singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Packers Considered Strike, Intentional Kneel-Downs

Packers Considered Strike, Intentional Kneel-Downs During Anger-Filled Reaction to Blown Call

Read more at: T.J. Lang Says Packers Considered Strike, Intentional Kneel-Downs During Anger-Filled Reaction to Blown Call - NFL - NESN.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Yep, that last play was awful, but so was that Pass Interference call on Chancellor on GB's TD drive. It was a great play & knock away by Chancellor, but the BS PI call gave GB a new set of downs, which led to them scoring the go ahead TD on that drive.

Had there been no flag, which would have been correct, the Packers would have had to punt. Drive over, no go ahead score.

Of course no one wearing green & gold, including Rodgers, never said anything about that awful call as it was in their favor & it ended up helping them get the go ahead score.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-28-2012 at 08:18 PM.

highdesertvike is offline Training Camp
    Wow...as if I needed a reason to like the Packers even less.

And this:

Matthews: 'We ended the lockout' - NFL Videos
    An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    What a bunch of damn babies! I hope the saints beat em at home.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Packers Considered Strike, Intentional Kneel-Downs During Anger-Filled Reaction to Blown Call

Read more at: T.J. Lang Says Packers Considered Strike, Intentional Kneel-Downs During Anger-Filled Reaction to Blown Call - NFL - NESN.com
    I wish they would take a damn knee every play and get their asses handed to them.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Hey Rodgers. How about shouldering some of the blame for being at the bottom of the division, rather than blaming it all on the refs. You can't blame this all on the refs;

Some stuff just needs to be said. First of all, I've got to do something that Aaron Rodgers or Mike McCarthy are not going to do. I have to apologize to the Packer fans. Their team has received -- the publicly owned team -- received millions by people who pay good money to come watch them play and the product on the field is not being complemented by good offensive play on the field. The Packer games are lacking an offense worthy of the hype & accolades they receive.

I'm sure Packer fans are OK with occasional poor offensive play, as long as it doesn't have a direct impact on their playoff dreams. Obviously, last Monday night there was a direct impact on the outcome of the game on multiple plays due to poor offensive play by the Packers, other than that last play, that we don’t need to get into. My thing is I just feel bad for the Packer fans because they're paying good money to watch them struggle. Their 1-2 record is being downplayed by a QB & a coach who obviously care more about blaming replacement refs (that every team has had to deal with), rather than having the integrity & taking ownership of their own poor offensive play.
    Last edited by singersp; 09-29-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Hey Rodgers. How about shouldering some of the blame for being at the bottom of the division, rather than blaming it all on the refs. You can't blame this all on the refs;

Some stuff just needs to be said. First of all, I've got to do something that Aaron Rodgers or Mike McCarthy is not going to do. I have to apologize to the Packer fans. Their team has received -- the only publicly owned team -- received millions by people who pay good money to come watch them play and the product on the field is not being complemented by good offense play on the field. The Packer games are lacking an offense worthy of the hype & accolades they receive.

I'm sure Packer fans are OK with occasional poor offensive play as long as it doesn't have a direct impact on their playoff dreams. Obviously, last Monday night there was a direct impact on the outcome of the game on multiple plays other than that last play due to poor offensive play by the Packers, that we don’t need to get into. My thing is I just feel bad for the Packer fans because they're paying good money to watch them struggle. Their 1-2 record game is being downplayed by a QB & a coach that obviously care more about blaming replacement refs that every team has had to deal with, rather than having the integrity & taking ownership of their own poor offensive play.
    Excellent post. Probably the best one you've written in a few years. Couldn't agree more. Officiating was bad, but Rodgers and McCarthy are more responsible for their team's dismal performances than the Refs were.

And you're right, most Packer fans won't connect those dots anyway.

Anyway, again, excellent post.

Caine

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Excellent post. Probably the best one you've written in a few years. Couldn't agree more. Officiating was bad, but Rodgers and McCarthy are more responsible for their team's dismal performances than the Refs were.

And you're right, most Packer fans won't connect those dots anyway.

Anyway, again, excellent post.

Caine
    They should have just got the first down and the refs would have been a non-factor. The coach was content to run the clock out and hope they would get a first down on the ground. Took it out of the QB's hands. It is difficult for the Packer's fans to grasp that they are not a superbowl team right now.

Seattle's defense was great and all the complaining about the refs was a disservice to the Seattle defense.

The Pack had a chance to put that game away with their offense and they didn't! The Seahawks played a great game and got a little help from the refs on the last drive which could have happened with real refs.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The Packers have been getting the benefit of calls for years, and did so even IN THAT GAME! Yet, they cry about one call that could have gone either way, and it went against them.

Too bad for the crybabies. Fans around the entire NFL will now know their true stripes.