Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Football Man Law. Though shalt play injured/through injuries if it wouldn't/won't cause any further damage.

    Seriously, almost all players are suffering/playing through a ding now.
    A completely torn knee ligament is hardly a "ding", Marr.

    =Z=
    Your right.
    What is his status today, tomorrow, next week, 3 weeks from now?
    I don't know.
    If healthy he should play.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #42
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The word censor makes me giggle.

    But the crux of this argument stems from a misinterpretation of words.
    I do not want AD in a uniform in X number of weeks.
    I want him in uniform as soon as healthy, regardless of how long that is and what our record is at the time.
    We could be 4-11 going into the final game against Denver, and if that is the first day that AD is healthy, then you play him to his fullest capacity.
    If we are 5-6 going into Detroit... same thing.
    If the Vikings are 4-11 going into the final game against Denver and AD has not played since the GB game when he got hurt, then I don't care if he's got a robotic knee, he should NOT see the field.

    Think about it this way - would the 7-9 Vikings have been in position to draft AD in 2007 like the 6-10 Vikings were?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #43
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Football Man Law. Though shalt play injured/through injuries if it wouldn't/won't cause any further damage.

    Seriously, almost all players are suffering/playing through a ding now.
    A completely torn knee ligament is hardly a "ding", Marr.

    =Z=
    No kidding.
    Good thing AD just has a partial tear... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #44
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The word censor makes me giggle.

    But the crux of this argument stems from a misinterpretation of words.
    I do not want AD in a uniform in X number of weeks.
    I want him in uniform as soon as healthy, regardless of how long that is and what our record is at the time.
    We could be 4-11 going into the final game against Denver, and if that is the first day that AD is healthy, then you play him to his fullest capacity.
    If we are 5-6 going into Detroit... same thing.
    If the Vikings are 4-11 going into the final game against Denver and AD has not played since the GB game when he got hurt, then I don't care if he's got a robotic knee, he should NOT see the field.

    Think about it this way - would the 7-9 Vikings have been in position to draft AD in 2007 like the 6-10 Vikings were?

    =Z=
    You play to win every game, every time.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #45
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The word censor makes me giggle.

    But the crux of this argument stems from a misinterpretation of words.
    I do not want AD in a uniform in X number of weeks.
    I want him in uniform as soon as healthy, regardless of how long that is and what our record is at the time.
    We could be 4-11 going into the final game against Denver, and if that is the first day that AD is healthy, then you play him to his fullest capacity.
    If we are 5-6 going into Detroit... same thing.
    If the Vikings are 4-11 going into the final game against Denver and AD has not played since the GB game when he got hurt, then I don't care if he's got a robotic knee, he should NOT see the field.

    Think about it this way - would the 7-9 Vikings have been in position to draft AD in 2007 like the 6-10 Vikings were?

    =Z=
    OK, lets be honest.

    If we are 4-11 going into the final game and our medical staff clears him then yes they are stupid.

    My assumption would be at some point during that week (in one of the staff meetings with no players present) it would be deemed that he isn't healthy even if he is.

    I believe however, that he will be available after the Giants game.
    If sooner then it is another Kitnaesque type of miracle.
    (Take that buddy) ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #46
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Football Man Law. Though shalt play injured/through injuries if it wouldn't/won't cause any further damage.

    Seriously, almost all players are suffering/playing through a ding now.
    A completely torn knee ligament is hardly a "ding", Marr.
    No kidding.
    Good thing AD just has a partial tear... ;D
    Ha.
    Right.
    A Degree 2+ tear, right?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #47
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The word censor makes me giggle.

    But the crux of this argument stems from a misinterpretation of words.
    I do not want AD in a uniform in X number of weeks.
    I want him in uniform as soon as healthy, regardless of how long that is and what our record is at the time.
    We could be 4-11 going into the final game against Denver, and if that is the first day that AD is healthy, then you play him to his fullest capacity.
    If we are 5-6 going into Detroit... same thing.
    If the Vikings are 4-11 going into the final game against Denver and AD has not played since the GB game when he got hurt, then I don't care if he's got a robotic knee, he should NOT see the field.

    Think about it this way - would the 7-9 Vikings have been in position to draft AD in 2007 like the 6-10 Vikings were?
    You play to win every game, every time.
    So, playing their other stud RB is not playing to win?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #48
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    It has nothing to do with winning or losing. It would be a meaningless game. Just as the Colts rest their starters for the last game of the season, because it is meaningless, we should do the same with a player of AD's caliber, especially if that game is on the road.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings can clinch NFC North vs. Bears in two weeks
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 03:20 PM
  2. NFC North Division - can clinch in a week.
    By Bill in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 11:47 PM
  3. Packers can do it again in NFC North
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 03:48 PM
  4. New England can clinch AFC East by week 12...
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 10:22 AM
  5. Bears could clinch NFC North Week 12
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 09:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •