere in the NFL with as much history as Lambeau. Just because it is the home to a crappy team doesn't mean we should hold it against them.
    Soldier Field is the over 30 years older than Lambeau, so GB gets it after Chitown...these will be the Hell has frozen over Super Bowls.

Vikings win both

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I would be all for this. Sure we hate the Packers, but we know they won't be playing in the game, so who really cares. More outdoor Superbowls the better.
    We're bringing purple back.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

The NFL is going to look really stupid if the Super Bowl has to be played in a snow storm. Who the hell wants to hang out and party in frozen Green Bay at the end of January. Personally I would not spend a ton of money to freeze my ass off in Green Bay, or New York for that matter.

WWBGD

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

RK. wrote:
    The NFL is going to look really stupid if the Super Bowl has to be played in a snow storm. Who the hell wants to hang out and party in frozen Green Bay at the end of January. Personally I would not spend a ton of money to freeze my ass off in Green Bay, or New York for that matter.
    I hope the weather is snowing, raining, sleeting, hailing, blizzard, hurricane, tornado, drought, and a tsunami all on Superbowl day. Just think how awesome that would be and how many people would be talking about the only Superbowl ever to be played in unperfect conditions.

Creates more hype being in crap elements.
    We're bringing purple back.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Green Bay does not have enough hotel rooms. I lived there and I remember the city talking about this all the time.

Who the hell would want to freeze their ass off at a Super Bowl? Certainly not me!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

marstc09 wrote:
    Green Bay does not have enough hotel rooms. I lived there and I remember the city talking about this all the time.

Who the hell would want to freeze their ass off at a Super Bowl? Certainly not me!
    I wouldn't go, I'd be watching from the warmth of my own home

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

I wouldn't go, I'd be watching from the warmth of my own home
    And yet, that might mean that teh FANS might actually get to go to that Superbowl.

Let's face it, the Superbowls are attended by Celebrities and the Who's Who...the fans who filled the stands all season long are no where to be found as they were replaced by the rich fewkers who maybe caught a game or two and might know the name of the teams most famous player or two.

Point is, the REAL fans aren't there...they can't afford it.

But put it in Green Bay - a city NO ONE wants to be in for very long - and maybe the average Fan will have a shot.

Caine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast