Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Packers can do it again in NFC North

Are you saying Bryzcheapski spent all the money?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I agree with pretty much everything he wrote about the Vikes there.
    My belief is that we will be less active in FA than this guy thinks though.
    Right now there are not a lot of good players at the positions we need to fill.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Are you saying Bryzcheapski spent all the money?
    No, everyone missed this point(s)......

We aren't in a predicament were we are franchising guys, having guys hold out cause they aren't happy with thier contracts or having to restructure contracts because we need CAP space.

I think we are sitting pretty damn good with respect to what we need to get done.

Sign a WR, DE and possibly a S other than one of our own FA's.
    Sign our Rookie class
    Keep a bit in reserve to fix a hole from a impact guy who gets hurt in pre-season.

The point I keep trying to make (well its really two of them) is that we aren't gonna run out in FA and sign a guy at every position that we have already invested in (TE, OL) and we will not be trading any of our picks for old QB's cause we have positions on the roster (our FA's that will leave) that need to be filled via the draft.

I am a huge fan of Bryzcheapski.
    I just like to pick on someone during the year and the OL Coord, Birk and Bryzcheapski were my targets last year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    I agree with pretty much everything he wrote about the Vikes there.
    My belief is that we will be less active in FA than this guy thinks though.
    Right now there are not a lot of good players at the positions we need to fill.
    I kindof agree and disagree at the same time.

There will be talent available in the market this year, but we won't be active because the talent will demand a higher price than we are willing to pay.

Most, if not all of our positions of need can/will be solved by drafting wisely, signing a couple more of our own FA at low scale (probably 1 or 2 year contracts) and getting a couple of 2nd tier FA's.

That IMHO is smart.
    Again, most fans won't understand that and will beyyatch cause they (the staff) didn't go out and sign a McNabb to a high contract as well as trading a couple of picks for him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Player/coach to watch: Wide receiver Troy Williamson. After three disappointing seasons, Williamson has shown little sign of being the downfield threat Minnesota envisioned when making him the 2005 draft's No. 7 pick. If the club finds a player who could fill that role this off-season, Williamson could become trade bait.
    I know I'm cynical about Williamson but can anyone seriously see him being viable trade bait? Not when teams know there is more chance that he'll be cut at some time.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Player/coach to watch: Wide receiver Troy Williamson. After three disappointing seasons, Williamson has shown little sign of being the downfield threat Minnesota envisioned when making him the 2005 draft's No. 7 pick. If the club finds a player who could fill that role this off-season, Williamson could become trade bait.
    I know I'm cynical about Williamson but can anyone seriously see him being viable trade bait? Not when teams know there is more chance that he'll be cut at some time.

I'm a bit skeptical of this too...but that's why we are hearing things from the Vikings organization that they haven't given up on him yet, etc. I don't know what they can possibly get from it, but I appreciate that they are at least trying to keep his perceived value as high as possible. Better than trashing him and getting nothing in return. I'm sure there are teams that would trade a pick for him, and look at him as a worthy risk.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12